20-day enrollments

Indian

Guest Purplepastry

I never understood why all these people want to exclude the private schools. It is always a mistake to eliminate competition to hand out less meaningful championships. It was a mistake to go to create division II, it was a mistake to go to 5 classes, and it was a bigger mistake to go to 6. All that does is water down the competition and make the titles less meaningful. The fairness police (mommas) have wrecked NASCAR, the NFL, and they are working on high school sports. The only thing left is college football. Do you want to beat the best or hide from them?

And don't give me this unfair advantage business. Every sport every level some teams have advantage that others don’t. A private school has the advantage of a larger area to draw but they also don’t have the same sense of community that a small public school has and to me that is a big advantage. There is a lot to be said for a group to grow up playing together and for each other. That does not happen in a year or two at private school.

The real difference is in attitude and expectation. If all you do is whine how it is unfair all you are doing is developing a loser mentality. I will say this, historically the teams in Marion County do it right. SP and MC have never backed down from a fight with a private school and whooped them more often than not.

I say quit whining and get tough or die.

Edited by Purplepastry

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood why all these people want to exclude the private schools. It is always a mistake to eliminate competition to hand out less meaningful championships. It was a mistake to go to create division II, it was a mistake to go to 5 classes, and it was a bigger mistake to go to 6. All that does is water down the competition and make the titles less meaningful. The fairness police (mommas) have wrecked NASCAR, the NFL, and they are working on high school sports. The only thing left is college football. Do you want to beat the best or hide from them?

And don't give me this unfair advantage business. Every sport every level some teams have advantage that others don’t. A private school has the advantage of a larger area to draw but they also don’t have the same sense of community that a small public school has and to me that is a big advantage. There is a lot to be said for a group to grow up playing together and for each other. That does not happen in a year or two at private school.

The real difference is in attitude and expectation. If all you do is whine how it is unfair all you are doing is developing a loser mentality. I will say this, historically the teams in Marion County do it right. SP and MC have never backed down from a fight with a private school and whooped them more often than not.

Ever notice how it's always the ones holding the advantage who don't want to change the rules?That wonderful sense of community only ensures that plenty of fans are on hand to watch a city wide all star team whip the hometown kids who've been playing togther their whole lives(unless one of the "townies" is good enough that the private sends a bus to pick him/her up). Edited by tradertwo

Where are you from....Davidson Co. up and around that area or Knox Co.

You my friend r.an.idiot....MaryAnn County is 4-11 in there last 15 games against private schools...if thats what you call more often than not, then your stupid also.

Oh and by the way don't be jumping on SP coattails...I don't think they would like a Jasperite sniffin there butts. hungry.gif

Edited by slimshady

Guest Purplepastry

You my friend r.an.idiot....MaryAnn County is 4-11 in there last 15 games against private schools...if thats what you call more often than not, then your stupid also.

Oh and by the way don't be jumping on SP coattails...I don't think they would like a Jasperite sniffin there butts. hungry.gif

Slimlady, you are a chicken. I would rather be 4-100 than to be 0-0 and know that I was ducking competition.And I wasn't jumping on anyone especiall not SP, we do not like each other that is true but we hate you worse.

Slimlady, you are a chicken. I would rather be 4-100 than to be 0-0 and know that I was ducking competition.And I wasn't jumping on anyone especiall not SP, we do not like each other that is true but we hate you worse.

It don't really matter because MaryAnn County will never be relevant when it comes to Football talk. They might luck up and win one(championship) in the next 100 years... but i doubt it.

Guest Purplepastry

It don't really matter because MaryAnn County will never be relevant when it comes to Football talk. They might luck up and win one(championship) in the next 100 years... but i doubt it.

Since the quality of Marion County's progam has nothing to do with the argument, I assume you have none. And Marion County has one championship that no other small school in the state wil ever top, and they beat a private school to get it.

Since the quality of Marion County's progam has nothing to do with the argument, I assume you have none. And Marion County has one championship that no other small school in the state wil ever top, and they beat a private school to get it.

Actually, SP has a Gold Ball over TPS who up to a point was a perennial power among the Nashville area private schools, kind of like MaryAnn was during the K.C. and the Sunshine years among Private Schools. Sure, SP got routed in the '74 title game by Brentwood, but Maryann didn't make the playoffs that year for losing to SP.

Actually, SP has a Gold Ball over TPS who up to a point was a perennial power among the Nashville area private schools, kind of like MaryAnn was during the K.C. and the Sunshine years among Private Schools. Sure, SP got routed in the '74 title game by Brentwood, but Maryann didn't make the playoffs that year for losing to SP.

TPS being called a private school??? Might want to do a little bit more research before throwing wild comments like that out there rlh. Sounds like you might be under educated in regard to "Nashville privates". Kind of like some other bs statements made by SP fans. no matter how many times you say this one, though TPS will never be considered private.

TPS being called a private school??? Might want to do a little bit more research before throwing wild comments like that out there rlh. Sounds like you might be under educated in regard to "Nashville privates". Kind of like some other bs statements made by SP fans. no matter how many times you say this one, though TPS will never be considered private.

TPS was a private school in the 60's. FACT!

During that Era, TPS was very good and a Private School. And by the way, Gordonsville's State Championship team in 1984 was won during the old 3 Classification system, no Private School Multipliers and you had to win district to even get to playoffs. Gordonsville beat Memphis Evangelical Christian School, now a Division II School. In those days, Championships were really earned.