Big 8 - Week 8

voltnh

6 seed? That article is a bunch of crap. I guess they think DB will loose to the Toppers for the first time in 2 decades....with their most explosive team during that time

It's not even based on the outcome of that game Art. It is just tie breaking things as they stand right now....meaningless.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kreager is a knowledgeable writer, but pieces like this that zero in on "if the playoffs started today" are meaningless. The playoffs will depend on who wins games in weeks 8, 9 and 10. Therefore , unless one is predicting Science Hill to beat D-B, there is no way this can happen. Like I said , absolutely meaningless. Why publish?

Knowlegeable writer? Are you sure?

According to an article on CoachT, DB will be a 6 seed in quad 1 and travel bck to SC for a round 1 game. I guess the writer thinks that DB will lose to SH. Not sure how he thinks that will bump DB to a 6 seed or even why he thinks SH will beat DB. Pretty interesting article though.

Really doesn't matter what seed DB is or who they play in what round. To advance their going to have to win. I don't care if we have to play Maryville in the first round. If we advance gotta' play them somewhere down the road.

Really doesn't matter what seed DB is or who they play in what round. To advance their going to have to win. I don't care if we have to play Maryville in the first round. If we advance gotta' play them somewhere down the road.

True 'nuf. I agree. Road to the Boro is through Maryville, 1st round or whatever round. I just wish this game were in Kingsport so I could go.

And oh, btw, DB will not lose to Science Hill this year. Science Hill is greatly improved and will continue to improve, but it is unfortunate for the Toppers that this years' Indian team is better than most other years.

Edited by Pudding

True 'nuf. I agree. Road to the Boro is through Maryville, 1st round or whatever round. I just wish this game were in Kingsport so I could go.

And oh, btw, DB will not lose to Science Hill this year. Science Hill is greatly improved and will continue to improve, but it is unfortunate for the Toppers that this years' Indian team is better than most other years.

I agree that SH is greatly improved. Maybe the best SH team in 20 yrs or more. Don't know that they have the horses to defeat DB this year.

I agree that SH is greatly improved. Maybe the best SH team in 20 yrs or more. Don't know that they have the horses to defeat DB this year.

you place all the district winners first maryville, sevier co, db or science hill, oak ridge, mc minn co,then you place district second place bearden, science or db, jefferson county, so yes if db looses then will be a 6th seed, mc minn county moved to our quaud because nobody in the knoxville area has a winning record in 6a example farragut is 3-4 hardin valley 3-4 or 4-4, if everything holds to form nobody in our quad will have less than a 9-1 record

6 seed? That article is a bunch of crap. I guess they think DB will loose to the Toppers for the first time in 2 decades....with their most explosive team during that time

seeding Art is not based on how you "feel" about your team but their results and how the teams do that they play, SO IF WE LOSE TO SCIENCE HILL WE WILL HAVE NO HIGHER THAN A 6TH SEED, all district winners are placed first then your second place finishers are seeded, what you see on the tssaa site is use mainly for tie breaking measure and not just scrolling down and seeding

I agree that SH is greatly improved. Maybe the best SH team in 20 yrs or more. Don't know that they have the horses to defeat DB this year.ield

I agree Fit, I hate to say it. But, that's why they decide it on the field. First we need to take care of Volunteer tonight and Tennessee High next week. Two 9-0 teams going head to head for a conference championship and playoff seeding. WHAT AN ATMOSPHERE!

Boys, this is my last post on CoachT for a while, maybe a long while. I need to put my focus on my wife now as she fights this darn thing called Cancer. She has started the next battle and it is a tough one.

I do understand that if DB looses to SH (assuming both teams are 9-0) that the Indians would be a 6 seed. Wow...Quad 1 6A is going to be amazing and very tough to get out of.

In my opinion, there is little chance of that loss happening. Clark has his best team. IMO The DB DUO and Company will run flat over the Vikings tonight, Volunteer next Friday and the Toppers after that.

Good luck to everybody's favorite teams the rest of the season

If you guys are going to participate in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure next Saturday in Kingsport...please sign up for TEAM "MACY'S MOM"

Roll Tribe Roll

Boys, this is my last post on CoachT for a while, maybe a long while. I need to put my focus on my wife now as she fights this darn thing called Cancer. She has started the next battle and it is a tough one.

I do understand that if DB looses to SH (assuming both teams are 9-0) that the Indians would be a 6 seed. Wow...Quad 1 6A is going to be amazing and very tough to get out of.

In my opinion, there is little chance of that loss happening. Clark has his best team. IMO The DB DUO and Company will run flat over the Vikings tonight, Volunteer next Friday and the Toppers after that.

Good luck to everybody's favorite teams the rest of the season

If you guys are going to participate in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure next Saturday in Kingsport...please sign up for TEAM "MACY'S MOM"

Roll Tribe Roll

Praying for you ArtVandalay.