Williamsburg, Ky @ Oneida

crow

I think Williamsburg is 4-0 and putting up lots of points every game. And Hazard won the State champ last year I believe after beating Wburg 28-0 in the playoffs

Yeah, I don't think that 1-0 is correct for Hazard....or maybe they are missing some games. I bet Williamsburg is #4 depending on what Fairview did last week. Oneida's defense is gonna have their hands full! Great opportunity to get better!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida looks good on their running game,but if they want to go deep in the play offs they need to get more balanced with the pass game. Where's the faith in the receivers and QB??? The ball was thrown more in the CG game than any game so far. Hopefully theyll keep that up and keep the defense on their toes so Bear can run up the middle for so big yards!!!

The post game stats had Oneida as 1 for 1 passing for 36 yards. C. West to D. Thompson.

Wartburg game Oneida was 3 for 5 for 34 yards.

West Greene game oneida was 0 for 2.

Greenback game Oneida 5 for 9 for 52.

So actually this is the least passing in terms of attempts per game we've saw this season.

Edited by crow

The post game stats had Oneida as 1 for 1 passing for 36 yards. C. West to D. Thompson.

Wartburg game Oneida was 3 for 5 for 34 yards.

West Greene game oneida was 0 for 2.

Greenback game Oneida 5 for 9 for 52.

So actually this is the least passing in terms of attempts per game we've saw this season.

exactly. 1/1 for 36 yards. and the ball was never thrown again. Which it wasnt needed against CG but there will come a time when they will need to spread the ball out some. I just dont understand why they wont get a more balanced play calling going.

exactly. 1/1 for 36 yards. and the ball was never thrown again. Which it wasnt needed against CG but there will come a time when they will need to spread the ball out some. I just dont understand why they wont get a more balanced play calling going.

Exactly? Your post said we saw more pass against cg than any other game this season. We threw 1 pass at cg & have thrown 2 to 9 passes in the others.

At any rate this will likely not change anytime soon, just not the style of offense that's ran at Oneida. Good, bad, or otherwise it is run first & throw when you have to or when the D makes it to good to pass up (like the 1 at CG). If it ever does change I can bet it probably won't be in the middle of the season when they decide to start tossing it 'round the yard. May wanna practice that for more than 4 days before busting that out.

Edited by crow

I can't see Williamsburg having gained a ton of new players that are game changers? We beat them a year ago, right? They passed it all over the yard a year ago too, but they did struggle sustaining drives because of dropped balls or inaccurate throws. I think we'll have to keep the screws tight....and I expect the atmosphere to liven up a little at home. Then again, I remember one year they came down here and passed us silly. Lambo's Defense will be ready and the Sherman Tank Offense showed a lot of improvement against CG. Hopefully that will remain consistent.

thumb[1].gif Kazanator thumb[1].gif

I can't see Williamsburg having gained a ton of new players that are game changers? We beat them a year ago, right? They passed it all over the yard a year ago too, but they did struggle sustaining drives because of dropped balls or inaccurate throws. I think we'll have to keep the screws tight....and I expect the atmosphere to liven up a little at home. Then again, I remember one year they came down here and passed us silly. Lambo's Defense will be ready and the Sherman Tank Offense showed a lot of improvement against CG. Hopefully that will remain consistent.

thumb[1].gif Kazanator thumb[1].gif

Hey Kaz, Williamsburg won 45-21 last year. The Indians played well in the first half and then just kinda went away (if I remember correctly). I like the changes on the Defense, I think it will make a huge difference. This is a great chance to play a very good team outa KY! I'm sure TL is gonna have a plan to put the clamps down on the....yellowjackets?

Hey Kaz, Williamsburg won 45-21 last year. The Indians played well in the first half and then just kinda went away (if I remember correctly). I like the changes on the Defense, I think it will make a huge difference. This is a great chance to play a very good team outa KY! I'm sure TL is gonna have a plan to put the clamps down on the....yellowjackets?

No they didn't Oneida won last year 45-22 at Williamsburg.

http://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/oneida-indians-(oneida,tn)/football-fall-11/schedule.htm