Mt. Juliet takes on Gallatin

Verb58

Pride, I used to consider you a reliable poster but after your last few posts on the other thread you lost that respect. Why don't you cut your losses and just admit you were wrong. You jumped on something that never was true and grasped at straws from there on out.

GWave1 I feel the same about you. Instead of complaining about how SC has done this, etc, etc etc. Deal with what you got. GHS is having a down year and the last few years they have underachieved not because of the lack of talent, but because of the lack of discipline. It's like a virus. It has spread and affected the whole team over the last few years. To answer your question more in detail. This was information I received from people I knew in the Westmoreland/Bethpage area many years ago that every once in awhile players that were zoned for WHS played for GHS from the that area. With no concrete proof and if this is incorrect I am man enough to admit it. So please except my apology. Are you man enough to quit blamming/complaining about SC or whom ever else for your misfortunes at GHS? I think GHS did a pretty good job after SC was built and cost GHS some players. It took MJ years to recover when WC cost the Bears alot of good players. Go BEARS! Lets hope for an even called game by the refs for both teams and also no injuries. Edited by MJpride

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, check the GHS vs. Brentwood post for your the answer to your question. Second, you said MJ would stop Beech and Hurd. Didn't happen. Hendersonville beat Riverdale. Anything can and will happen in high school football.

Do I think Gallatin can win? Sure, but I will be proud if they come out, play hard, disciplined ball like did last week. Down 13-6 to Brentwood at the half but ran out of gas in the 4th. Brentwood had the personal fouls last week, not Gallatin.

1st you need to go back and check the MJ/Beech posts because I never stated MJ was going to stop Jalen. I was wrong on stating Beech would never hold MJ under 27, but never stated they would stop Hurd. Anything can happen but this is a bad GHS team this year. They have beaten only Springfielsd and Lebanon. What are those teams combined win total? The Bears shouldn't just win they should win big over a team that is having a horrible year.

I feel like this game will be closer than most people think. Even in a lopsided final outcome last Friday, I saw some positives that I didn't see the Friday before. Although the Wave defense got wore down in the second half, hopefully some confidence was gained in the good first half performance. I posted that I hoped they would get a little better last week, and I honestly believe they did that, so maybe we can give the Bears a run for their money this week. The first game in this rivalry was a wild 24-21 Gallatin win in 1977, and no matter which team has been better or by how much, crazy things have happened in these games ever since. Maybe something crazy will happen this week!

GWave1 I feel the same about you. Instead of complaining about how SC has done this, etc, etc etc. Deal with what you got. GHS is having a down year and the last few years they have underachieved not because of the lack of talent, but because of the lack of discipline. It's like a virus. It has spread and affected the whole team over the last few years. To answer your question more in detail. This was information I received from people I knew in the Westmoreland/Bethpage area many years ago that every once in awhile players that were zoned for WHS played for GHS from the that area. With no concrete proof and if this is incorrect I am man enough to admit it. So please except my apology. Are you man enough to quit blamming/complaining about SC or whom ever else for your misfortunes at GHS? I think GHS did a pretty good job after SC was built and cost GHS some players. It took MJ years to recover when WC cost the Bears alot of good players. Go BEARS! Lets hope for an even called game by the refs for both teams and also no injuries.

If you look back at my posts, from even 3 years ago, I stated that their has been a lack of discipline at GHS on the football field. I have also stated this multiple times this year. I also stated that there is a lack of talent this year and probably for the next couple. Go back and look at my posts. Sometimes you just aren't as good as the guy across the field. Concerning the WHS/Bethpage players. I know of none that were zoned and went to the other school. Gallatin and Westmoreland have always supported each other with their fanbase. Actually there have been several former Gallatin players that have ended up at Westmoreland. There is one playing fullback now, Patrick French. I have no problem with that. He sat out last year and is eligible. I do have a problem with people associated with a school that actively try and recruit kids to go to Station Camp from Gallatin. Names and situations have been mentioned on the other thread. There is no need to go back over them. It is fact that it happens and has happened this year with Tre Malone. Not only GWAVE1 knows this but obviously other posters do as well. Just look at how many have commented on the subject. Now somebody asked the question, "Would Gallatin have won any state titles with those players?" Nobody knows the answer either yes or no. But extra depth on the roster is not even debatable. Note all these players are skill players. Do they have a right to choose? Of course they do. But like TheRealTruth stated many times these kids have someone in their ear telling them things that might steer them in a direction of their choosing. Gallatin High School is not a gang playground. Gallatin High School has good academics. Gallatin High School has a good administration that cares for these kids. And just maybe, just maybe the school food ain't that bad, especially since it is distributed by the same vendors. We can all make jokes. When Station Camp was a smaller school, I really didn't care. However, when they started competiting with Gallatin for a playoff spot, yeah it does erk me! Blaming SC for Gallatin's woes or whinning, call it what you want to. I know for a fact I have stated other reasons for why things are like they are, yes discipline plays a huge part. I just told you how a proud alumni sees things. Luckily it appears that Station Camp is overcrowded and steps to alleviate the situation will have to be taken. The day Rucker Stewart is completely zoned for Gallatin will be a good day for Gallatin. There is no need for 3 seperate middle schools to feed SC. Then all of this talk will be done and it should happen soon. Now if you want to continue...we can. If you want to discuss the game this week...we can do that too.

If you look back at my posts, from even 3 years ago, I stated that their has been a lack of discipline at GHS on the football field. I have also stated this multiple times this year. I also stated that there is a lack of talent this year and probably for the next couple. Go back and look at my posts. Sometimes you just aren't as good as the guy across the field. Concerning the WHS/Bethpage players. I know of none that were zoned and went to the other school. Gallatin and Westmoreland have always supported each other with their fanbase. Actually there have been several former Gallatin players that have ended up at Westmoreland. There is one playing fullback now, Patrick French. I have no problem with that. He sat out last year and is eligible. I do have a problem with people associated with a school that actively try and recruit kids to go to Station Camp from Gallatin. Names and situations have been mentioned on the other thread. There is no need to go back over them. It is fact that it happens and has happened this year with Tre Malone. Not only GWAVE1 knows this but obviously other posters do as well. Just look at how many have commented on the subject. Now somebody asked the question, "Would Gallatin have won any state titles with those players?" Nobody knows the answer either yes or no. But extra depth on the roster is not even debatable. Note all these players are skill players. Do they have a right to choose? Of course they do. But like TheRealTruth stated many times these kids have someone in their ear telling them things that might steer them in a direction of their choosing. Gallatin High School is not a gang playground. Gallatin High School has good academics. Gallatin High School has a good administration that cares for these kids. And just maybe, just maybe the school food ain't that bad, especially since it is distributed by the same vendors. We can all make jokes. When Station Camp was a smaller school, I really didn't care. However, when they started competiting with Gallatin for a playoff spot, yeah it does erk me! Blaming SC for Gallatin's woes or whinning, call it what you want to. I know for a fact I have stated other reasons for why things are like they are, yes discipline plays a huge part. I just told you how a proud alumni sees things. Luckily it appears that Station Camp is overcrowded and steps to alleviate the situation will have to be taken. The day Rucker Stewart is completely zoned for Gallatin will be a good day for Gallatin. There is no need for 3 seperate middle schools to feed SC. Then all of this talk will be done and it should happen soon. Now if you want to continue...we can. If you want to discuss the game this week...we can do that too.

GWave1, I'm good. We see eye to eye on alot of things but we're not going to agree on everything and if we did it might get a little boaring on here. It's everyone's right to get on here and state their opinions, facts, or whatever. For the most part your right on with your posts but just kinda tired of hearing about how someone lured/stole or whatever a player or players from GHS and i'm sure there are things I post that you get tired of hearing about. Does it change anything? Not on my part, I will continue to cheer for the MJ BEARS and you'll continue to cheer for your Wave. I will continue to read post from you, 13sports, anyone in or playing against any team from our district, or whomever else. I will continue to have haters out there and care less what they think or name calling they will call me. I've even ticked off MJ fans for stating opinions about the BEARS. I'm OK with that. I will continue to go to BEAR games and cheer them on, buy BEAR merchandise, and get on here and voice my opinion of opponents and of the BEARS good or bad. Now for the game. The BEARS should blow this team completely out but it's at your place and I just have this bad feeling that it's going to be closer than I want. The BEARS pull away later in the game 31-20 Edited by MJpride

Strange things happen in this rivalry. However, I will be shocked if Gallatin is within 11 points at the end of the game. Gallatin offense has been this side of terrible the last few weeks. Maybe with everybody back they play better. If the ground game gets rolling for the Bears, it will be a long night for the Wave.

Strange things happen in this rivalry. However, I will be shocked if Gallatin is within 11 points at the end of the game. Gallatin offense has been this side of terrible the last few weeks. Maybe with everybody back they play better. If the ground game gets rolling for the Bears, it will be a long night for the Wave.

I like the fact that we had an extra week off because we were banged up from the Beech game a little bit. That was an exhausting game. It also gave us extra time to prepare for the Wave. Everything indicates that this should be a blow out. But I also know everytime we go there it is a very physical game and usually doesn't turn out in our favor. I just hope we don't come out flat and are looking past you guys. I thought our defense did a pretty darn good job against Beech even if we lost. Not the biggest or most athletic Defense we've had but these guys are playing good as a team and playing with alot of effort. The Offense did not look very impressive aginst Beech. We gotta have better blocking up front. If we can get that than it should be a blow out. Something still tells me that it ends up being closer than it should.

Gallatin is getting better; but see the MJ offense getting back on track. Bears by 28.