Science Hill vs Boone

TopperFootball

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again with the butter....

Let's keep in mind that everything I say on here is comparing Science Hill to DB and pertains to football because when I logged on it told me this was a FOOTBALL board. SH will never be as good as DB. SH is a stepping stone to better opportunities. What is it with you guys? First you want to have a track meet instead of a football game and now you want to have a scholars bowl? Seems like to be so confident in your team yall wanna do anything but play football. Man I tell ya, soft as butter, them hilltoppers are.

I'm sure the Indians fans thank you for your support of their program. Aren't you a Blazers fan though? Why not talk up your own school? Oh wait.......

Edited by AlumnI01

I like the use of bullet points makes you look intelligent and organized....think I'll try it on for size. Here goes nothing:

• You will never be as good as DB no matter how much you improve.
  • Spurrier hates everyone!
  • JC Press......well they could use some renovation on the sports staff.
  • Guess I've rendered a hilltopper speechless roflol.gif

Ah think I'll leave those fancy bullet points to you city folk. And those cups on the fence are quite crafty aye?

I'm going to make a comment to say "this doesn't deserve a comment".

Let's keep in mind that everything I say on here is comparing Science Hill to DB and pertains to football because when I logged on it told me this was a FOOTBALL board. SH will never be as good as DB. SH is a stepping stone to better opportunities. What is it with you guys? First you want to have a track meet instead of a football game and now you want to have a scholars bowl? Seems like to be so confident in your team yall wanna do anything but play football. Man I tell ya, soft as butter, them hilltoppers are.

Let the talking be done on the field. Speed, quickness, toughness, hard, soft, big, small, coaching and etc. It all plays a part. We'll see what you have to say after the game.

Some interesting FYI stuff from SH's view:

The 6-0 start is their best since 2003. A 7-0 start would be the team's best since 1966 when the team went 9-0 (the 1968 team did go 8-0-2).

SH is also ranked in the AP poll for the sixth consecutive week. Boone is ranked 8th in 5A.

Not trying to brag or anything, just didn't know that it had been that long for this type of start. There was a lot of discussion earlier in the year about Coach Carter's effectiveness. There is still plenty of football to be played, including a gigantic game in week 10. But I think it is safe to say that there is improvement from the previous years of SH football.

It is hard to understand those who question CSC. This is his third year..there has been improvement every year. Look at SH history. This is where it should have been a long time ago.

Like most coaches at any level he needs players to make his system operate efficiently. Reed Hayes has been that. No disrespect to Snyder, but he seemed to hit a wall at the end of his jr and sr years. It seems to me looking in that the success of the football team has other kids looking to play football. I wish it would energize the town....I was surprised at the lack of attendance at South. Everyone there was either a football parent or band parent or so it seemed.

Back to CSC. For the spread to work you must have a QB who can tuck it and run when needed. The receivers are coming around (imagine if Fields were still there) and Adams is Adams. There is so much depth at running back. If CSC can develop a QB yearly like he did at South...the offense will click. The question then becomes defense and kicking game...

That's kind of the point of football isn't it? I mean everytime I stepped out on the field the coach said go out there and hit somebody. Never once did I hear go out there and see how quickly you can run through a pile of players. Speed has no effect on the game if you can't break the perimeter or muscle your way through the line. Science Hill can have all the speed in the world but if the running game is contained speed doesn't matter. They can have the fastest recievers in the world but if they are put on their butt coming off the line then speed doesn't matter. Ya'll keep your speed and I will keep my toughness cause football is not a boys game its a mans game. I'd say if I've got it figure right all you all will be able to talk about come friday night is how hard nosed and physical my team is. Hope your track stars show up to do hitting drills.popcorneater.gif

Jeez. This makes me wonder why teams recruit speed at the college level. Watch the UT / UGA game last week and talk about speed. Speed creates...it goes hand in hand with being physical. Teams must do both. Being physical and controlling the line of scrimmage is paramount to success...no doubt..but you can't contain the perimeter if you don't have the speed. Once you are tired chasing the perimeter you get hammered up the middle because a good RB with speed doesn't need much space. A football game isn't played between the hash marks...if so being physical would dominate. Why doesn't the Big Ten dominate against the SEC? Speed...

At the HS level especially in this area, speed kills....you can coach the kids to be physical but you must have speed. I think you will see that SH can be just as physical. Carter has made them hit the weights...being physical and having speed it a deadly combo..

For DB...Foreman and Swafford are special players. McGue is a good player, but he isn't in their league. But he does have two more years. I love watching Foreman and Swafford play...

Well I've never one time mentioned that science hill was soft as butter, brought up the fact that you can't beat DB, or even mentioned that you hired a coach that also can't beat DB. I can see that you all are all excited because you think that this is the year that you finally beat DB but deep down inside you know that you will always be no better than 2nd best in the tri-cities. You lack fan support and can't even fill up your side of the stadium steve spurrier built for ya. The jc press is in love with you though, kudos on that achievement. Maybe y'all would be a little better if you could convince your players to stick around. Face it, science hill will never be anymore than a stepping stone to a better school. Ive never heard of anyone leaving DB to go to a private school.

Name any coaches around here that have been successful at beating DB...Clark has a machine there, no doubt...but Carter couldn't beat him at South because he didn't have the athletes...plain and simple...even his best teams couldn't match up. He best shot was Phillips sophomore year and that year they did have equal players...but they couldn't hold onto the football.

Carter now has the athletes, he just has to build a machine like Clark. You are right on the fans...they need to come out and be on time...but it takes time. I believe he has to beat DB to get real believers in the city whose kids don't play or are not in the band or former players...

Last years results and the past 15 years don't matter. It is about matching up and coaching. SH hasn't been able to match up in the past and if they could, they never had the coaching. Now they have the coaching IMO, and they have to work on matching up against DB...nothing in this area prepares you for that...DB is physical up front and in the middle and they also have the speed.

And the kids transferring from SH are basketball players...not football players...and there is a reason...SH has a much better BB program than DB. Charlie M is playing catch-up...much like Stacy C

I like the use of bullet points makes you look intelligent and organized....think I'll try it on for size. Here goes nothing:

• You will never be as good as DB no matter how much you improve.
  • Spurrier hates everyone!
  • JC Press......well they could use some renovation on the sports staff.
  • Guess I've rendered a hilltopper speechless roflol.gif

Ah think I'll leave those fancy bullet points to you city folk. And those cups on the fence are quite crafty aye?

• If you look at all sports, including girls...SH is very competitive with DB. Football is getting there.
  • Spurrier is a good coach. What he has done at USCjr is amazing. But it took a while...7 years and he still isn't over the hump.
  • What do you expect in the Tri Cities papers? The AJC or Observer? Come on...
  • Are those paper cups the same ones that hold up the stands...