Polk hosts Sequoyah

Charlie Murphy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious, how does it help? Would it help set up the #1 seeds in quad 1 and 2, for CAK and Alcoa? Thought it would help that scenario if Sequoyah won the district? Help me understand

I believe it would most likely make Polk the only district champ in Quad 2, therefore an automatic #1 seed. CAK would be a #2 (Quad 2) seed and would travel to the #1 (Quad 1) seed Alcoa for the Semis.....Where as if Polk were a runner up, CAK would get the #1 (Quad 2) seed by virtue of more victories, and Alcoa would have to go to CAK for the Semis. Obviously the Alcoa fans are making alot of assumptions, good ones, but assumptions. Alcoa still has to beat CAK and both teams would have to make it to the semis. Is that it APB?

Edited by Charlie Murphy

I believe it would most likely make Polk the only district champ in Quad 2, therefore an automatic #1 seed. CAK would be a #2 (Quad 2) seed and would travel to the #1 (Quad 1) seed Alcoa for the Semis.....Where as if Polk were a runner up, CAK would get the #1 (Quad 2) seed by virtue of more victories, and Alcoa would have to go to CAK for the Semis. Obviously the Alcoa fans are making alot of assumptions, good ones, but assumptions. Alcoa still has to beat CAK and both teams would have to make it to the semis. Is that it APB?

ok, that makes sense, we are going to give our best shot to disappoint Alcoa fans, still a lot of football to be played. GO CHIEFS!!

I believe it would most likely make Polk the only district champ in Quad 2, therefore an automatic #1 seed. CAK would be a #2 (Quad 2) seed and would travel to the #1 (Quad 1) seed Alcoa for

the Semis.....Where as if Polk were a runner up, CAK would get the #1 (Quad 2) seed by virtue of more victories, and Alcoa would have to go to CAK for the Semis. Obviously the Alcoa fans are making alot of assumptions, good ones, but

assumptions. Alcoa still has to beat CAK and both teams would have to make it to the semis. Is that it APB?

Nailed it!

I actually think Polk will lose this game. Chiefs by 12

Polk has an uphill challenge with the loss of the starting QB. Wildcats are very solid on defense and will give up some underneath stuff but limit the Chiefs opportunities down the field. Polk will try to limit Sequoyah possessions with long time consuming drives. If Polk can limit Chief offensive touches, they stand a good chance. Game in Benton is a huge plus for the Wildcats. Sequoyah has traditionally not played well at Polk (as alot of others)..........If the Miller has 200 yards rushing. Polk wins. Sequoyah throws for over 200 yards, I think they win.