Fairview(5-2) @ Giles Co. (6-0)

JUNO

That was a great game for sure. I remember your grass was about a foot high, lol.

It's hard to compare the two. Both are about the same height. Both have great arms. Both are like coaches on the field. Bo would punish you with the run where Al can but he tends to see the field more like a true tail back would. Both prepare for the game. Bo may have more arm strength but Al places the ball better. The game is really slow for Al. He makes the reads as you can tell by the lack of interceptions. Both will do whatever it takes to win. I just can't say which one is better. But I will say this. You are never in doubt will Al under center.

Just wait until you see next years man......thumb[1].gif

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do not have to worry about the grass at Page no more .it looks to be cut to a half inch to an inch hl.only real problem I see with field there is no crown on half of it my understanding the Quarterback Club has to pay for this to be fixed not like your place where the city takes care of it which is very nice 1 of the best settings for a football game in Tennessee so if we get heavy rains look for a very sloppy field maybe we need to leave the sprinklers on for 3 days soild lol

i know , i know , and yall are bigger and faster than fairview ! you better bite your tounge, cause yalls is coming in a few short weeks!

No, we're smaller and slower than FV. I know that and so does everyone else. FV has the most speed in the district in my opinion. followed by you guys and I'm sure Marshall has some speedsters. The difference in you guys and MC is how well you coach them and utilize your speed guys. No need to get your panties in a wad. You thought you were State bound last year when you came rolling into The Den if I'm not mistaken.thumb[1].gif Just some helpful advice, better not expect to leave after half time.

All you Giles Co boys better bite your tongues. I think this one will be alot closer than youre anticipating. I havent seen anything to suggest that youre a power house yet. What games have you won that you weren't "supposed" to win? If FV plays together and has everyone healthy I think they have *gasp* more team speed than GC.

Ah, but we won them in blow-outs. Our 2nd team has gotten almost as much game time as our 1st team. Just sit back and watch as we put on a little clinic for you guy's in a couple weeks. Want be a repeat of last year, you can bet with last year in mind, our guy's will be bringing "IT" each play. "IT" is a coming, and you best be ready.

Wiseoldman you seem to be a straight shooter who is the better quarterback Wallace or Cobb.I only got to see Wallace play 1 time they was rated number 1 in 4 A this was in 2009 at page high school I believe Giles was up 3 points Page had the ball on the 5 yrd line 15 seconds left in the game they throw a pass hits the Page receiver dead in the chest and drops the ball game over Giles win by 3.Wallace had 1 heck of a game my uncle said Wallace reminded him of a quarterback in the 80's that played at Brentwood Academy and also played at Old Miss Kent Austin .Oh I heard our game will be on Thursday night i was just joking.

That game at page was a dogfight. I was a junior on the team and we got beat 16-8. Bo Wallace beat us on 2 deep balls for scores. It was crazy how well we could throw the ball. Every pass he threw was on the money. I remember seeing him and saying that guy is gonna play at a big time college one day. I would say he is better then Cobb in the sense that he has a stronger arm but Cobb looks to be more accurate. Bo Wallace mentored him a lot before he graduated didnt he?

you do not have to worry about the grass at Page no more .it looks to be cut to a half inch to an inch hl.only real problem I see with field there is no crown on half of it my understanding the Quarterback Club has to pay for this to be fixed not like your place where the city takes care of it which is very nice 1 of the best settings for a football game in Tennessee so if we get heavy rains look for a very sloppy field maybe we need to leave the sprinklers on for 3 days soild lol

The quarterback club does have to pay for it. Fortunately they have some parents who are really involved now and that has helped a lot. They have done the best they can to keep the field in great condition and it is better now then it was in the past. The person who used to tend to the field then was not very good at it.

That game at page was a dogfight. I was a junior on the team and we got beat 16-8. Bo Wallace beat us on 2 deep balls for scores. It was crazy how well we could throw the ball. Every pass he threw was on the money. I remember seeing him and saying that guy is gonna play at a big time college one day. I would say he is better then Cobb in the sense that he has a stronger arm but Cobb looks to be more accurate. Bo Wallace mentored him a lot before he graduated didnt he?

Yep Bo helped a lot. The Double O, O'Connor & Osteen, do a great job developing the QB's. The key is how the game is slow for them. Al sees the field and gets the ball to the right receiver. If you pressure him he'll burn you on the ground. So just like '09, if you are a defenseive coordinator what do you do? huh.png

Yep Bo helped a lot. The Double O, O'Connor & Osteen, do a great job developing the QB's. The key is how the game is slow for them. Al sees the field and gets the ball to the right receiver. If you pressure him he'll burn you on the ground. So just like '09, if you are a defenseive coordinator what do you do? huh.png

That's why he's so dangerous. I don't know how anybody can stop him. He sees the field so well. That's where I think he is better then Bo, his awareness of the field and everything around him is crazy. He's gotten a lot better since last year which is the reason I think y'all are state champion favorites this year.

Not sure how I feel about all this praise we are getting from the opposition. Do we really have their respect or is it reverse psychology. This group of Seniors has seen just about everything you can as a high school football player. Most of them were there in 09 for the Championship. The smell is in the air of another title and it is my opinion that this group of seniors will not let a week go by that they are not mentally and physically prepared. IF there is a slip up it will be a shocker to me as was the LC game last year. But as you see that game made us stronger. These boys are focused and so are the coaches.

To jacketman, come on over to the home side north 35 before kickoff and we can chit chat.

To my BOBCATS time to add another blood drop to the BOBCAT on the 50. GO CATS!!!

No, we're smaller and slower than FV. I know that and so does everyone else. FV has the most speed in the district in my opinion. followed by you guys and I'm sure Marshall has some speedsters. The difference in you guys and MC is how well you coach them and utilize your speed guys. No need to get your panties in a wad. You thought you were State bound last year when you came rolling into The Den if I'm not mistaken.thumb[1].gif Just some helpful advice, better not expect to leave after half time.

no wadded panties here LCP, just get a few facts straight.last year neither fans or coaches thought we would make it past the first round, so all were plesantly suprised when we made the semi's,and played well to boot!we have speed, depth, size,experience,leadership,and top knotch coaches plus a great fan base.that's why i'm thinking," who's fairview ? and i know what your thinking, and yes, it is great to be us!!!