Beech @ MtJuliet

werazzlin

What happened this year! Did they decide against something this year that completely shut you down last year? I think alot of that may be the personel you have. I haven't seen Beech play yet but from what I've heard from PHS and SCHS fans is that you don't have the personel to be effective whether you blitz or not to stop the BEARS run game! Chowbay hasn't had to throw because no one has been able to stop our run game. Kinda like last year when you all couldn't stop our run game. In fact, if I remember correctly, we didn't complete a pass against you at all last year. Yes he's a sophmore but Chowbays don't get rattled very easily!

FACT: Beech has the personnel to be effective.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACT: Beech has the personnel to be effective.

FACT: So does MJ.

This is going to be an epic battle of two very good teams. Both teams are very well coached and have the athletes to compete at a high level. I trully believe that the winner wins the battle in the trenches. Can MJ or Beech control the line of scrimmage? We will know in 4 days. Cannot wait to see this one.

We didn't run the wing-t against HC like we did last year, and as far as personnel goes, we were missing a starting RB (still missing) when we played them this year. I don't think our objective will be to stop MJ's run game, but maybe we can slow them down. We'll see. PHS and SCHS are sure doing a lot of hating on our D to only have scored 7 pts on us in 8 quarters. Our jv defense played in 4 of those 8 quarters.

Im not hating on anyones team, and DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO IT. All I said was I feel MJ has a better defense. I also stated I felt Beech has the better running back, does that mean Im hating on MJ's running back? Heck no. Dont misconstrue my words. IF you were not talking about me, lol. Well then carry on, whoop whooppopcorneater.gif

Like I wrote before, focus on the run and force a young, inexperienced quarterback to have to make plays. No one can doubt MJ’s ability to be effective; your opposition knows that every year. You’re a big school, and you always have options (usually a lot of options). Just know that this is not the team that you faced last year, and as any Henry County fan will tell you, it wont be as easy as you think! Go Bucs!!

Where has anyone posted on here that it will be an easy game! I know that it's not the same team as last year and the same is true about us. We graduated 26 from last year with the majority of them starting. I'm just glad we're as competitive as we are due to that fact alone. With the exception of last year this has been a very close and exciting game and i'm expecting the same this year. Go BEARS!

FACT: So does MJ.

This is going to be an epic battle of two very good teams. Both teams are very well coached and have the athletes to compete at a high level. I trully believe that the winner wins the battle in the trenches. Can MJ or Beech control the line of scrimmage? We will know in 4 days. Cannot wait to see this one.

Fact: Two good teams.

Fact: One Hurd

I would imagine Roger Perry watched the Station Camp film very closely. What they did well (held him to 38 yards in the 1st half) and what they didn't do well (let him get over 200 in the 2nd half). For my money MJ wants to play a possession game, crowd the line on defense, and keep Hurd to a reasonable number. I believe a big play by either QB may decide it. Game goes 3 OT's with the Bucs winning by 1.

If MJ can slow Hurd they win. Beech passing vs MJ... Advantage MJ. We couldn't stop Hurd, if MJ can come up with a plan that works Beech may not win again against a decent team.

Profound...

Beech has completed 62% of its passes, averaged over 100 passing yds per game and scored more than one passing td per game, so MJ's passing game must be really good. Based on what I'm reading MJ has the best running game in the state too. I'm thinking maybe we should just stay home.

Profound...

Beech has completed 62% of its passes, averaged over 100 passing yds per game and scored more than one passing td per game, so MJ's passing game must be really good. Based on what I'm reading MJ has the best running game in the state too. I'm thinking maybe we should just stay home.

roflol.gif

Profound...

Very Profound tandem! I really like the last comment about "...with a plan that works, Beech may not win against a decent team." Well I am here to tell you, Henry County is more than just a decent team aaacav. Our defense is not what it was on last year's championship team, but we aren't too shabby either. Hurd is the best running back I have seen - and I've seen lots of them over the years. What's more is that the Beech o-line is pretty dang good and blocking for him well. They are a supurbly put together unit on offense. It is going to be extremely difficult for MJ (or anyone else for that matter) to slow him down enough to score more points. I may be wrong and get surprised, but I see Beech running the table with Hurd getting Mr. Football in AAA.

Very Profound tandem! I really like the last comment about "...with a plan that works, Beech may not win against a decent team." Well I am here to tell you, Henry County is more than just a decent team aaacav. Our defense is not what it was on last year's championship team, but we aren't too shabby either. Hurd is the best running back I have seen - and I've seen lots of them over the years. What's more is that the Beech o-line is pretty dang good and blocking for him well. They are a supurbly put together unit on offense. It is going to be extremely difficult for MJ (or anyone else for that matter) to slow him down enough to score more points. I may be wrong and get surprised, but I see Beech running the table with Hurd getting Mr. Football in AAA.

Turnovers will be a big key. Both offenses are too good and will take advantage of every mistake. Special teams will also play a big part. The Bears are ready for Mr. Hurd and the Bucs.

Looking forward to a great game ! GO BEARS !