Enrollment Numbers are out.

Omniscience

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this sticks! I would love to see Knoxville Grace Christian have to play Alcoa every year! icon_twisted.gif

If this happens, as I stated in the Grace/Greenback post, we wont have to wait by the phone for a call with a game date and Grace's fans wont have to worry about Greenback's schedule "being so weak" anymore. My score for this year would be Alcoa-42 and Grace-7.

I think it means regular season class. I looked back and there are several who jumped two playoff classes in the four-year period ending this year.

Boyd would do well in football but in their other sports they might get rolled over. Baseball could do fine in some seasons. If it turns out they would likely be Division II, I'd be on the phone to CCS, Notre Dame, Chattanooga Grace and Silverdale and see they want to join also. They'd be in a group with probably Knoxville Webb and King's Academy in football.

Boyd might be caught between a rock and a hard place with either move(IMHO). A move to 3A or Division II? For football they would sacrifice the wins they are accustomed to and the private school route would be more travel ( $$$$$) . If I were a betting man, I believe they might go private route even if they have to go to Knox!!

Someone should ask that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) to clarify on the website if the one class move limit in football is one playoff class, which I believe it is. When they voted to keep the modifier at 1.8, I believe the discussion was that they didn't want a team to get pushed up two football playoff classes.

Nobody knows, TSSAA will come out with it by month end. The number is set by them and has beem moved up and down many times.

With the way it is right know East Hamilton @ 1107 would move up and become the smallest 5A school. Not a bad thing IMO we are the largest 4A right now. The BCS has got nothing on the TSSAA.

Nobody knows, TSSAA will come out with it by month end. The number is set by them and has beem moved up and down many times.

Thanks, I keep seeing all these numbers and didn't know where they were coming from. I hope Lenoir City gets to stay 5A. I think they will at 1224 students. Thanks for the info.