Union City plays host to Trenton

BigSwo

I have this gut feeling, Union City will be Hyde(less) more than likely from what I have read in the paper. But, I also feel our kids will step up. I feel Bowlin has changed things and will mix things up. I also feel you will see Lewis get more into the game. Special teams might keep us in the game. I persoanlly think someone WILL step up. There is to much at stake, to many good kids on the team that can be coached. If we can keep our heads above water til Hyde gets back , this will help in the long run. Might as well face it, our ace is hurt and now it is time to strap the chinstraps on tight and kick some butt. Good Luck tornadoes, your going to fight hard. Hyde would be with you on the field if he could but will be a coach tomorrow night I would say.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I start sounding completely pesimistic ( too late) I want to reaffirm my belief in this team. We have more talent and exoerience than we have had in a while. I would dare say even more talent and experience than in 09. Why do I keep refering to that team? Well its because those guys were special. They found that will to win. That heart that rises up in the midst of adversity and would not let anyone just cram the football down thier throats. This team has everything they need to become that same type of team. They have speed, Athletisism, strength and are over all the best group of kids on the field at any time. They have all the elements to become a state contender and at this point they are a state contender. But... guys you need to forget yourselves.........Forget yourselves and dig down inside and find that warriors heart. What a story you can write. What a Champion you can become. Its time to face the music. Its not gonna end well if you dont. Sell out on every play . Dont let just one man , The man in front of you determine your future. Thars what it boils down to. That one man.....One man blocking you and keeping you out of the play. Blow that dude up and the destroy the ball carrier. Make them remember you forever. As a former player I remember the guys that I let beat me on a single play. I remember how I just didnt try to rip that dude in half. What i wouldnt give for another chance to bust that dudes head and make the tackle and save a critical 1st down and cause a punt. The sad thing is that I will never get that chance. I graduated and never played another down of football. I cant tell you how much I miss it. Im 47 and it still rises up in me to want to play. Ive lost the ability but I still have the heart. Dont be like me. Dont leave things like that out there on some 100 yard strip of grass to come back to you for years to come and say to yuorself " I could have beat that guy" No never. this is what you do. YOU MAKE THAT GUY OR GROUP OF GUYS REMEMBER YOU AND YOUR TEAM AND LET THEM SIT BACK AND WISH THEY HAD TRIED HARDER. What would you give to play Huntingdon again? Right now. What about Dresden? You already have enough to kick yourself for. Its time to pass out some regrets not collect anymore of your own. You have all the power. Its in your grasp. Take hold of it Clinge to it. And dont let One man take it away from you. Make the whole team have to block just you. If everyone of you get this same attitude you will be unstoppable. Who is gonna rise up? Is it you?

I can post alot longer than this, this is nothing! LOL

I personally think we are seeing a lack of being able to coach some good kids. Bowlin has to buckle his chinstrap and get the attention of his players. I feel we make NO adjustments much at all, especially on defense. I'm not giving up at all. But by the same deal, we have to have kids who will step up and be leaders and that has not happened. Keylon , he is now hurt and someone else has to do it whether it be Rutland, Shanks, Barnes, Lewis ? Union City has tons of talent but if that is not applied, and these are 16, 17 and 18 yr old kids we are talking about, we are not going far into the playoffs and will finish 1 - 3 the last four games with a win over South Fulton. You also need to look at ouir coaching staff. We have new assistant coaches each year whether that is good or bad. Yes, going into the season, we all we talking smack and the only smack that is going on right now is our team getting "smacked" by teams of equal or better than us. We have to get mean and until...until our kids decide to tackle and knock the _ _ _ _ out of someone, then it is not going to be a long playoff year. In 2009, we had team leaders, several of them and started with the Q B, then nicks, then Worley , Arnold and many others, we do not have that showing right now. As for Keylon playing, I don't think he will and I think they will take their chances without him this game and get him ready for Lake Co, much more important. It just so happens that our schedule was a good one if the teams weren't down...O C, Wayne Co for example. I think in combo, the 4 wins we have , those 4 teams have 8 wins among them. We are scoring some points but giving up to many on the other end. We have to play trenton close to come out good. They could come in and spank the Purple and Gold around also, very good chance of that. I just hope our kids show up, gut check for sure. My gut feeling is we don't have Keylon Friday, loose to Trenton, he comes back and we win out, against Lake Co, South Fulton and Humboldt.

Keep on thinking that.Remember Lake co does what is one of UC's weakness.Defending the pass.And LC can score from 70 yards out at any time with their speed.I believe the Trenton faithful will admit to that.Nobody seems to be talking about LC much.It's Huntingdon,West carrol,Union City.Lake Co had a couple scoring chances in the first half twice against trenton being around the 10 yard line.Actually it wasnt the LC run defense that lost the game.It was on a couple well placed great throws by Trenton.Wouldnt sleep on LC now that Flowers is in the fold and takes pressure ooff of Zay Coleman and Devon Jones.Just have to give the QB time to throw.May not be able to stop the run by UC but can they stop the speed of LC.I know UC has a couple speedsters as well but LC has as much speed or more speed than any Single A team.

Keep on thinking that.Remember Lake co does what is one of UC's weakness.Defending the pass.And LC can score from 70 yards out at any time with their speed.I believe the Trenton faithful will admit to that.Nobody seems to be talking about LC much.It's Huntingdon,West carrol,Union City.Lake Co had a couple scoring chances in the first half twice against trenton being around the 10 yard line.Actually it wasnt the LC run defense that lost the game.It was on a couple well placed great throws by Trenton.Wouldnt sleep on LC now that Flowers is in the fold and takes pressure ooff of Zay Coleman and Devon Jones.Just have to give the QB time to throw.May not be able to stop the run by UC but can they stop the speed of LC.I know UC has a couple speedsters as well but LC has as much speed or more speed than any Single A team.

Bigster we will talk about LC next week okay. Do you feel better now? I dont think any of the UC faithful are looking past you or sleeping on LC. My gosh man you love playing the underdog roll. We will settle this next week Until then we gonna talk about Peabody and UC.

Bigster we will talk about LC next week okay. Do you feel better now? I dont think any of the UC faithful are looking past you or sleeping on LC. My gosh man you love playing the underdog roll. We will settle this next week Until then we gonna talk about Peabody and UC.

lol, I will throw ya a bone Bigster. YES, Lake County has a VERY GOOD offense!

Before I start sounding completely pesimistic ( too late) I want to reaffirm my belief in this team. We have more talent and exoerience than we have had in a while. I would dare say even more talent and experience than in 09. Why do I keep refering to that team? Well its because those guys were special. They found that will to win. That heart that rises up in the midst of adversity and would not let anyone just cram the football down thier throats. This team has everything they need to become that same type of team. They have speed, Athletisism, strength and are over all the best group of kids on the field at any time. They have all the elements to become a state contender and at this point they are a state contender. But... guys you need to forget yourselves.........Forget yourselves and dig down inside and find that warriors heart. What a story you can write. What a Champion you can become. Its time to face the music. Its not gonna end well if you dont. Sell out on every play . Dont let just one man , The man in front of you determine your future. Thars what it boils down to. That one man.....One man blocking you and keeping you out of the play. Blow that dude up and the destroy the ball carrier. Make them remember you forever. As a former player I remember the guys that I let beat me on a single play. I remember how I just didnt try to rip that dude in half. What i wouldnt give for another chance to bust that dudes head and make the tackle and save a critical 1st down and cause a punt. The sad thing is that I will never get that chance. I graduated and never played another down of football. I cant tell you how much I miss it. Im 47 and it still rises up in me to want to play. Ive lost the ability but I still have the heart. Dont be like me. Dont leave things like that out there on some 100 yard strip of grass to come back to you for years to come and say to yuorself " I could have beat that guy" No never. this is what you do. YOU MAKE THAT GUY OR GROUP OF GUYS REMEMBER YOU AND YOUR TEAM AND LET THEM SIT BACK AND WISH THEY HAD TRIED HARDER. What would you give to play Huntingdon again? Right now. What about Dresden? You already have enough to kick yourself for. Its time to pass out some regrets not collect anymore of your own. You have all the power. Its in your grasp. Take hold of it Clinge to it. And dont let One man take it away from you. Make the whole team have to block just you. If everyone of you get this same attitude you will be unstoppable. Who is gonna rise up? Is it you?

And YOU want to talk about me?Are you writing a book?

GO TIDE....lol

Edited by mrbigster