Anderson Co. @ Oak Ridge

Space3

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game! Been out of town and just getting back. Hey SS and Bounder, I think this shows what I said on the Maryville/OR thread about my opinion of OR. There the best in our district by far, a district that is down this year. They will probably go 9-1, but they will probably lose their first playoff game. If you cant stop the run your gonna have trouble in the playoffs. Now with that said, OR usually improves throughout the season and could fix some of their issuues and make a run, but I doubt it. Again, JMO.

What a game! Been out of town and just getting back. Hey SS and Bounder, I think this shows what I said on the Maryville/OR thread about my opinion of OR. There the best in our district by far, a district that is down this year. They will probably go 9-1, but they will probably lose their first playoff game. If you cant stop the run your gonna have trouble in the playoffs. Now with that said, OR usually improves throughout the season and could fix some of their issuues and make a run, but I doubt it. Again, JMO.

Football is a weird game, CC...We totally stopped Powell's rushing attack, besides Owenby getting out of the pocket and scrambling for some yards and Farragut's for the most part, but have struggled with Maryville and now AC's rushing games. Who knows? OR still has a lot of time to improve before the playoffs, and they definitely have the horses up front and linebackers to see improvement. Just gotta get everybody back and healthy. HS football is a weird game.

Football is a weird game, CC...We totally stopped Powell's rushing attack, besides Owenby getting out of the pocket and scrambling for some yards and Farragut's for the most part, but have struggled with Maryville and now AC's rushing games. Who knows? OR still has a lot of time to improve before the playoffs, and they definitely have the horses up front and linebackers to see improvement. Just gotta get everybody back and healthy. HS football is a weird game.

Good post SS. All valid points, I hope OR goes deep in playoffs to represent our district. Your right it is a weird game tho. Good luck man. I think im getting ready for Bball season since AC and CC are awful this year. Of course ill have to argue with you in that sport too, since OR will, I repeat, WILL make a run in Bball. Their Loaded again. Heck Im getting excited right now, I may go start a district 3AAA thread. LOL

Good post SS. All valid points, I hope OR goes deep in playoffs to represent our district. Your right it is a weird game tho. Good luck man. I think im getting ready for Bball season since AC and CC are awful this year. Of course ill have to argue with you in that sport too, since OR will, I repeat, WILL make a run in Bball. Their Loaded again. Heck Im getting excited right now, I may go start a district 3AAA thread. LOL

Thanks, CC. I hope you are right man. I disagree with AC being horrible, though. AC is a lot better than their record states. That is a good football team with talent..I don't know if it is them being that good, or maybe we just weren't ready for the and took them lightly or we had a Maryville hangover? Either way, they are far from a terrible football team. A good one imo. And that is hilarious about the basketball thread lol...I look for OR to be pretty dang good this year, but we are gonna miss Spencer Shoffner, he was the unsung sr leader on that team, but we got some good ones coming up.

Edited by SweetScience

Thanks, CC. I hope you are right man. I disagree with AC being horrible, though. AC is a lot better than their record states. That is a good football team with talent..I don't know if it is them being that good, or maybe we just weren't ready for the and took them lightly or we had a Maryville hangover? Either way, they are far from a terrible football team. A good one imo. And that is hilarious about the basketball thread lol...I look for OR to be pretty dang good this year, but we are gonna miss Spencer Shoffner, he was the unsung sr leader on that team, but we got some good ones coming up.

Your right AC isnt awful, but their record is. I work with one of the AC bball players dad, and he says not to expect alot out of this years team either. They have talent in football but for what ever reason we cant put together four quarters. They also have alot of seniors at the skilled positions. The question for u and Bounder and some of the OR and Maryville fans is: Ay what point do u call in the season and start seeing who u are going to have next year? I mean the meat of the schedule is behind them and can win the rest. I dont know, do u start the regulars and then sub alot or start making changes? Tough call. Also CC isnt horrilble either, just bad record in a year they couldve wone 6 games. They score alot of points but give up alot too.

I think AC played a four quarter game. This was one of the best HS games I seen in a while. Both teams never gave up. Nice hard faught clean game. The players showed respect for eachother. AC lost and it stinks but im still proud of them. They should win the rest of the games and hopefully sneek in the playoffs. My hats off to Oak Ridge they fell down early and kept there composure and faught back that's what good teams do!!! Goodluck Oak Ridge the rest of the way!!! Hopefully if we drop to 4A next year and you all drop to 5A we keep you all on the schedule other than Powell...

Also CC isnt horrilble either, just bad record in a year they couldve wone 6 games. They score alot of points but give up alot too.

Crazy I got to disagree with that statement. CC wont score more than 21points combine against Oak Ridge, Powell, Central ... Shoot Halls might beat CC...lol AC beat CC 36 to 0 and AC didnt play that well AC should have scored 50+. CC only scored 8 on Clinton ... I see Oak Ridge, Powell, and Central beating CC worse than AC beat CC...lol Prove me wrong CC...... But if CC beats Halls they will end up 3-7 same as last year record.....

Also CC isnt horrilble either, just bad record in a year they couldve wone 6 games. They score alot of points but give up alot too.

Let us all know what 6 games Campbell County played so far they could have been 6-0??? LOL loosing 36 to 0 to AC and loosing 8 to 24 I think to Clinton... I should say AC should be undefeated and win the district...lol

Let us all know what 6 games Campbell County played so far they could have been 6-0??? LOL loosing 36 to 0 to AC and loosing 8 to 24 I think to Clinton... I should say AC should be undefeated and win the district...lol

Wow Space u sure do throw around alot of sarcasim. This coming from a guy the predicted a 9-1 or 8-2 season for our mighty Mavs. U dont hold alot of credibility on ur predictions to date, i think I said 4-6 and 5-5 at best for AC and we see who is closer. I had to look at CC schedule. I didnt say theyd be 6-0, I said they thought they could win 6 games, 6-4. I think Seymour( whos better than anyone thought), Cumberland County, HVA, Central, Karns, Clinton, And Yes AC were all winnable games for them. There playing a ton of underclassmen that will only get better, as AC is not and the future, near future looks better for them than us. I think they had Over 500 yards against both Karns and HVA, was inside the 10 ,3 times with no points vs HVA, And I watched the Clinton game on local re-run. If clinton plays that way the rest of the year they again will give AC what for. ALL CC skilled players are back next year so if they can cut down on the turnovers (and they Should), they'll be ok. Plus they have about 6 lake city kids and 2 norris kids coming up with a good Jacksboro and a Huge LaFollette middle team. WE will see whos more correct on predictions when its all said and done.

LOL boy I think the true CC fan is comming out....LOL You dont know AC football. We will be just fine next year...The 6 Lakecity kids live in CC ..... CC is getting the Roberts kid. But the Middle School kids will be split between Eagles and Owls. Tanner and Berry will be a Owl and the others Eagles... If the 2 are Norris kids they cant play for us so they are leaving... Dont blame them they would rather play then win... What do you think about CC next 4 games....LOL Oak Ridge , Powell, Central, Halls? I predict 1-3 with a big question mark? Maybe 0-4...lol Halls I hope CC can beat...lol Boy you was wrong about the winnable games... So your predicting CC to be alot better next year... If we do move down to 4A I hope we keep The Mighty Cougars on the schedule.... Oh about the predictions I was wrong about AC... So what...lol you were correct about AC dead wrong about CC.... You win the Coach T award for predicting the correct AC record.... CONGRATS!!!!!

Edited by Space3

I think Seymour( whos better than anyone thought), Cumberland County, HVA, Central, Karns, Clinton, And Yes AC were all winnable games for CC.

Boy i would quit posting Crazy... Coumberland County, and Karns was good wins......wait Halls just beat Karns....LOL Same ole CC they were suppose to be alot better this year they know the offense now...lol Feel for you guys when you play Oakridge and Powell... They better work on D cause they are loosing some linbackers and there line. You got to protect the skill players...lol