who is the best player in tennessee right now?

iknowmorethanyou

Thanks Tandem for your perspective. That further cements my conviction in this matter.

OK ... NEXT!

lol, around and around we go. They also play Mba, Baylor, Mus, Brentwood which Beech doesnt play any of those caliber teams. Your not going to win this argument no matter how hard you try because its not possible. You listed all these players in Memphis and I showed you how Mus destroyed those teams. Then Ensworth destroyed Mus. That went right over your head. The bottom line is this. Yes,, Hurd is amazing but I would love to see him play against tougher teams to see where he ranks amongst the best. Just like Kimbro's stats versus his public school opponents and then the 50 yards he had against a d2 team. Big difference

Edited by 411

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is, Ensworth plays against some great teams, but they also play their fair share of cream puffs. You make it sound as if Ensworth plays nothing but teams that are loaded with future SEC stars every week. Simply not true.

tandem: His argument is two fold, and both arguments are flawed. His first line of defense of his 'D2 competition is superior to Public school district play' was supported by the list of players who were afforded scholarships to play in college over the past few years from different D2 schools. (I don't think Elder played against all of the players that he mentioned). THEN, when that same argument was used to confirm the legitimacy of the numbers generated by both Mr. Hurd and Mr. Dodson, He then went to his second line of defense by saying that basically D2 teams are just far better as a 'league' then any 'league' either of the other two would even face implying that it is just sheer stupidity to think otherwise. He then used the old 'our team beat this team and that team' comparative analysis argument as if what was compared was the 'be all and end all' statement that would significantly prove his point. That analysis was shown to not prove anything by using the same 'comparative analysis' to reinforce the arguement for Mr. Dodson.

It just boils down to this. He just thinks that Ensworth and the D2 league is a much better league then the 5A and 6A leagues. Therefore in his eyes Mr. Elder has done it against better competition. He can't quantify it but he truely believes it.

His opinion. I just don't agree, and it seems I'm not the only one.

lol, around and around we go. They also play Mba, Baylor, Mus, Brentwood which Beech doesnt play any of those caliber teams. Your not going to win this argument no matter how hard you try because its not possible. You listed all these players in Memphis and I showed you how Mus destroyed those teams. Then Ensworth destroyed Mus. That went right over your head. The bottom line is this. Yes,, Hurd is amazing but I would love to see him play against tougher teams to see where he ranks amongst the best. Just like Kimbro's stats versus his public school opponents and then the 50 yards he had against a d2 team. Big difference

And I showed you were Whitehaven did very well against those teams as well. I also showed you where Mr. Kimbro was held to minimal yardage against city schools in his own district. That went over your head completely.

Beech has already played Henry Co., and Mt Juliet but they also will play Hendersonville, Wilson Central and Gallatin. Whitehaven has already played East St, Louis, Ridgeway, and White Station but they will also have yet play Mitchell and East. You are right, we can go round and round. You haven't convinvced me and I haven't convinced you. In your eyes I can't win this argument. In my eyes you can't win this argument.

Hurd is coming out of the I this year with every opposing defense stacking the box and blitzing every play. He is ranked 5* for a reason guys, and even under heavier defenses (Henry Co. & Mt. Juliet), he ran for 460 and 299, respectively. Besides Elder, there is no one in the state that is even in the same league at that position. As for all around athlete, that would go to Jalen Ramsey. These are the big boys in the state.

What position will Hurd play in college? Absolutely anything that he wants. He's being recruited as a RB, and if Mr. Saban says that he can run the ball, then he can run the ball. Also, Hurd & Ramsey are the only 2 players in the entire state to pick up an offer from the national champions.

And no disrespect to the Dejuan Swafford kid, but he's not even ranked, runs a 4.7- 4.8 and has only one offer from a school (Liberty) that I have never even heard of. I am sure that he's a great player, but has no place on this topic.

The topic is "who's the best player in Tennessee", not who will go to the biggest college. Swafford may or may not be the "best player in Tennessee" but he does belong in this conversation. He's faster than 4.7 also. On the college subject though, he doesn't have the size to play in the SEC, but should go D1 somewhere.

I am a private school guy ..my kids attend one of the privates in Nashville ..I remember Jalen Hurd when he played at MBA and everyone knew he was a stud even in 9th grade. MBA has a good back now but in my humble opinion if he were still at MBA running behind that huge line he would be right where he is now. He averaged over 8 yards a carry as a freshman and played in every game on the varsity team that year if I remember. He changes a team and changes how a coach prepares for a team with him running the ball . MBA is good this year but he would take them to another level altogether. Elder is a completely different runner .. Fun to watch as he has what looks like a sick crossover on the football field and can kick it into gear as quick as anyone I have ever seen .. Hurd would be just as successful in d2.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Swafford is truly an outstanding player...faster than you think. Swafford and Foreman are a pair to watch.

Swafford is not the fastest back in the state but even if you catch him he makes amazing cuts and sees the whole field. Very hard to get a hit on him. Swafford is a better receiver than he is a running back. Very good hands and can go up and get it if need be. His stats are what is keeping him off everybodys radar. He only gets about half the touches he should be getting. I think Forman and Swafford will both go D1 somewhere. Both as receivers.

The topic is "who's the best player in Tennessee", not who will go to the biggest college. Swafford may or may not be the "best player in Tennessee" but he does belong in this conversation. He's faster than 4.7 also. On the college subject though, he doesn't have the size to play in the SEC, but should go D1 somewhere.

I am well aware of what the topic is, but if you've taken a moment to read the thread, you will see that many people consider ratings, SOS, etc. as indicators of who should be considered the best. Some people may even consider college offers (and lack there of) as an indicator as well.

So from my understanding it is between Hurd vs. Elder? Yes, There are others but to be considered best player i believe you must have scholarships from bug time schools or your just a good high school player.

and from what i have seen i will take hurd any day of the week but i also feel like i could do well with elder haha.