District 12AA Central

District12AA

With the district season finally underway, I figure we need a central hub to keep up with standings, stat leaders and games of the week. Let me say I am upset with the effort of my Tigers last night. Coaches need to step it up.

Standings after Week 1

Giles Co. (1-0)

Hickman Co. (1-0)

Fairview (1-0)

Page (1-0)

Summit (0-0)

East Hickman (0-1)

Marshall Co. (0-1)

Lewis Co. (0-1)

Spring Hill (0-1)

I think it is safe to say no one in this district will be within 14 points of Giles Co. during the season. Seems like everyone is battling for 2nd. Right now I am impressed with Hickman Co. and the improvements they have made. Their HC has done a great job fixing the mess that was left by the last HC.

Week 2 of District Play Game of the Week

Giles Co. at Hickman Co.

A matchup of 3-0 teams. Giles Co. is the best team in 4A and real bring the Bulldogs back down to reality. Look for them to give them a fight in the 1st half and the Bobcats pull away for a 49-14 win.

Fairview at Page

An intercounty match-up. Looks like Page finally fixed its offense and the passing attack will give the Yellow Jackets trouble. Fairview has had a slew up injuries as a result this is my upset special. Page 28 Fairview 21

Spring Hill at East Hickman

East Hickman was humbled with their visit to the Brickyard. However they are a much improved team. A lot of Spring Hill supporters say their coach is on the hot seat. I will say this may send him out the door when East Hickman wins 35-21.

Summit at Lewis Co,

Summit is still looking for their first district win. I thought they would be more improved but the 9-0 win against Northwest was not impressive. Lewis Co. suffered some key injuries last night. Look for the Panthers to get healthy and see the mercy rule come into effect. Lewis wins 42-7.

My Tigers are playing at Columbia in a non-district match-up. I don't know if I can stomach this whole season. Coach Pitts needs to realize, we need our best players on the field.

Thoughts?? Predictions??

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its too early to tell for me. Hickman will give Giles a good game for sure. Page always gets better. Lewis and Franklin-lite will get better also.Until I see them up close and personal Friday night I'm thinking Hickman may make the biggest move. We have played Tullahoma so Columbia must be really down. Big match-ups ahead.

Giles plays 11 on offense and a different 11 on defense. Both squads are getting better. Very soon you will see just the best 11 at one time. icon_e_ugeek.gif

You call yourself District 12 AA as if you are well informed across the broad on all the teams in the district. Page beat a down Spring Hill team for there first win ,and had a total of 20 points in two losses. They lost to a 1-2 Kenwood and a 1-2 Indy who FV tied with in a scrimmage, that is hardly getting their offense back on track. FV also handled Page in a 7 on 7 match at Vandy putting in their back ups. (NOT a slam on Page I think they will get it together just not this week). Do your homework before you do your Lee Corso act. In an earlier post you made, you said that FV was not as good as their fans think they are, after a lose to a good Cheatham team. But you should have said" not as good as you think ". I think you will pick whoever FV's opp. is ever week to upset FV. Or is it that you hope everyone will beat FV each week. You also picked on Lewis Co. and called their win over Giles (last year) a fluke and not an upset in an earier post. So if Page beats FV will that be a fluke or an upset? Looking at your earier posts it is clear you are a Marshall fan who has a crush on Giles. I do not believe this is a good unbaised District 12AA prediction , but a wish list. It is hard to be unbaised and a hater at the same time. You once asked Lewis who they thought they where better than in the dist. the same could be asked of Marshall. I think you should post under a new name. Maybe( Marshall fan w/Giles crush) that has a nice ring.

l

As far as Page goes from the standpoint of someone who follows them closely and been to all 3 games I saw a lot of improvement in there win. I realize Spring Hill is not very good put Page really went to there run game first then brought there passing game into it this week. Our offense looked much better. I don't know whose gonna win but Page is gonna play a close game with Fairview this week

You call yourself District 12 AA as if you are well informed across the broad on all the teams in the district. Page beat a down Spring Hill team for there first win ,and had a total of 20 points in two losses. They lost to a 1-2 Kenwood and a 1-2 Indy who FV tied with in a scrimmage, that is hardly getting their offense back on track. FV also handled Page in a 7 on 7 match at Vandy putting in their back ups. (NOT a slam on Page I think they will get it together just not this week). Do your homework before you do your Lee Corso act. In an earlier post you made, you said that FV was not as good as their fans think they are, after a lose to a good Cheatham team. But you should have said" not as good as you think ". I think you will pick whoever FV's opp. is ever week to upset FV. Or is it that you hope everyone will beat FV each week. You also picked on Lewis Co. and called their win over Giles (last year) a fluke and not an upset in an earier post. So if Page beats FV will that be a fluke or an upset? Looking at your earier posts it is clear you are a Marshall fan who has a crush on Giles. I do not believe this is a good unbaised District 12AA prediction , but a wish list. It is hard to be unbaised and a hater at the same time. You once asked Lewis who they thought they where better than in the dist. the same could be asked of Marshall. I think you should post under a new name. Maybe( Marshall fan w/Giles crush) that has a nice ring.

l

giles co doesn't want no mc fan on board with us!

no you said" they finally fixed it's offense and their passing attack will give the yellow jackets trouble". Are you now saying you want to change your QUOTE. You did not say improved Lee. Cheatham is a good team and it is how you are playing at playoff time ,you think a team has never won state with a loss. We are not playing pages 2009 team at home or the 85' Bears we are playing the 2012 Page team. And almost everyone who haves a kid playing 4years of H.S. football in this Dist. can make that claim. Try going to something other then just all the marshall games. Unless you have be cloning yourself on fri. nights. You do not have the market cornered on being a high school football fan. Just the market corned on being a biased fan. And you opened yourself up to criticism.

Irish 9,

1. I said Page's offense is improved from the 1st two weeks. From I have heard and seen in the paper the Fairview defense has been giving up big chunks of yards. So I think the passing game will give Fairview trouble. When was the last time Fairview beat Page at Page?

2. The Lewis Co. win against Giles last year was a fluke. We all know it. Murphy's law took effect in that night in Howenwald for the Bobcats.

3. My comment about Fairview was warranted. Many fans on here and even their coach had made comments about a state championship caliber team. Well that caliber of team doesn't blow an 11 pt lead in the 2nd half. Fairview opened themselves up to that criticism.

4. It pains me to say Giles Co. is a cut above everyone else, but it is the truth.

I have seen more games than probably anyone on this board over the last 4 years for this district.

The top prospect in the District is probably Giles Co.'s Al Cobb. Very similar to Bo Wallace his senior year. Peterson from Marshall will be a good find for a OVC type school. Page really doesn't have anyone that stands out for the D1 level. Neither does Spring Hill or Summit.

On the 3A level, Fairview has two D1 prospects in Franklin and Moore, Lewis, East, and Hickman don't have any D1 players, IMO.

I think you will pick whoever FV's opp. is ever week to upset FV. Or is it that you hope everyone will beat FV each week.

I think Fairview like being the underdog. When people think they can beat them they use that to play even that much better. Just like everyone thought that lewis was going to come and it be a close game with them ending up winning when really it turned out to be a blowout with a few scores when JV was put in.

Irish9, you are one of the most biased fans on this board. The reason you are upset is because my opinion on the Jackets rings true.

I will criticize my team anytime it needs to be done. I do not just go to Marshall Co. games, I do not have a child that plays anymore, so I travel around and watch games every week. I attended the Page-Spring Hill game Thursday night and I will be going to the Hickman-Giles game this Friday. Like I said for the last 4 years I have traveled around the district watching the best games of the week.