Henry County @ Kenwood-Week 2

SEC1rules

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District time. Should be a big bounce back for HC this week.

Both teams are 1-1. Kenwood lost to CPA 35-20 on Friday. I expect our offense to score plenty of points, but what I'm wanting to see is how our defense responds to the pistol whipping they took from Beech. Kenwood has their own stud tailback in Maleek Hall. He's no Jalen Hurd, but he's quick and elusive nonetheless. I want to see this defense step up and hit somebody in the mouth. We need to wrap up and finish our tackles, make big hits, and swarm to the ball like we've become accustomed to seeing at Henry County. This is where the games really start to matter. It's time to get back to playing Big Red football.

I fully expect a dominating performance from the Patriots this week.

Cpa is a good team so I judge Kenwood to be much improved. The threat of bad weather is real so anything could happen. We must be prepared. A good week of practice should have us ready; I hope our injury situation improvesl

GO BIG RED

Who all is out? I know James Brooks missed the Liberty game, but I didn't notice if he played Friday or not. I did notice that Chase Henderson got most of our 2nd half carries. Did Jamari Curtis get hurt?

i know you guys lost last week, but make no mistake, it was against one heck of a team, particularly offense. not to mention, it appears you hung with them pretty well scoring 41 points. looking at your schedule from here on, i'll be somewhat surprised if you don't finish 9-1. biggest "ifs" are probably northeast and dickson county. still haven't made up my mind on either, but i know what to expect from counce and hc. you guys will be in the thick of it.

hc takes this one big. i'll say 42-14. good luck.

Dangerous game this week for Henry County if the rush defense continues to play like it has the last 2 weeks. Kenwood relies heavily on the running game, and they have a couple of good backs. I don't think their defense has any chance of stopping HC without some turnovers and penalties, but the Patriots could be in another high scoring game if they don't tackle better.