who is the best player in tennessee right now?

iknowmorethanyou

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True indeed, jalen hurd is a great rb with alot of yards and TD's this year. The Swafford kid for dobyns bennett doesnt have nearly as many touches but has almost the same yards per carry and almost the same amount of TD's. I have seen this kid play this year and he is the most amazing Rb I've seen in a long time. He treated Sevier Co. like little kids and they're a really great team. But everyone has there own opinion.

What is the best team that Jalen Hurd has played against??? Some teams only have a one man team,the best player on the and the one who gets the ball most of the time. players in this state get over looked often like that Swafford kid who has been showing out when up against good (D1) College Committs since he was a sophmore....... Open your eyes TENNESSEE.......Open your eyes!!!!

Again 411, I disagree with a vengence to level of competition to which these individuals have competed against to date. I'm not going to get into central Tennessee recruits from 5A and 6A schools who are playing major D1 ball to whom Mr. Hurd has competed against, I will leave that to someone who is more familiar with that area. But from the City of Memphis, from which Mr. Dodson has competed against there have been these players who have either recently verbally committed or they have recently signed and are now currently paying for some college.

Cordale Boyd, 12, DT, University of Arkansas, Brandon Lewis, 12, DE, University of Arkansas, Jaylen Walton, 12, RB, Ole Miss (Has already scored 3 TD's as a true freshman), Sheldon Dawson, 12, ATH, University of Georgia, Brian Kimbrow, 12, RB, Vanderbilt University (playing as a true freshman), Will Redmond, 12, DB, Miss. State University, Latarius Brady, 12, OL, University of Memphis, Kellen Bruce, 12, DT, Missouri State University, Gregory Buckhanon, 12, DL, Arkansas State, Nathan Cole, 12, WR, University of Cinncinatti, Will Gross, 12, QB, University of Memphis. Those were just from last year alone.

This year in Memphis there have 17 verbals to colleges nationwide from football players who play in the Memphis area. The list is as follows: (Remember ... these are just the CURRENT .... V E R B A L S) ... Many more will commit after the season is over. But this alone more then PROVES my point.

Memphis East = 4 [Cedric Jones (WR) - Toledo, Herbert Moore (OL) - UCLA, Christian Morris (DL) - Ole Miss, Marcus Robinson (LB) - Arkansas]

Whitehaven = 3 [Mark Dodson (RB) - Ole Miss, Gerald Perry (WR) - Vandy, Darrius Sims (DB) - Vandy]

Memphis Central = 2 [Frank Herron (DE) - LSU, Latevius Rayford (WR) - Vandy]

MUS = 2 [Ford Howell (LB) - Wake Forest, Marquez Lanton (WR) - Ark. State]

Harding Academy = 2 [Zach Collins (OL) - Memphis, Mack Weaver (DE) - Vandy]

White Station - 1 [Jason Carr (DE) - Tennessee]

Ridgeway = 1 [Lenard Harden (LB) - Memphis]

Evangelical Christian = 1 [Walker Jones (LB) - Alabama]

St. Benedict = 1 [Jordan Wilkins (RB) - Auburn]

Of the schools mentioned above, Mr. Dodson's team has already played against White Station and Ridgeway. They have yet to play against Memphis East and Memphis Central.

Look 411 ... You are just wrong about the level of competiton. You just ARE!

I just listed players from one team not a whole city. While their are tough individuals on many teams the depth of quality players isnt the same. I can assure you Ensworth would destroy every team they played in div 4a and 6a. Believe what you want but it would happen. Ive watched video on mr Hurd and he is quite impressive but his competetion to date isnt even decent. I woukld just like to see him play a top notch team. he may very well dominate that game too, he is very very good from what Ive seen. I think he would be much better running out of an I or behind the qb instead of the wing. He is way to tall to play wing. If you let that big boy get his shoulders square with the line of scrimmage quicker instead of running parallel to the line he would be even better. Ensworths d would hit him low because he is so tall and cant get his pad level low enough from the wing position. I am willing to bet if he goes to a big time school like Alabama or Lsu or somewhere like that he will be a receiver and not a rb. Mark my words on that one.

I will tell you one player who I think hasn't been mentioned so far..probably not the "best" player in the state but very under the radar. He is being recruited heavily now by Louisville and Arkansas, Clemson, MTSU and TN was at the game vs L. City to watch him. He is getting interest from a lot of schools. He has no offers but that issue will clear itself up in Dec and I'm not gonna get into the why. Trent Waters at Bearden a RB and LB has been a major factor in most of Bearden wins the last two seasons. He gets lined up at FB a lot because Bearden has about 4 backs they can run and he opens big holes. He usually gets about 4-6 actual carries a game but is averaging over 10 yds a carry this season, just over 8 a carry last yr. I really feel Bearden doesn't run him 15-20 times a game because he starts at LB and plays a lot of special teams snaps too. He is 6-1 and 230 and is legit 4.6....very athletic and catches a lot out of the backfield too. Against Rhea Co 2 weeks ago he had 175 all-purpose yds, 3 Td's on 6 touches, had 7-8 tackles, 2 were sacks and an INT. He is listed only as 2 stars by rivals but he is getting a lot of attention.

Again 411, I disagree with a vengence to level of competition to which these individuals have competed against to date. I'm not going to get into central Tennessee recruits from 5A and 6A schools who are playing major D1 ball to whom Mr. Hurd has competed against, I will leave that to someone who is more familiar with that area. But from the City of Memphis, from which Mr. Dodson has competed against there have been these players who have either recently verbally committed or they have recently signed and are now currenlty paying for some college.

Cordale Boyd, 12, DT, University of Arkansas, Brandon Lewis, 12, DE, University of Arkansas, Jaylen Walton, 12, RB, Ole Miss (Has already scored 3 TD's as a true freshman), Sheldon Dawson, 12, ATH, University of Georgia, Brian Kimbrow, 12, RB, Vanderbilt University (playing as a true freshman), Will Redmond, 12, DB, Miss. State University, Latarius Brady, 12, OL, University of Memphis, Kellen Bruce, 12, DT, Missouri State University, Gregory Buckhanon, 12, DL, Arkansas State, Nathan Cole, 12, WR, University of Cinncinatti, Will Gross, 12, QB, University of Memphis. Those were just from last year alone.

This year in Memphis there have 17 verbals to colleges nationwide from football players who play in the Memphis area. The list is as follows: (Remember ... these are just the CURRENT .... V E R B A L S) ... Many more will commit after the season is over. But this alone more then PROVES my point.

Memphis East = 4 [Cedric Jones (WR) - Toledo, Herbert Moore (OL) - UCLA, Christian Morris (DL) - Ole Miss, Marcus Robinson (LB) - Arkansas]

Whitehaven = 3 [Mark Dodson (RB) - Ole Miss, Gerald Perry (WR) - Vandy, Darrius Sims (DB) - Vandy]

Memphis Central = 2 [Frank Herron (DE) - LSU, Latevius Rayford (WR) - Vandy]

MUS = 2 [Ford Howell (LB) - Wake Forest, Marquez Lanton (WR) - Ark. State]

Harding Academy = 2 [Zach Collins (OL) - Memphis, Mack Weaver (DE) - Vandy]

White Station - 1 [Jason Carr (DE) - Tennessee]

Ridgeway = 1 [Lenard Harden (LB) - Memphis]

Evangelical Christian = 1 [Walker Jones (LB) - Alabama]

St. Benedict = 1 [Jordan Wilkins (RB) - Auburn]

Of the schools mentioned above, Mr. Dodson's team has already played against White Station and Ridgeway. They have yet to play against Memphis East and Memphis Central.

Look 411 ... You are just wrong about the level of competiton. You just ARE!

Hopefully this will put it in perspective for you. I will list the schools you named above as being "tough " competetion.

Last year Mus played a lot of those schools. below was the score.

Mus 38 Memphis Central 0

Mus 41- Memphis east 0

Mus 20 White Station 0

Mus 35 St benedict 0

do we see a pattern yet? While they may have good individuals, they quanity of talented players isnt even in gthe same ball park. Now lets realize Mus wasnt even in the top 2 in the D2 state. Their score against Ensworth:

Mus 0 Ensworth 28