Have you seen my son on a scale lately!?

CupCake

It's about that time to see what kids are weighing,,,,, and start talking about line-ups and seasonal match ups.

Now, I would throw some weights and match-ups out there (I know that's the best way to start off a topic),,,but I'm out of the loop and country,, hence,,,I'd really like to talk wrestling,,,get educated and updated,,, and see what this year looks like throughout the state.

Joe Waddell's Uncle,,,sends...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a stab at this and gve my top two at each weight. Don't yell if I get your wrestler in the wrong weight.

Navarro- Bradley Central has two kids at 106 that could place very high here but I think Navarro will be the man.

Crawford- Nick has been wrestling all summer and has shown some improvement.

DeBien- Chris has shown he is the man to beat. Had a great offseason and is looking for his second title.

Boatman- Jon has been on the mat all summer and is determined to get a step higher on the podium.

Jacob Stevens- Kid is about as clutch as you can get. Took some tough losses during the year but came to wrestle when it counted.

Austin Stevison- You are guaranteed a show every time Austin steps on the mat. Had a great offseason and looking for title number

Austin Oliver- Three time medalist is looking for his fourth.

Byron Smith- I have heard he has gotten big over the summer. Had a great season last year, and could get a step higher this year.

Haden Hamilton- With all of the horses gone from this weight I think Haden will be a favorite.

Joseph Dodgen- PF's Dodgen had a great state tournament last year and his looking to get his second medal.

Caleb Langford-WV Langford has hunting for a state title for a while, and I think this could be his year.

Josh Deckleman- Kid is tough as nail, but I have no idea how big he has gotten this summer. He will medal at any weight he goes.

Jacob Freeman- Rumor is he has put on some weight and is registered for 145 at super 32.

Gage Richmond- Gage had a great off season and will be the favorite to win this weight.

Gabe Hamilton- Returning champ gets the nod

Keagan Matlock- Pinnng Machine

Turbo Smith- Tough kid and is looking to get back in the finals

Aaron Lopez- After a season off Aaron has packed on the weight and looking for his second title.

Blake Henry-Blake will be the man to beat

Blake Soloman-Kid is tough and with an open weigh he could make the finals.

Ethan West- Cleveland's new kid can flat out wrestle. I think he will have this weight locked down.

Jordan Davis- Very athletic and could sneak in there

Jordan Greene

Trevor Shropshire

Billy Raulston

Oleg Stukanov

This is a very week weight with Davis gone.

TJ Satterfield- TJ is fun to watch and is a bruiser. He will be back in the finals.

Scott Boykin- Heard he has packed on some weight for football.

HWT

Bruno Reagan- Big man has got talent, and he can throw anyone

Taylor Podany- Beech's big boy will be a handful this year.

OW-DeBien

Best Match- 120

Dark Horse's

Dedrick Mayes

Élan McCasland

My guess is Addison Connell looking at 106 for McCallie with Westbrooks shifting up.

106 should be a very interesting weight in DII with what I imagine will be at least 4 solid and experienced wrestlers at that weight.

who are the bros going to have at 106? How big is Oliver now?

who are the bros going to have at 106? How big is Oliver now?

My guess at 106 going into the season would include:

Baylor - MIchael Murphy (maybe he shifts up and makes space for Ethan Dendy)

CBHS - Tanner Tidswell

Father Ryan - Trey Chalifoux (assuming he can make the weight)

McCallie - Addison Cornell (maybe Westbrooks if he doesn't go up)

If my memory serves me correctly, MBA's 106 may have been small enough to come back at this weight. The same thing for Becci out of BA but not sure where his weight was... think he was a little bigger. I imagine the above are likely the major players at 106.

*My apologies on missing Addison's last name earlier... just a brain malfunction on my end.

Some DII match ups I'm really looking forward to:

Murphy v Addison "No one gets more fired up than me" Cornell

Alex Elsea v Tate "Transfer" Robinson

James "I wanna tilt like my brother" Westbrook v Mike Eckhart

Mark Marchetti v Houston "I bleed blu" Clements

Adam "My Dad's a genie" Connell v. Grey kid from Christain Bros.

Oliver v. Cole Holloway

Definitely some possible great matchups this year! Hope they happen,,,speaking hypothetically though is always fun!