who is the best player in tennessee right now?

iknowmorethanyou

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you mean he sat out 1 game?

Hahaha! Jalen hater. Get over yourself, dude, and give the kid props. You're always digging and looking for something negative to write about this kid. Yes, I don't consider 1 carry for 6 yards a game that Hurd played. Oh, and to remind you, he had 400 yards last night. He's also hanging with Urban Meyer at OSU right now. Probably discussing how many carries he's going to get a game. Or, according to you, he's not good enough to be a RB at the next level.

I am not a Jalen hater. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG! He played against Gallatin and got 6 yards, and you say he missed that game. Again: HE PLAYED AGAINST GALLATIN AND GOT 6 YARDS, HE PLAYED, DIDN'T MISSED THAT GAME, HE PLAYED. Also, I saw he last night, and yes he did 400 yards. I don't know if he is the best (i haven't seen Dodson from Whitehaven) ,but he is one of the best in the state after last night. Did he get the most total yards by a player last night? NO, Adam Craig got more yards last night than Hurd.

Also, if Adam was a 6"3/6"4 he will be recieving offers by SEC schools to, In a matter of fact, he was looked by SEC schools, but they didn't want him because he is 6"0.

Yes, I know he is in Columbus right now, telling him what he wants to do and other things, and if he is at Urban Meyer house (which is a recurting violation) I am glad he worked hard. Also since he is 6"3. Those defensive lineman/ linebackers can see Jalen Hurd in the backfield, and they also would be just as strong as Jalen, they can get there in no time and tackle him. If he (Jalen) was 5"10/5"11, it would be a whole different situation.

I am not a Jalen hater. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG! He played against Gallatin and got 6 yards, and you say he missed that game. Again: HE PLAYED AGAINST GALLATIN AND GOT 6 YARDS, HE PLAYED, DIDN'T MISSED THAT GAME, HE PLAYED. Also, I saw he last night, and yes he did 400 yards. I don't know if he is the best (i haven't seen Dodson from Whitehaven) ,but he is one of the best in the state after last night. Did he get the most total yards by a player last night? NO, Adam Craig got more yards last night than Hurd.

Also, if Adam was a 6"3/6"4 he will be recieving offers by SEC schools to, In a matter of fact, he was looked by SEC schools, but they didn't want him because he is 6"0.

Yes, I know he is in Columbus right now, telling him what he wants to do and other things, and if he is at Urban Meyer house (which is a recurting violation) I am glad he worked hard. Also since he is 6"3. Those defensive lineman/ linebackers can see Jalen Hurd in the backfield, and they also would be just as strong as Jalen, they can get there in no time and tackle him. If he (Jalen) was 5"10/5"11, it would be a whole different situation.

This is to Vol74.

Jeez dude,take a deep breath and relax!Eric Dickerson was a tall back...didn't hurt him too much!I get it,he's on the books as playing in that game,one carry...the defense really took him out of the game ;).Craig is 6'0",you can't streatch him,and maybe the scouts are wrong...Flutie is 5'10" and he did OK.

Not claiming that he is the best player in the state, but he should be in the discussion!

Adam Craig's Final 2012 Stats

Passing - 187 of 297 for 2,705 yards and 36 TD's with 5 Int's

Rushing - 159 Carries for 1,395 Yards and 15 TD's

Total Offense - 4,100 Yards and 51 TD's

That's 293 yards a game and 3.6 TD's a game!

• 1 month later...

Mark Dodson - Whitehaven 14 games 2,977 yards 213 per game

Jalen Hurd - Beech 12 games 2,961 yards 247 per game

Jacob Warbritton - Huntington 14 games 2,937 yards 210 per game

All have a chance to break the state record by Dy'Shawn Mobley last year with 3,068 yards.

Warbritton would not do perform at the same rate vs. 5A/6A

Dodson is a beast of a player and has been very consistant all year with bigger games when needed. He sat out late in some games in which he would have already broken the state record.

I believe Hurd comes out on top. He sat out the second half of four games, played WR after shoulder injury vs. Wilson Central and missed Lebanon entirely and only played WR against Gallatin after nursing shoulder injury. Factor that in and he could be looking to break 4,000 yards.

I take Hurd over all other running backs and players at any position.

From what I have seen, Hurd is as fast as Dodson, bigger and stronger.

I would like to have seen what kind of # Hurd and Dotson would of put up if they had played every play on off, def, and st. Not saying Warbritton is the best player in state but he did all three and ran to the sideline to get the play between every play on offense. Edited by rb42

Agreed. Dodson is a 3* who is committed to Ole Miss. I am sure that he is good, but he's not Jalen Hurd.

Hurd is a 5* (247 Sports) who is ranked #1 in TN and the country. He is leading the nation with 1,529 yards after 5 games - not the state - the nation. His offers are staggering - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan ..... and on and on.

Elder is about 600 yards behind him.

Easy now Dustin with your JH-

Corn is as good , but think Dodson will have good days ahead