kingston@cak

jacketfan82

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingston typically plays CAK tough. I know last year they hung in there very well until half time and then the wheels kind of came off. I expect Kingston to play very hard, but I think CAK will be very focused with J. Smith back for his first game and coming off a bye week. I could possibly see the Warriors needing a quarter or so to get fully in the groove offensively. It will also be interesting to see what changes or improvement CAK made defensively during the off time.

Kingston typically plays CAK tough. I know last year they hung in there very well until half time and then the wheels kind of came off. I expect Kingston to play very hard, but I think CAK will be very focused with J. Smith back for his first game and coming off a bye week. I could possibly see the Warriors needing a quarter or so to get fully in the groove offensively. It will also be interesting to see what changes or improvement CAK made defensively during the off time.

I posted my thoughts on FB's thread on this game, but I'll repost here in case this is the "official" thread:

CAK #25 will play just enough to get his groove back, but no more, so he'll be fresh and healthy for the trip to Lavergne and then to Alcoa in the following weeks.

I expect we'll also see more "beef" on the DL. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2, if not 3, of the starting OL in on DL, not necessarily the whole time, but more consistently than we've seen thus far, at least until the game seems under control. #63 and 72 have been getting a lot of reps on DL but I anticipate seeing the other OL getting into the DL action beginning with this game and going forward. I also expect to see #16 playing more D than he has thus far this year, probably at LB or some variation of a "rover" position.

CAK #12 put up great numbers in the last game against Scott but was a little less accurate than we're accustomed to (we're spoiled) seeing from him--missing high a little. I am confident that he'll be right back on the money after a couple of weeks to rest and zero in his rifle for this game.

Kingston had some very good athletes last year, and their coaching staff had put together a game plan that gave them the best chance to compete against CAK. Kingston was leading at halftime I think. A key feature on D was a delayed blitz that CAK's RB's didn't pick up consistently until after some halftime adjustments. A key feature of Kingston's game plan on O was a couple of trick plays that worked perfectly and burned CAK.

I suspect Kingston will need an equally good game plan and will have to execute it efficiently for 4 quarters this year instead of just 2 quarters like last year to hang with CAK.

Sorry, didn't mean to get another thread started, I just missed this one. I'll post on this one since it was the first started.

This was the game last year that I thought our defense came together as an entire unit rather than just individual play makers. Something happened to them at halftime and they came out in the second half and just shut Kingston down, which fired up the offense and away they went. From that point to Cookeville they were a very solid defense. Sure would like to see that happen again, because we are going to need it. I expect to see a sharp offensive performance from the Warriors with lots of points scored. Just hoping that the defense can come to life.

Is the Kingston QB really healthy and back from the shoulder injury?

•  

the qb is back,he played last week,we have had a couple kids quit,but your gonna have that with a new coach,it is a MUST that kingston keeps the chains going to keep the warriors offense off the field as much as possible,if not then its gonna be ugly,quick,but like ive stated before the future looks bright for kingston,a couple undefeated middle school teams coming up next yr,supposely cak is recruiting the rb for our middle school,at least from what his parents say,i cant blame cak,if he works hard at it he may be the best player to come out of kingston in a long time.