Loretto @ Collinwood

lowtn

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had computer problems and just now got it fixed. Collinwood played a good game and the coaches had the right game plan. Stack the box and make us throw. We had open receivers and the right calls most of the time just couldnt make the passes. Our Db that got ate up for 2 TDs was a replacement and their because of the other one was playing saftey takeing the place of the safety who was sitting out because of the fight with Richland. Made a difference yes, cost us the game probably not. When they benched the DB and switched the safety back to DB and brought in the sophmore at safety it worked a lot better. Cwood ran the halfback pass to a wide open WR for a quick TD. Loretto just gave up, you could see it when it happened. I was more disappointed in the defense then the offense. Some of the players after the game could have cared less that they lost. They were content that they think they are already in the playoffs. regardless its in the past. Cwood has a good team and their coaches did a great job. good luck in the playoffs.

RedTang is mostly right. However, Collinwood came into the game with a better coaching plan. They played 8-9 in the box and forced Loretto to pass on 3rd and long. Several passes were dropped. Loretto has got to start adjusting faster to the conditions on the field. That comes down to coaching. They wait until half-time to adjust. That will not make you a good team in the playoffs. I have noticed that Loretto has a big problem covering man on man. Again no adjustments until late in the Game. Coaching has got to get better.

RedTang is mostly right. However, Collinwood came into the game with a better coaching plan. They played 8-9 in the box and forced Loretto to pass on 3rd and long. Several passes were dropped. Loretto has got to start adjusting faster to the conditions on the field. That comes down to coaching. They wait until half-time to adjust. That will not make you a good team in the playoffs. I have noticed that Loretto has a big problem covering man on man. Again no adjustments until late in the Game. Coaching has got to get better.

I must have missed those dropped passes you were refering to as I didnt see any except for those that were off target and almost impossible to catch, or a db got a hand on. The QB is better than what he showed Fridaynight. He just had an off night. It happens. But the Loretto plan is as predictable as it gets. RUN, RUN, show pass and RUN again. Only time they throw is when they have to, then they dont always throw. You cant be one dimensional. Yea you can win some games but when you play a good team just running isnt going to cut it unless they dont stack the box. The thing is we have a QB that can typically throw well and WR/TE that have great hands,but we still just run, run, run and rely on the defense to protect the lead. Loretto gets into trouble when they get behind early (East Hickman, Lawrence County, Collinwood all losses) and are forced out of our game plan and we cant/want adjust. DBs do have a hard time one on one but I never see much help from the safeties. Only once did I see the safety help out and he was a sub. Dont know if they dont have the safeties to help out or not. Regardless, Loretto has a better team than was shown Fridaynight and have some good players. They just need some adjusting. Edited by RedTang