Baylor

NardDog

No offense, but that was a really stupid and irrelevant analogy. We are all impacted by the TSSAA rules, the structure and by things that occur in the Chattanooga and TN wrestling community. The idiot is the one who rejects a good idea because it did not come from within his ranks. Thank goodness no one else follows that approach related to politics, college sports or anything else. The call from me and others, read the prior thread, is for a level playing field, no longer allowing Baylor and McCallie to recruit other high schools current athletes and if they do, they should sit out for a year like anyone else. The second suggestion is for these two schools to become national prep school powers and give our youth a really cool option versus just another local contender. I'm a parent and coach and want that option for my wrestlers.

You seek parity for D2, but you don't seem concerned that Bradley Central won the large public duals four out of the last five years? D2 and the small publics (each of which have half the number of teams in the tournament than the big publics) have each had three different champions over that same 5 year period. If you are bound and determined to complain, find fault and level the playing field, it seems to me that the division which may need your attention is D1-AAA, not the others. I too am a parent and I still want the option to send my kids to a F1 training school here in Tennessee. Ain't gonna happen.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put this in perspective, take the transfers off Baylor's team and they go from good to average... Just saying. When you go out and hand pick who you want and steal other team's wrestlers (McCallie=Clements & Murphy, CBHS=Robinson, Tullahoma=Brunner) it is monumentally advantageous to your team! AND that's not even including the one's they recruited before high school such as (Holloway, Dendy, Powell, Sotherland, Canada, and I'm sure I'm leaving out more). IT'S ABSURD!!!!!!!

Put this in perspective, take the transfers off Baylor's team and they go from good to average... Just saying. When you go out and hand pick who you want and steal other team's wrestlers (McCallie=Clements & Murphy, CBHS=Robinson, Tullahoma=Brunner) it is monumentally advantageous to your team! AND that's not even including the one's they recruited before high school such as (Holloway, Dendy, Powell, Sotherland, Canada, and I'm sure I'm leaving out more). IT'S ABSURD!!!!!!!

I want you to know trublu that I have turned Baylor in for their illegal use of mind control. They shouldnt have used subliminal persuasion to trick Clements into having a falling out with McCallie, they shouldnt have tricked Robinson into leaving cbhs, they shouldnt have tricked Murphy into leaving McCallie.

As far as recruiting the other ones before high school goes maybe you should look in the mirror. Is there a McCallie elementary school? If they are guilty then I guess you guys are as well. Lets see, Cornell, Westbrooks, Davis all wrestled at other kids clubs. Im sure the others did as well but I just dont know who you have on your team. I would be willing to bet the only starter you have that came through your program is Connells son.

Heres your sign!

Edited by heresyourstupidsign

That is fair enough to say regarding the recruiting before high school because I'm sure you are right...both schools are guilty.

As far as Clements and Robinson...it is simply ABSURD!

To my knowledge, Clements' issues at McCallie were football related...When Baylor heard he was unhappy they did everything they could to pursade him to go to the red school. To steal a kid who was a multi legacy at McCallie is simply unacceptable. One of the many reasons I despise the red place...they do things the wrong way. Never would of thought Hal Clements' boy would be wearing red??? He was ILLEGALLY recruited. I still can't believe a bigger deal wasn't made regarding his transfer.

Robinson- Here is our chance to catch Baylor in the act! We know what happened with Clements and likely Brunner too...so TSSAA do your job this time and CATCH/PUNISH baylor! I heard that Robinson was brought in to Baylor's wrestling camp this year on what would have been the equivelent of what would be an official visit in college...Other schools don't have the option to do this... it makes for an obvious uneven playing field. McCallie may be a boarding prep school too, but they do NOT recruit at the extremes that baylor has the past x amount of years!

Conclusion: TSSAA needs to step in and do their job. Warn Baylor or place them on probation!

Baylor has neve recruited. The quality of the campus, teachers, students, and athletics is a magnet for high school students. If they can find a way to get in they will. Take that top 10 list that everyone has been making for example, all 10 on every list would be at Baylor if it was possible. The school is just that great.

Around around the mulberry bush the monkey chases the BIG RED MACHINE… lol sorry I could not help myself. Sooo TSSAA or blueballs or heck anybody…. The Baylor oppurtunity comes with great sacrifice and commitment which equally success(now I have only one college course so I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed) however it seems kinda simple. Okay… okay… let me say this again please get you a pencil and piece of paper so can write it down and keep it in your pocket.. The Baylor opportunity comes with great sacrifice and commitment which equally success.

Yours in sport

Mitchell L. Brunner(my son makes me put the L in there says it looks more "professional")

Around around the mulberry bush the monkey chases the BIG RED MACHINE… lol sorry I could not help myself. Sooo TSSAA or blueballs or heck anybody…. The Baylor oppurtunity comes with great sacrifice and commitment which equally success(now I have only one college course so I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed) however it seems kinda simple. Okay… okay… let me say this again please get you a pencil and piece of paper so can write it down and keep it in your pocket.. The Baylor opportunity comes with great sacrifice and commitment which equally success.

Yours in sport

Mitchell L. Brunner(my son makes me put the L in there says it looks more "professional")

Depends on how you define success, recruiting from all over the region and not domating the state? Its really kind of pathetic. Seems like more "great sacrifice or commitment is required". The only commitment seen in this off season is a renewed interest in other teams and states wrestlers. LOL.

Depends on how you define success, recruiting from all over the region and not domating the state? Its really kind of pathetic. Seems like more "great sacrifice or commitment is required". The only commitment seen in this off season is a renewed interest in other teams and states wrestlers. LOL.

mocs2011... is ya a yellowbelly? Now son or well.. just or... state your name so i know whos i bees speaking with. I do think your view on the BIG RED MACHINE is filled with some anger see.. i'm a doctor thats right only one college course needed, but anyhow son open up tell me whos you is and i'll help yous!

Again YIS

Mitchell L. Brunner

Most State Championships for AllSports

School Count Baylor 120 Brentwood Academy 53 Girls Preparatory School 44 Father Ryan 40 Montgomery Bell Academy 38 Oak Ridge 37 Bradley Central 37 Christian Brothers 36 Farragut 36 Brentwood 35 McCallie 34

What's your definition of domination?

Most State Championships for AllSports

School Count Baylor 120 Brentwood Academy 53 Girls Preparatory School 44 Father Ryan 40 Montgomery Bell Academy 38 Oak Ridge 37 Bradley Central 37 Christian Brothers 36 Farragut 36 Brentwood 35 McCallie 34

What's your definition of domination?

I agree Baylor should win but I have to agree with Mtnrasslin here on this one. Dang those stats arent even close. Im suprised the other dII schools arent as close. Kind of disproves the cry babies arguments that there is such a huge advantage. A guy I work with kids go there. He said baylor just won their third national championship in swimming in 3 years. Thats pretty impressive.