Fairview(5-2) @ Giles Co. (6-0)

JUNO

Lots of pressure on Cobb tonight Reynolds and Stevenson had big games on the defensive side of the ball again and Moore just keepsyou proving hishis critics wrong week after week. FV came out flat in the 3rd and #22 just had his way with the defense for about 15 minutes. Jacket i recall FV in the redzone twice and coming away with nothing. Once before halftime and then late 3rd or early 4th. Good Job by the Bobcats and goodluck on the year. Feed #22 cuz that man is hungry

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a completely separate topic, "The Brickyard" is a great place to go watch a game. Although, i was a little disappointed, i thought that he home crowd would literally be so loud they would shake the stadium. Too bad Page can't visit there to go and face the inevitable. There is no doubt in my mind page can handle what Giles has. Giles will give page all they can handle, and more. I cant wait to see that game.

You're right Juno. The crowd was way to quiet last night. Giles is on fall break and were missing a lot of students and fans. Unlike the last couple of years the Lite coaches stuck to what they do best instead of gimmick plays. I do think the game will help them down the road. I was more impressed with them this year than any other. Again Ramey had a heck of a game. I hope the DT is ok.

Giles matches up well with Franklin Ultra-Lite. It's going to be a great game for sure. OC has not had to dig deep into the play book yet. There are schemes, sets, and personnel that he hasn't used yet that they work on in practice that you'll see soon for sure.

But one game at a time. Summit first & then Lewis. I guess Summit will have to be Franklin Baby-Lite. icon_e_biggrin.gif

First and foremost congratulations to Franklin-Lite. A really good ball club with a great game plan tonight. You played with a lot of heart to the end. Ramey was on target all night and made great decisions with the ball.

Giles made some mental mistakes. Got to clean them up. But in the end they stuck with the game plan and won. The defense was able to stay in a base D and get the job done. Offensively the plan was to take it to them because of their tendency to come after you. We tried to do too much too quick the 1st half but stuck with the plan the 2nd.

One thing about the playoffs. We'll finally get rid of this crew. At least tonight they were a equal opportunity offender. Way to go again zebras.

Boom. Glad you liked the Brickyard. Although DC won't make it past the Devils, be careful what you wish for. We don't match up well with Lite but we do with DC. And after watching film, DC would be lucky to beat them too. ph34r.png

I have alot of respect for you WOMG. I liked what you had to say about our game last year, but personally I have seen some of Greeneville and I will agree with Boom. Maybe it was just me, but after watching us for the whole season it looked like the devils were in slow motion. I liked what I saw from Giles. But who knows what would have happened if we score on that drive instead of getting the ball stripped and returned. That's why you play the game I guess. We both return the same amount of players virtually, and we've picked up more athletes that didn't play last year so I would say we match up very well.

DC has a great team and the coaching staff is top notch TigerPride. Greeneville will get better every game. They know what a wear and tear it is on players, coaches, and parents to play 15 games. I judge a team not by their star players and stats. I judge them by their ability to scheme and adapt to multiple situations as the game progresses. They will scheme to stop you and they are good at it. Speed kills but top staffs will equalize the speed difference with game plans of their own. A power game gets Greeneville this year but they will win in a finesse game.

And the X factor will be??? LUCK!! Gotta have a little luck.ph34r.png

The one thing that is different from this years loss is the way the team and community responded to this loss. Previous years, losing to Giles was horrible. After the game the whole communtiy ran around saying "we hate giles" Blah blah blah and were bashing on how Giles was such a dirty team. In reality, they just gave us our first loss. This year, after we lost, our community and team took it the exact opposite. Everyone in Fairview is pulling for Giles to win state and instead of bashing on giles because we lost to them we RESPECT them because we lost to them.

The one thing that is different from this years loss is the way the team and community responded to this loss. Previous years, losing to Giles was horrible. After the game the whole communtiy ran around saying "we hate giles" Blah blah blah and were bashing on how Giles was such a dirty team. In reality, they just gave us our first loss. This year, after we lost, our community and team took it the exact opposite. Everyone in Fairview is pulling for Giles to win state and instead of bashing on giles because we lost to them we RESPECT them because we lost to them.

I think games like Friday nights game benefits both teams and helps prepare them for the playoffs.Last nights game in a weird way reminded me of the '09 title game against Greeneville.

I think games like Friday nights game benefits both teams and helps prepare them for the playoffs.Last nights game in a weird way reminded me of the '09 title game against Greeneville.

I fully agree, and the record doesn't show it but these Jackets are just now hitting their stride. Although a loss, this game will be used as motivation for these young men. Don't like the last three weeks of the schedule but hopefully they maintain intensity.

I agree on not liking the last three weeks. Summit and spring hill plus bye week wont be.much competition for the jackets going into the playoffs. Would hate to see them lose the first round due to lack of competition 3 weeka prior. No disrespect intended to summit and spring hill