Farragut vs Anderson County

K2ruth

Farragut is in a must win game against Anderson County tonight. If they are going to return to the state tournament Farragut has to beat either AC or Hardin Valley. The lady admirals are focused and I think they beat AC and use it as a spring board to the tournament.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut has the most talent in Knoxville. Didn't AC beat HV pretty hard at HV last week to go undefeated in the district. I know AC beat HV to win the early bird, and beat them again at home, but I thought they beat them at HV last Thursday. How is HV better?

I to saw AC and HV play this weekend. They both beat CAK this weekend and then CAK turned around beat Farragut in 3 straight Monday night. They are all great programs with wonderful kids. It's great to see such good competition in the Knoxville area. I think that it's anybody's game on any night.

Edited by EBTHER

Watched South beat CAK (2-0), AC (2-0), & HV (2-1) this past weekend. Also saw AC beat CAK 2-1 in a big comeback. All three are good teams with different strengths. IMHO the back row of HV caused more problems for South than the front row of AC. Winstead is a player.

Agree that on any given night one could beat the other. So, why no love for Bearden? They won Science Hill's tourney weekend before last.

Edited by sshsvbdad09

Ok, just a bunch of talk and speculation. Who won District and runnerup for District 3 and District 4 if indeed it is completed? Seemed that Anderson County and HV were ahead in District 3. Seems that Catholic, Bearden and Farragut were fighting it out for winner and runner up in District 4.

Edited by PHargis

Ok, here is what I think, but it is hard this year.

In AA CAK has dominated. No one is close. The only AAA teams that they have lost to are HV and AC.

In privates Webb has been dominate, but Knoxville doesn't have many privates.

AAA is interesting.

Anderson County went undefeated in District. They have also beaten Farragut, Catholic and Bearden out of district.

Hardin Valley has lost to Anderson County three or four times but is undefeated against all other AAA teams.

Bearden won their district but has dropped matches to teams in district.

I think Catholic is second and William Blount third? Farragut has the most talent but has lost to all of the stronger teams.

I don't see anybody beating AC or HV in their tournament but in the other district Catholic, Bearden,Farragut, William Blount, Heritage or Maryville could all win!

Biggest surprise is Bearden and William Blount. Both have had great years.

Biggest disappointment is Farragut and Karns. Neither really relevant this season.

Best players in Knoxville are a tie between the Libero at Hardin Valley and the setter at Bearden. The L at HV is fantastic. When she touches the ball things happen. She is the best hitter and server. I have never watched a defensive player control the game like her.

The Bearden setter has been a revelation. Their hitters are average at best but this setter has come from nowhere and makes them look fantastic. She can do anything. If she were on a team like Farragut which is loaded with hitters she would be shattering records.

Best all around team is a tie between AC and CAK. Both have no weak points, and all six players are pretty equal.

Dark Horse is William Blount.

Best Coaching is Mike Jones at Catholic. They have gotten better all year and beat teams with better athletes.

Announcements