7aaa for Sept. 28 games

nrgrizzlies

You can make your own decision on that t.v. game, but one thing is certain. When Smyrna plays at OHS it WON'T be close. I happen to like those mercy-rule games. The few Smyrna fans who go will be long gone before it's over, so traffic won't be as bad leaving. I might even go watch Blackman trounce the purple and yellow this week before both schools get decimated by the opening of Stew Creek High.

Drink it up while you can. It will not last too long. Funny how bad calls can happen in other games and you have no opinion but when you think that happens to an opponent of the Smyrna Bulldogs then that team got screwed. And yes Blackman, Oakland, and Siegel will more than likely have thier way with us. Especially if we don't play any better than we did last Friday night. That is not a big secret. But we still have to play each game. And as long as we play each game there is still a chance. But atleast we beat LaVergne. Maybe since you are so tore up about that win you can petition the TSSAA to put an asterisk beside it.

Edited by milo118

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

petition the TSSAA to put an asterisk beside it.

Sounds like an acknolwedgment that it was a bogus way to end the game. A gift from the refs.

Glad to see you are coming around to reality. And there is still that Ravenwood game to get an actual legit win. If your purple and yellow don't win that by at least 14, that would be really sad. It would make the district and county look bad. I might actually not pull against the purple and yellow in that one.

Edited by nrgrizzlies

Sounds like an acknolwedgment that it was a bogus way to end the game. A gift from the refs.

Glad to see you are coming around to reality. And there is still that Ravenwood game to get an actual legit win. If your purple and yellow don't win that by at least 14, that would be really sad. It would make the district and county look bad. I might actually not pull against the purple and yellow in that one.

I can tell you that I wouldn't want it called on my team at that time. Bogus? Don't know. I wasn't on the field. But like I said in many other posts, unlike you, there were many bogus calls for both teams in that game. But spin it however you like. A win at Ravenwood by 14 or more would nice. But at this point we just need a win. I will let the experts like you decide if it will be sad or not. Didn't know that you had to win by 14 or more in order for it to count. Silly me, I thought all you had to do was score one more point than your opponent. Like a score of 7-6. And we would appreciate any support in any game you would give us. Regardless of how hard that might be for you. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

Blackman over Smyrna - but closer than most think. Blackman turns the ball over a lot and seems to be mistake prone this year so this will keep the game close. Late score by the Blaze pulls away. 28-14.

Siegel over Oakland - big. Because they are that good. 42-14

Riverdale over Lavergne - 35 -14

Don't know a whole lot about Blackman this year. Somewhat of a young offensive line. A bit of uncertainty at the qb position. But can still ram the ball down your throat. Defense has played well at times. Can't realy count the Siegel game. Don't know anyone in the district that is going to slow them down. My Bulldogs need to take advantage of the mistakes. That is something we have struggled with all season. Too many three and outs. Need to give the defense a rest. Consistent play on both sides of the ball is what its going to take to make this a ballgame. No injuries for either team.

I don't understand such hatred grizzly. Every team in the county except for Riverdale has embarrassed the others at some point in the last 15 years. Some more than others. All of those teams have worked hard and eventually became pretty good and won a lot of games. Smyrna has one of the best group of freshmen in the state. Hate on them all you want, but all you are hating on is a group of kids working their tails off to get better.

My biggest question is WILL R'dale wake up and win this week? If it winds up 3 (three) losses in a row...................

I can't see Riverdale lossing this one. However I didn't see Lavergne beating Oakland either. So is it possible? Yes. This is why they play each game. Riverdale needs to put thier foot back on the gas pedal or it might very well turn out to be three in a row. History question.........when is the last time Riverdale lost three in a row?

My biggest question is WILL R'dale wake up and win this week? If it winds up 3 (three) losses in a row...................

RHS hasn't lost 3 in row since 1989 (lost four in a row to end the seson)

some stats

2009 11-3

2008 5-5 no more than 2 in a row

1995 3 losses

1989 3-7

1988 4-6

1987 3-7 4 losses in a row to start the season

1975 4-6 lost 4 in a row

1972 2-6-2 no more than 2 losses in a row

Not likely the Wolverines will take this one from the Warriors. Plus Milo has checked with T$$AA to insure the sorry refs who gave Smyrna the win over LHS are not working the RHS vs LHS contest.

We can't have RHS having any tainted wins right grizzles.

Thanks to my friend RHS SID David Limbaugh for the help with the information

Actually that's good news...I thought they were dead and now I know they were just asleep.

Has anyone noted that the Hendersonville game was decided by a missed extra point and field goal by Riverdale vs a made field goal for H'ville. I tend to think the culture of a kicking game is a pretty important part of a team/program. This is a bit more evidence to support that theory.