Union City plays host to Trenton

BigSwo

I have been waiting quietly for this one. I though early in the season Union City was the team to beat in 14A. Now?

My money is on Peabody after our D was on the field all night last week and never quit playing hard. They showed a ton of heart in that 4th quarter. Last year they would have laid down and lost by 50. That has to be credited to the new staff.

I also don't THINK UC can shut our run game down like Dyersburg did. Everyone seems to think we can throw the ball all night. I hope we don't need to!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well UC has the appearance of being down for the moment and look what happens.....Bigster shows up. Imagine that. Guys we are still a very good football team and with a couple of adjustments here and there........look out. We are having a few issues but Im telling ya .......we aint done by a long shot. Bigster I know I wrote alot in that post but I did that on a UC thread not some other thread. I got started and couldnt quit. EIther way .......ITS GAME DAY BABY. LETS BUST SOME HEAD TORNADOES.

Well UC has the appearance of being down for the moment and look what happens.....Bigster shows up. Imagine that. Guys we are still a very good football team and with a couple of adjustments here and there........look out. We are having a few issues but Im telling ya .......we aint done by a long shot. Bigster I know I wrote alot in that post but I did that on a UC thread not some other thread. I got started and couldnt quit. EIther way .......ITS GAME DAY BABY. LETS BUST SOME HEAD TORNADOES.

I didnt show up because UC may be down.Looking for a great game.UC still has some weapons and had time to get some thing done.If this would have happened during a practice and UC had to play the next day or like last week,no time to make adjustments the way UC may have wanted.But I expect to maybe see more running out of Lewis.I plan on being there.See ya tonight.

I didnt show up because UC may be down.Looking for a great game.UC still has some weapons and had time to get some thing done.If this would have happened during a practice and UC had to play the next day or like last week,no time to make adjustments the way UC may have wanted.But I expect to maybe see more running out of Lewis.I plan on being there.See ya tonight.

Hey Great Bigster It will be good seeing you again. Im planning on meeting goldentide and bearcat if he can make it. We will meet inside the main gate at the flagpole if you want to meet up with us. I expect to see some creative mixes in the veer this week and I expect to see an improvement on defense. as well.

Edited by BigSwo

Well its late in the week and Im sure everyone has thier own opinoin of whether or not Keylon Hyde will play tonight. I dont know how offical this is but It seems that everyone is saying the same things. As of late yesterday Hyde was cleared by his doctor to play tonight. I personally would like to see him held out or atleast played sparingly. So I must say Im surprised by this and am praying for not only his safety but all the young men on the field tonight. This does not relenquish the rest of the team to have any type of a let down. You must change the way you approach the game. All the emotions you have and the pregame fire must translate to your play on the field. I can assure that Peabody will be ready to rip you a new one. YOU MUST NOT ALLOW THEM TO HAVE HOPE. Remember its the man in front of you trying to alter your season. You must impose your will. Beat the man in front of you. Give him the embarassing memory. You must transcend. You must not fail. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

Well its late in the week and Im sure everyone has thier own opinoin of whether or not Keylon Hyde will play tonight. I dont know how offical this is but It seems that everyone is saying the same things. As of late yesterday Hyde was cleared by his doctor to play tonight. I personally would like to see him held out or atleast played sparingly. So I must say Im surprised by this and am praying for not only his safety but all the young men on the field tonight. This does not relenquish the rest of the team to have any type of a let down. You must change the way you approach the game. All the emotions you have and the pregame fire must translate to your play on the field. I can assure that Peabody will be ready to rip you a new one. YOU MUST NOT ALLOW THEM TO HAVE HOPE. Remember its the man in front of you trying to alter your season. You must impose your will. Beat the man in front of you. Give him the embarassing memory. You must transcend. You must not fail. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

My opinion has been well documented. I never thought anything other than he will play. Your information is just confirmation of that. I doubt I will make it to the game as I won't be coming into West Tn until around 8:00. I really hate to miss this one. ROLL TIDE!

My opinion has been well documented. I never thought anything other than he will play. Your information is just confirmation of that. I doubt I will make it to the game as I won't be coming into West Tn until around 8:00. I really hate to miss this one. ROLL TIDE!

Well its better to prepare for our best and if you get anything less you are ready for that too. I truely thought he would be out. But hey it aint game time yet.

Dang! I can't make the game tonight. It's my weekend to get to have my son. I was going to bring him with me, but he was too sick to even go to school today. I thought his mom might bring him tomorrow but I got the your son is more important than any football game speech. I agree with her - for once - but I sure hate to miss it. Please tell me it will be on the radio somewhere. If anybody knows where I can listen to it, please let me know.