Henry Co. @ Clarksville Northeast on Thursday Night Lights

SEC1rules

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a good one. Outside of last year's regular season contest, Northeast always seems to play us tough, and this is one of the better teams they've had in a very long time. The fact that it's at their place, on a short week none the less, makes this one very difficult to predict. Neither team has lost since early in the season, and both are undefeated in district play. This one could have huge playoff implications come week 10.

Defensively, we have to slow down Jalen Reeves-Maybin. We cannot let one player take over the game like we did against Beech. We also need a very good outing from our offense. Northeast's defense isn't talked about much, but they haven't allowed many points this season. If we establish the run early on and play sound, physical defense, I think we take this one. If it becomes a shootout, then I don't know. They have the best athlete in the district touching the ball on every offensive snap for them.

I think Henry County takes this one, but I'm expecting a good football game.

I was at the Jackson North Side/ Northeast game and I believe Northeast can beat Henry Co. The only reason why Henry County will we if they win the Special Teams. North Side was trailing for the most part of that game until they scored a TD with about 49 sec. remaining and got the 2 point conv. I will be honest, I got Northeast 27-21, inless Henry Co. wins in the Special teams.

I was at the Jackson North Side/ Northeast game and I believe Northeast can beat Henry Co. The only reason why Henry County will we if they win the Special Teams. North Side was trailing for the most part of that game until they scored a TD with about 49 sec. remaining and got the 2 point conv. I will be honest, I got Northeast 27-21, inless Henry Co. wins in the Special teams.

What makes you so sure Jackson North Side is any better than Henry County? No offense, but I'm not ready to buy into their hype just yet, and I personally believe we would beat them.

It really wouldn't even matter if we did or not, though. You can't predict an outcome of a game based on what a team did against somebody else. Northeast has some very good athletes, and that is certain, but we have quite a few ourselves. If we run the ball effectively, play good defense, and limit mistakes, I think we win. It's been our calling card for years now.

If Northeast comes out and proves they're the better team, then I will admit it and move on.

Edited by MSURacer