Halls @ Powell - The Battle of Emory Road

osunut2

Halls is not a very good football team, there's no other way to say it. They will be lucky to win a game this year.

After watching this game, Halls was simply overmatched at every position. The speed/power combo of Montario Washington and Tyshawn Gardin was way too much for the Red Devils. They combined for over 300 yards rushing and 6 TDs on just 18 carries. Total domination by the Panthers. Powell totaled nearly 500 yards, while holding Halls to 130 (half of which came on a late TD pass).

Gonna be hard for the Ridge to stop those 2, plus Owenby it sounds like.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be hard for the Ridge to stop those 2, plus Owenby it sounds like.

Owenby has started out slowly this season, but it's hard not to be impressed by both Washington and Gardin, as well as the entire Panther defense thus far. However, OR will be their toughest game of the season, without question. I'm still not convinced that this Powell team can beat a team of their caliber, but they are playing a lot better than I thought they would this season.

Owenby has started out slowly this season, but it's hard not to be impressed by both Washington and Gardin, as well as the entire Panther defense thus far. However, OR will be their toughest game of the season, without question. I'm still not convinced that this Powell team can beat a team of their caliber, but they are playing a lot better than I thought they would this season.

Well, we haven't been what i would say dominant so far this year. Tonight's game was a trap game, i thought, but we wont it pretty handily. But, it was Central. They aren't gonna awe many folks. But, i also think we have played far from a complete game this year. Tonight's game i think was a little hard to get up for because of the big win last week, and you guys coming up Friday. We are gonna be up for the Powell game and i expect us to play our best game of the year. Will that translate to a victory? I don't know, but Blade will have the team ready it being the 1st home game of the year. I have no doubt about that. I expect a hard fought tough game just like last year. This has become a pretty good rivalry game.

Edited by SweetScience

I thought it was a crap move by Powell at the end of this game to punch the last TD in with under a minute left in the 4th quarter. I know they have a young HC but he has a long way to go in terms of sportsmanship. No reason to do that to a group of Halls boys who have been through a lot in short period of time. This clown makes Lowe look bashful.

Ut oh......

I thought it was a crap move by Powell at the end of this game to punch the last TD in with under a minute left in the 4th quarter. I know they have a young HC but he has a long way to go in terms of sportsmanship. No reason to do that to a group of Halls boys who have been through a lot in short period of time. This clown makes Lowe look bashful.

Not really. Powell had its backups in the game, and they practice to play the games, too. Powell wasn't chucking it deep trying to score. They were running the football.

Besides, Halls still had its starters in the game and they were sure trying to make defensive plays.

Much ado about nothing.

I thought it was a crap move by Powell at the end of this game to punch the last TD in with under a minute left in the 4th quarter.

Those Powell coaches sure do have a lot on their plates...I don't know how they balance trying to coach their team and worry about playing defense for Halls at the same time sleep.png

I thought it was a crap move by Powell at the end of this game to punch the last TD in with under a minute left in the 4th quarter.

I don't have a problem with what Coach Rang did, considering the personnel on the field. He even mentioned that in the postgame interview. Granted, from Halls' perspective, it probably seemed classless, but those young 2nd/3rd stringers deserve an opportunity to cash in for a score, even in a blowout win. Powell ran the exact same play on all 9 plays of that final drive (with the continuous clock rule) and their backups in the game, and Halls starters still couldn't stop them.

Not really. Powell had its backups in the game, and they practice to play the games, too. Powell wasn't chucking it deep trying to score. They were running the football.

Besides, Halls still had its starters in the game and they were sure trying to make defensive plays.

Much ado about nothing.

I say lay the wood to 'em! It builds character...