Union City plays host to Trenton

BigSwo

Here we go guys. Both teams coming off a loss and probably are disgusted with a few things. But this is a district game and it means a little more than last weeks game. We have to find a way to compete and win this game. Peabody has speed and finese and at this point its a little unclear what UC will bring to the table but you can bet it will be smash mouth. How does it stack up?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go guys. Both teams coming off a loss and probably are disgusted with a few things. But this is a district game and it means a little more than last weeks game. We have to find a way to compete and win this game. Peabody has speed and finese and at this point its a little unclear what UC will bring to the table but you can bet it will be smash mouth. How does it stack up?

Big Swo, I really am sorry about Hyde's injury. We are both coming off a physical game. I hope everyone gets well. And I have no earthly idea how this one will go. How's that for being noncommital? I need to think about this one.

Big Swo, I really am sorry about Hyde's injury. We are both coming off a physical game. I hope everyone gets well. And I have no earthly idea how this one will go. How's that for being noncommital? I need to think about this one.

Noncommital is the right word for this one. Not sure what we will do as far as a substitute for Hyde until he is able to play again. I know whatever it is it wont be as good ofcourse. Its gut check time for our entire program. Defense especially. Our guys get down easily unless everything is going well. They always seem to find a resolve but its usually too little too late.

We all hope Hyde will be back soon but more than likely he is for sure out for the Trenton game and 50/50 for the Lake Co game. If Trenton can throw the ball at all, we are done. We HAVE to mix things up. Will run Cane at Fullback now...he stepped in and did well on Dresden. Our special teams are going to have to come through. Coach Bowlin HAS to bring in something different to the table...trick play here and there. Use our speed. Our defense will do ok on some run situations but we have been shown so far that two teams with a one man show has beaten Union City. Your defense is only as good as your offense. A team with many weapons will not get anyt better. We also have to cut down on the yellow flags and after 6 games...reminds me of last year game after game. A Senior or someone has to step up and be true leaders. That is what is missing from this team verses the 2009 team and alot more. If we loose to Trenton, will be lucky to go 2 - 2 for the last 4 games. Hyde is a one man deal...he plays GREAT defense, he kicks off and he runs a great football. He is needed but for him to be healthy in life is much more important. Our mental aspect of the game has to get tougher, alot tougher this week.

Edited by UCGRAD

I'm rootin for UC in this game, but unsure of the outcome. We (Dresden) played Peabody in pre-season scrimmage and they ate our lunch. However, that was 7 on 7, so it sure doesn't show the whole picture. Good luck to UC.

Peabody also beat Dresden in the jamboree...just saying. But I know not to put too much stock in scrimmages and jamborees.