Classifications

Omniscience

I would call East Hamilton moving into AAA, 5A playoffs, likely. That surprises about Signal, even if they request it. Chattanooga Christian and Notre Dame would be closer to the other 6-AA teams if they want to fill East Hamilton's 6-AA spot. Signal would lose money with 6-AA opponents replacing 7-AA opponents, in basketball too. Boyd ought to be in Division II anyway. I'd call Notre Dame moving into Class 3A playoffs possible, Class A and 2A playoffs very unlikely with a 1.8 multiplier. They'd have to drop near an actual 300 students in the building.

You would be correct Indian Signal will lose there shirt in 6 AA. Nobody but us travels in this district, Red Bank brings the most but they can't fill up 450 seats at our place.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reclassification rumors

With reclassification plans likely to be released in the near future, rumors and gossip are flying among coaches.

Here are some to consider:

• East Hamilton leaving District 6-AA and moving up to District 5-AAA. The Hurricanes are likely to make more money on gate receipts, but it's a step up in competition with the likes of Cleveland, Bradley Central, McMinn County and Ooltewah.

• Signal Mountain changing districts, possibly moving out of 7-AA with Bledsoe, Grundy, Sequatchie, Notre Dame and CCS into 6-AA with Central, East Ridge, Hixson, Howard, Red Bank, Tyner and possibly Brainerd.

• Notre Dame dropping from Class 4A in the playoffs to Class 3A, and maybe even Class 2A, and Brainerd might drop from 4A in the postseason to 3A.

• Depending on how the numbers fall, Boyd-Buchanan considering a move to Division II-A.

• It's likely that Red Bank will replace South Pittsburg on Signal Mountain's schedule even if the Eagles' move from 7-AA doesn't happen. Also, that Baylor will be looking for at least two games because the Red Raiders no longer will be playing Soddy-Daisy or Bradley Central, that Central likely will drop Polk County and Cleveland and add Coffee County and Cumberland County, and that Blackman has made its last trips to the Chattanooga area unless it reaches an agreement with Baylor.

I am hearing that the Signal - East Ham game will go for 2 more years. This is a great thing.....

This may or may not be related to this topic but the TimesFreePress just released Hamililton high schools with largest enrollment: (top five)

1. Ooltewah 1,408

2. Soddy 1,343

3. E. Hamilton 1,117

4. Central 951

5. Hixson 858

I am suprised that Signal wasn't mentioned!

(20th day enrollment)

Why surprised? East Ridge and Red Bank are bigger than us too.

Edited by MountainAir

I would call East Hamilton moving into AAA, 5A playoffs, likely. That surprises about Signal, even if they request it. Chattanooga Christian and Notre Dame would be closer to the other 6-AA teams if they want to fill East Hamilton's 6-AA spot. Signal would lose money with 6-AA opponents replacing 7-AA opponents, in basketball too. Boyd ought to be in Division II anyway. I'd call Notre Dame moving into Class 3A playoffs possible, Class A and 2A playoffs very unlikely with a 1.8 multiplier. They'd have to drop near an actual 300 students in the building.

I'm not sure what ND cares more about - travel expense or visitor gate - but I hope the move to District 6 happens for them.

Don't get your hopes up...

This may or may not be related to this topic but the TimesFreePress just released Hamililton high schools with largest enrollment: (top five)

1. Ooltewah 1,408

2. Soddy 1,343

3. E. Hamilton 1,117

4. Central 951

5. Hixson 858

I am suprised that Signal wasn't mentioned!

(20th day enrollment)

Signal has roughly 725. The East Hamilton guy was all over it..I've been to plenty of games in Chattanooga over the years where the visiting team had more fans than the host team. True most of your crowd should be home fans normally but that would be a lot of gate to lose over a four year period both in football and basketball. Maybe building up the rivalries with Hixson, etc would be worth it. And that's if it's approved for a switch to 6-AA.

Edited by Indian

Jet, which teams do you see moving up or down inthe Knox area? I have also heard about Loudon and Kingston possibly moving toward Chattanooga instead of Knoxville. Not sure if it will happen. Wonder what will happen to Union County, Gatlinburg, and Pigeon Forge? They are lumped with AA Knoxville teams right now. A lot depends on what happens to Stone, Anderson Co, Central, Gibbs, etc.

If Stone has 1110 as someone said on here, they will definitely move up. Anderson County has about 1050, it was said, they would be borderline. There are only a few schools left that have not turned in their numbers, mostly charters that are either brand new or haven't been operating long, when they get it together we will have a good idea of how it will go.

Signal has roughly 725. The East Hamilton guy was all over it..I've been to plenty of games in Chattanooga over the years where the visiting team had more fans than the host team. True most of your crowd should be home fans normally but that would be a lot of gate to lose over a four year period both in football and basketball. Maybe building up the rivalries with Hixson, etc would be worth it. And that's if it's approved for a switch to 6-AA.

I don’t post often on here but this topic has me interested. Our 20 day enrollment at SM was 714 down 18 from last year. I’m not sure what the cutoff for 3A vs 4A is but I assume we are still small enough to be 3A. I’ll be curious to see if we decide to play 3A since our growth has finally slowed. Also with Red Bank now being at only 728 students will they move to 3A too?

As for us moving from 7AA to 6AA I assume that would depend on some other factors. I read on another thread that Marion’s enrollment is way up and might be high enough to push them to 3A. If this is true I could see us moving to 6AA in place of East Hamilton and Marion moving into 7AA in our place. I guess you could argue why not move Notre Dame or CCS into 6AA and my take is no way the principle at Sequatchie would allow that because those teams have historically been easy wins.