Fairview(5-2) @ Giles Co. (6-0)

JUNO

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah score was respectable but remember we had two TDs called back.The reason the refs called the fake punt back was they said we were trying to decieve them.No we ran a well executed play that caught Faiview off guard.But hats off to Fairview y'all played a heck of a game and will go far in the playoffs.21 & 10 are studs.

Thanks for giving a little credit.

First and foremost congratulations to Franklin-Lite. A really good ball club with a great game plan tonight. You played with a lot of heart to the end. Ramey was on target all night and made great decisions with the ball.

Giles made some mental mistakes. Got to clean them up. But in the end they stuck with the game plan and won. The defense was able to stay in a base D and get the job done. Offensively the plan was to take it to them because of their tendency to come after you. We tried to do too much too quick the 1st half but stuck with the plan the 2nd.

One thing about the playoffs. We'll finally get rid of this crew. At least tonight they were a equal opportunity offender. Way to go again zebras.

Boom. Glad you liked the Brickyard. Although DC won't make it past the Devils, be careful what you wish for. We don't match up well with Lite but we do with DC. And after watching film, DC would be lucky to beat them too. ph34r.png

First and foremost congratulations to Franklin-Lite. A really good ball club with a great game plan tonight. You played with a lot of heart to the end. Ramey was on target all night and made great decisions with the ball.

Giles made some mental mistakes. Got to clean them up. But in the end they stuck with the game plan and won. The defense was able to stay in a base D and get the job done. Offensively the plan was to take it to them because of their tendency to come after you. We tried to do too much too quick the 1st half but stuck with the plan the 2nd.

One thing about the playoffs. We'll finally get rid of this crew. At least tonight they were a equal opportunity offender. Way to go again zebras.

Boom. Glad you liked the Brickyard. Although DC won't make it past the Devils, be careful what you wish for. We don't match up well with Lite but we do with DC. And after watching film, DC would be lucky to beat them too. ph34r.png

I have actually seen the devils, i do live in Maryville. I have to say DeKalb is atleast 2x faster than them and hit a lot harder, also your team did beat dekalb last year but dekalb was winning until the fourth quarter too; dont take this as me being a DC fan i graduated from Maryville im just a 4A fan in general popcorneater.gif

Another note Fulton is also alot better than greeneville to me and LA lost so there goes #5 in 4A

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

I have actually seen the devils, i do live in Maryville. I have to say DeKalb is atleast 2x faster than them and hit a lot harder, also your team did beat dekalb last year but dekalb was winning until the fourth quarter too; dont take this as me being a DC fan i graduated from Maryville im just a 4A fan in general popcorneater.gif

Good deal. Then you understand match up and district rivals. Lite played a great game. Hats of to them.

If you have seen film on Giles you would see they operate out of different sets every game. Lite wanted to take away the pass and dare us to rum so run we did. So add another film for future coaches to prepare for. ....ph34r.png

Good deal. Then you understand match up and district rivals. Lite played a great game. Hats of to them.

If you have seen film on Giles you would see they operate out of different sets every game. Lite wanted to take away the pass and dare us to rum so run we did. So add another film for future coaches to prepare for. ....ph34r.png

im sure, thats great coaching, another thing is Dekalb didnt have a defence last year as everyone says (i personally dont know), but now there D is just one huge stud, its amazing to watch how they all seem to hit the ball carrier at once, sworming him (usually in the backfield) haha and you guys have a great ball club, you trully do popcorneater.gif

If Giles was not as dynamic as they are, we could beat them. Giles can adapt to any game situation. When you have a QB like Cobb the pass is always an option. Speaking about the option, their read option is insane, Cobb reads it like a pro. But lets say, you have the passing game locked down. Which is what Fairview planned for. Okay? Then they just give it to one of their 2 backs that just rip off gains at 5-10 yards a pop. Overall, I was impressed with this Giles team. Very well Coached. Like i said before, can adapt to any game situation. On the other hand, I was impressed with Fairview's play as well. We held our ground for the most part and hung in their with Giles. If Giles really does win state this year, which there is no doubt they wont. Theoretically speaking, one would only predict that Fairview would go as deep into the playoffs as they wanted to.

Edited by JUNO

On a completely separate topic, "The Brickyard" is a great place to go watch a game. Although, i was a little disappointed, i thought that he home crowd would literally be so loud they would shake the stadium. Too bad Page can't visit there to go and face the inevitable. There is no doubt in my mind page can handle what Giles has. Giles will give page all they can handle, and more. I cant wait to see that game.

Edited by JUNO

On a completely separate topic, "The Brickyard" is a great place to go watch a game. Although, i was a little disappointed, i thought that he home crowd would literally be so loud they would shake the stadium. Too bad Page can't visit there to go and face the inevitable. There is no doubt in my mind page can handle what Giles has. Giles will give page all they can handle, and more. I cant wait to see that game.

I also love the Brickyard it's a great place to watch football. One of the best I've ever been to. Im really looking forward to get to see my boys get a shot at this Giles team at the end of the year. But for now it's all about putting the attention on a pretty good Hickman team coming to Page next Friday.

If Giles was not as dynamic as they are, we could beat them. Giles can adapt to any game situation. When you have a QB like Cobb the pass is always an option. Speaking about the option, their read option is insane, Cobb reads it like a pro. But lets say, you have the passing game locked down. Which is what Fairview planned for. Okay? Then they just give it to one of their 2 backs that just rip off gains at 5-10 yards a pop. Overall, I was impressed with this Giles team. Very well Coached. Like i said before, can adapt to any game situation. On the other hand, I was impressed with Fairview's play as well. We held our ground for the most part and hung in their with Giles. If Giles really does win state this year, which there is no doubt they wont. Theoretically speaking, one would only predict that Fairview would go as deep into the playoffs as they wanted to.

Well said, and much respect to GC!

A big issue on the defense stopping the run against GC was Sammy Edmonson. The starting DT went down on the first defensive play with what is being said a complete MCL tear. Wont know for sure obviously until he has an MRI. Great game though i absolutely love the Brickyard. #22 was so explosive he never stopped going forward and we had no amswer for him.