Top Tennessee wrestling Coach of all-time

mustachiomenace

Tex,

Sly & I were wondering "where in the world" you've been lately... And especially if you're gonna get your goal of 25,000 posts by Nov. 6th? icon_e_smile.gif

On latest topic here...Fair question... So you have no question in your mind how those power house-home grown Bear teams would have stacked up to a few Morgan/Connell/Simpson teams over the past 15-20 years, even with a few transplants? How fun for the fans... Any idea How Keller (bc's mow) and Simpson (Ryan's mow) would have come out? Probably no answer for Leen (baylor's) no answer from the Bears prob ever, but Soddy got a shot with their all time top two with Lane going 1-1 with a bum knee

Again, All I was saying.... You gotta wonder - cause it never happened.

if it were about what to "wonder" about that would be one question, your post put a conditon on the credentials on the bc coach and his accomplishiments, like it some how had an asterick.

If I were going to wonder about anything , it might be if a heavyly hyped up coach will make it through an entire year and be able to make the impact on the team as others believe.

Pay attention Soms........Bradley wrestled Baylor many times. Before the split and after (Didn't the Big Red attend the Bradley tournament for a good many years?)They wrestled Ryan on at least one occasion I can think of off hand and I'm sure there were many more. (CBHS dual tournament). I suggest you wander more than you wonder.

Thanks guys... I truly appreciate your position and patience with me,,, as I have also been grateful to Steve and his drive to build on what Turner Jackson started there beginning with the Legman in the 70's and being bc's 1st State Champ in 1984 ...and appreciation not only the accolades, but the development of fine young men.

Many hours have been spent discussing this with bc folks including Steve and they know my opinion. Steve never could get over some poachingissues. I always wanted the hatchet buried in all honesty.

My apologies to all BC alum and fans for perhaps taking away from the Bears phenomenal record since the 80's... but I must say I am glad to see Ben's openness to entering events with d-2 teams competing.

Thanks Tex for your loving words... And on another note: Spence was never guilty or convicted of yours or others' suspicions btw. :)

Thanks guys... I truly appreciate your position and patience with me,,, as I have also been grateful to Steve and his drive to build on what Turner Jackson started there beginning with the Legman in the 70's and being bc's 1st State Champ in 1984 ...and appreciation not only the accolades, but the development of fine young men.

Many hours have been spent discussing this with bc folks including Steve and they know my opinion. Steve never could get over some poachingissues. I always wanted the hatchet buried in all honesty.

My apologies to all BC alum and fans for perhaps taking away from the Bears phenomenal record since the 80's... but I must say I am glad to see Ben's openness to entering events with d-2 teams competing.

Thanks Tex for your loving words... And on another note: Spence was never guilty or convicted of yours or others' suspicions btw. icon_e_smile.gif

ok, what is the deal between you and Tex? I can see there is no love lost there.

Thanks Tex for your loving words... And on another note: Spence was never guilty or convicted of yours or others' suspicions btw. icon_e_smile.gif

so,,,,you contact Mr. Coacht and complain that I went to the internet and see information is in the public domain about Spencer. He contacts me and says you are crying and would I act like it is not in the public domain and remove it. I comply. NOW you bring up the issue for all to see. You are very "odd".

so,,,,you contact Mr. Coacht and complain that I went to the internet and see information is in the public domain about Spencer. He contacts me and says you are crying and would I act like it is not in the public domain and remove it. I comply. NOW you bring up the issue for all to see. You are very "odd".

From the Chattanooga Sports Hall of Fame Program:

382 wins, 26 losses

20 Team State Championships

4 undefeated seasons, 7 1-loss seasons

17 year unbeaten streak at Home, 128-0

Teams won 31 of 32 Trad and Duals Regions Titles since 1994

35 wrestlers won 52 Individual State Championships

143 Individual State Medals

14 National High School All-Americans

7 Traditional State Tournament Outstanding Wrestler recipients

3-Time Scrappy Moore Award recipient, 1999,2004,2009

Had wrestlers go to wrestle for (and graduate from) UTC, Western State CO, Oklahoma State, Duke, Columbia and Princeton

Soms, which part do you think he needed your help with? The scheduling? If only he had listened to you, huh?

Soms, you are my new hero. this is great. i am curious how long you will go to get the last word. Your knowledge of wrestling on the grand scale is funny. More challenging? You ever heard of the Virginia Duals? More fun? for who? you? Well I'm sure everyone involved will sleep better now that you are going to have more fun.

tag.....you're it

Ok? Yes... I will bite! Very good point on traveling to compete with Blair, great bridge, christiana and whoever else WAS there IN VIRGINIA. They don't recruit right? Anyway... Fun for those few who made the trip up there. Not as fun then for fans here, but for the Now let's have more fun with a bit more parity and less predictability!?!?

Great Run BC for many years, but with the selected opponents (similar to Brandon's records) but, again Now getting even more interesting closer to Home. More Wonder and less wander to get a challenge!

Over the years,,, Tex and any of my adversarial "fans" are typically like this (i must admit I'm somewhat odd and always have been as many have pointed out). They are so blinded by their own 1 demensional arrogance that they unintentionally help me to make my own points better than I could have otherwise. Thanks for that, by the way...

• Upvote 1

Ok? Yes... I will bite! Very good point on traveling to compete with Blair, great bridge, christiana and whoever else WAS there IN VIRGINIA. They don't recruit right? Anyway... Fun for those few who made the trip up there. Not as fun then for fans here, but for the Now let's have more fun with a bit more parity and less predictability!?!?

Great Run BC for many years, but with the selected opponents (similar to Brandon's records) but, again Now getting even more interesting closer to Home. More Wonder and less wander to get a challenge!

Over the years,,, Tex and any of my adversarial "fans" are typically like this (i must admit I'm somewhat odd and always have been as many have pointed out). They are so blinded by their own 1 demensional arrogance that they unintentionally help me to make my own points better than I could have otherwise. Thanks for that, by the way...

I hear this same crap about Maryville football from people who seek to detract from greatness by suggesting the coach is somehow obligated to travel far and wide in search of new opponents. The measuring stick for best coach in TN is TN state titles and State champions. Logsdon is in a class by himself. Again the only debate is who is / was the next best coach in TN history.