Baylor at Ensworth

reddad

what are your thoughts, another meeting of the teams that have played for the last two state titles.

I'm not convinced ensworth is as good as they have been the past few years. yes corn is awesome but the supporting cast doesn't seem to be what it has been.

Baylor young line growing up and it looks as though they have finally picked a qb

should be a good one. get your "pop"corn ready

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a great game. Most people only remember the championship game last year, which is the only one that counts, but the regular season game was a whipping that Ensworth would like to forget.

As I see it, Ensworth was lucky to get away with a win from a very good MUS teams and has not played anybody since then. Baylor has had to rely on a very strong defense which they will need against Corn and company to win the game but their offense really seems to be getting in sync in the second half of the MBA game for the first time this season.

If Baylor kicks every kickoff in the endzone and every punt out of bounds then I think Baylor wins by a field goal, since Baylor has another great kicker this year.

It should be a fast pace game.

I think any defense who is good against the run will have at least a chance against ensworth. MBA has a good defense against the run and I personally think they will have a decent shot if they can prevent corn from breaking those long runs, but then again I thought the same thing about BA last year and corn ran all over them. From what I know everyone at Ensworth is saying this team by year end could be the best team ever there, but we will just need to see how they fair against BA and MUS again if they match up again. This is looking to be another brutal year for the top programs in d 2. I would not rule out the 3 big teams in Nashville , Baylor and the 2 Memphis teams come year end. Of the top 10 football teams in the entire state .. There are 5 or 6 of them in that group. I personally am hoping BA and Ensworth win out until Oct 19 th which would make for one of the most exciting football games in some time on espn

I think it will be a great game. Most people only remember the championship game last year, which is the only one that counts, but the regular season game was a whipping that Ensworth would like to forget.

As I see it, Ensworth was lucky to get away with a win from a very good MUS teams and has not played anybody since then. Baylor has had to rely on a very strong defense which they will need against Corn and company to win the game but their offense really seems to be getting in sync in the second half of the MBA game for the first time this season.

If Baylor kicks every kickoff in the endzone and every punt out of bounds then I think Baylor wins by a field goal, since Baylor has another great kicker this year.

It should be a fast pace game.

I agree that MUS is a very good team, but I disagree that Ensworth was "lucky to get away with a win" in that game. A lot of the Ensworth players play both offense and defense (unlike MUS, which has a much larger school and team), and in the first game of the year against MUS, the Ensworth defensive front seven were not yet in peak football shape and were fading down the stretch. I do hope these two teams strap it up against each other again this year. While anything can happen, I think Ensworth is the better team.

As far as Baylor goes, I am really looking forward to seeing the Baylor offense. In my view, Baylor will need to score more than 28 points to win. As far as all of the "Cornsworth" crap, Baylor knows only too well that Ensworth is more than a one-player show. Corn is indeed a special talent, but he is far from the only weapon that Ensworth has. In last years championship game, Elder went out with an ankle injury after carrying the ball a grand total of twice and Rico Watson, Corn's senior backup, came in and exploded for 221 yards (Ensworth had almost 400 total rushing yards on the night) on 16 carries with 3 touchdowns. The holes were there, placed expertly by a pretty darn good offensive line, most of whom are back this year.

Prediction for this game: Ensworth 35

Baylor 24

Edited by RedRobin