7aaa for Sept. 28 games

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WD you can ride shotgun with me if by some miracle (no offense) that happens. Bones ride in the back.

WitchDoctor say StarRaider get the trans-am ready...

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',

We're gonna do what they say can't be done.

Stars got a long way to go and a short time to get there.

We east bound, just watch ol' "Siegel" run.

"Bones never lie"

Edited by WitchDoctor

Congrats to Blackman. Dominated my Bulldogs all night long. At some point you have to get tired of seeing the back of the wood shed. Got to be able to pull something positive out of this season for next year. Nothing positive from this game. Lowest point of the season. To those who played hard all night long, I applaude your effort and desire to get better. Keep working hard and it will pay off.

Edited by milo118

WitchDoctor say StarRaider get the trans-am ready...

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',

We're gonna do what they say can't be done.

Stars got a long way to go and a short time to get there.

We east bound, just watch ol' "Siegel" run.

"Bones never lie"

Mrs StarRaider gonna be mad but I can see this in the driveway soon

TRANSA616.jpg

I will admit to being surprised by the Siegel/Oakland score. Evidently Coach W remembers that shut outs are VERY good.

As to the R'dale/LaVergne game, letting LaVergne score a couple of times shows the current Coaching staff lacks the 'killer instinct' necessary for a Gold Ball run. Not the kids fault.

Come on R'dale, pulling for us to go west at least. I REALLY would hate to see all 4 Rutherford County teams in the same iniatial bracket.

I will admit to being surprised by the Siegel/Oakland score. Evidently Coach W remembers that shut outs are VERY good.

As to the R'dale/LaVergne game, letting LaVergne score a couple of times shows the current Coaching staff lacks the 'killer instinct' necessary for a Gold Ball run. Not the kids fault.

Come on R'dale, pulling for us to go west at least. I REALLY would hate to see all 4 Rutherford County teams in the same iniatial bracket.

Riverdale does continue to have problems playing all the way to the final whistle. I'm not really sure if that was the right call at the end of the half though. If time has run out, how does the offense that committed the penalty get an untimed down? The penalty was on Lavergne, correct?

The second touchdown was just an outstanding throw and catch against the backup DB (who had pretty good coverage).

My biggest disappontment of the game came with six minutes to go when Riverdale faced 4th and 6 at the 18 yard line. Why they didn't send in the field goal team to give them some much needed experience....I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Talk about never, ever, ever learning from your mistakes. It was just a week ago a missed field goal was a major factor in a loss. Another opportunity to improve just pissed away. BTW, they did not make the 4th down attempt.

Riverdale does continue to have problems playing all the way to the final whistle. I'm not really sure if that was the right call at the end of the half though. If time has run out, how does the offense that committed the penalty get an untimed down? The penalty was on Lavergne, correct?

The officiating crew made a mistake on that one (and they know about it ;)

The proper thing to do was put the 2 seconds back on the clock after the penalty was assessed and start the clock on the ready, not on the snap. I hope the TSSAA is keeping a folder of all the instances when officials misapply or do not even know the rules involved to 'coach them up'.

The officiating crew made a mistake on that one (and they know about it icon_e_wink.gif

The proper thing to do was put the 2 seconds back on the clock after the penalty was assessed and start the clock on the ready, not on the snap. I hope the TSSAA is keeping a folder of all the instances when officials misapply or do not even know the rules involved to 'coach them up'.

Have a question about a call in the Smyrna/Blackman game. Smyrna got called for an unsportsman like penalty after a big tackle for a loss on Blackman. Kid got up and celebrated. Ref threw the flag at the point on the field in which he thought the penalty had occured which was nearly a ten yard loss on the tackle. So when it was all said and done they marched the penalty off from the original line of scrimmage instead of the spot of the foul. They should have marked it from the spot of the foul on an unsportman like foul correct?