Bruce Lussier on the Hot Seat?

mustachiomenace

I have no idea if Coach Lussier is on the hot seat but as a Father Ryan football parent I want to make a couple of points.

Coach Lussier always seems to field a pretty good defense.

We have gone from the spread to the triple option overnight. It is taking the boys awhile to adapt and we need to be patient while that happens.

Just looking from the outside in, saying that Bruce Lussier has a good defenses is a little bit stretch don’t you think? Baylor this year scored 24 points on them and Mccallie put up 31. And Last year over five teams scored 24 points or more on his “good†defenses and as for his offense he didn’t have a real offense before the triple option and he doesn’t have one now with it. They scored only 6 points against Baylor this year and 10 against a really mediocre Hillwood team.

Edited by mustachiomenace

Look, it is plain and simple. Coach Lussier is a great person. He is dedicated to trying his best. I personally do not see him as a good fit at Ryan.

Defensively: His coverages are not always sound. He gets beat deep more than most teams. When he switches his defensive coverages. The checkdown pass is always open.

Offensively: He has had 3 different coordinators in his 7 years at Ryan (Himself, being the 1st one. The one that left last year, and now this cat) He always pointed the finger at someone else but never at his own selfish sceme's. That came from his own parent's calling him out.

I keep hearing from people inside Ryan. That he does not have the talent. Well You need to recruit the talent. Ryan's best talent is in the building. But, do not want to play football for one reason or another.

I wish the Irish well. I just do not see them getting past the bottom with him at the controls.

Until Ryan offers some incentives they aren't going to get the better players that go JPII, BA, Ensworth. No amount of recruiting is going to work if you don't have something to offer. I am not putting the school down, just the "not offering of scholarships".

Lussier did it at public school and could do it at Ryan. And the mind set of kids just isn't the same as 20 years ago. Football is not the only thing in high school anymore.

Edited by bounder

It seems to me that the core of the problem is that Lussier does not develop good relationships with his players. They do not respect the man and he is often the butt of many jokes around campus(even with some faculty). Also the reason the parents show such frustration with him is that he hardly communicates with the parents at all. Yes I will say that Coach Lussier puts in a lot of time to what he does, but he has little to show for it in the 7 or 8 years he has been there.

Patrick Swayze needs to come in and clean house like he does in the movie and tell Bruce that its nothing personal, but "take the train".

Look a little familar??

"I think its time that Bruce do the right thing and resign. The once proud Oak Ridge program has fallen to new depths after losing Friday night to a 3A school. Anderson County wasn't that much better but they were much more prepared. AC knew what Oak Ridge was going to do on almost every play. They took away the passing game but Gray and company never saw that. Over 100 yards of penalties and at least three turnovers because of a lack of focus point to one thing. They were not ready to play. That is Lussier's job and he failed. Oak Ridge has now lost three straight games and I think its time that a change is made. I know that the school staff won't make a change after one game but I think if Lussier cares about his legacy ( the only thing he does care about) then he should step down. The fans will not support him after last night and without the money football brings into the school the other sports are going to suffer. I call upon all parents and fans of the other sports to let Mr. Green know that you are concerned and that he should make a change if Lussier isn't man enough to. "

from a 2002 Coach T post the topic was Oak Ridge's Bruce Lussier should resign

http://www.coacht.co...-should-resign/

Edited by mustachiomenace

The buck stops with the coach however Steve Spurrier would have trouble winning a d2 title at Father Ryan because the overall talent on the field is just not there. I have been to many games over the past few years.. Love the school, facilities and the people but the fact of the matter is the school simply does not have the football athletes to compete with BA, Ensworth, and MBA.

The buck stops with the coach however Steve Spurrier would have trouble winning a d2 title at Father Ryan because the overall talent on the field is just not there. I have been to many games over the past few years.. Love the school, facilities and the people but the fact of the matter is the school simply does not have the football athletes to compete with BA, Ensworth, and MBA.

I beg to differ Father Ryan had the running back two years ago that won the state in the 100m dash and other players that can stand toe to toe with anyone. But its the coaches that can't compete with BA, Ensworth, and MBA.