5A Quad 1 Projections after week 7

crawdad

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall know alot more about this than I do but I thought that you didn't play teams from your conference in the first round. Also how do you justify No. 1 and No. 2 with a 7-3 record in a conference getting a higher seed than a team that is 8-2 from a different conference but finished No. 3 in conference. I just can't see Boone getting penalized for finishing No. 3 in a conference with two 6a teams that finished 10-0 and 9-1 and ranked in state polls.

Yall know alot more about this than I do but I thought that you didn't play teams from your conference in the first round. Also how do you justify No. 1 and No. 2 with a 7-3 record in a conference getting a higher seed than a team that is 8-2 from a different conference but finished No. 3 in conference. I just can't see Boone getting penalized for finishing No. 3 in a conference with two 6a teams that finished 10-0 and 9-1 and ranked in state polls.

Who did Boone beat in the first round 2 years ago? Why would you think this based on that?

I think Crawdad has it right. however, if one of the teams winds up no. 2 in the district they get bumped up in seeding above all those who aren't 1 or 2. TSSAA will place teams from the same district against each other. If 5 or more teams from the same district make it in the same quad there really isn't a choice for them. You make a good point, but until they completely split the classes all year and make districts of equal numbers you're gonna have this issue.

Take a look at how White County vs. Warren County this week will affect playoffs and seedings this year.

It's a knee, but we don't know how bad yet. Sprained LCL, no tear. Dr. appointment on Wed. to confirm that. If they don't find any further damage, he could play Friday with a brace.

Good to hear ORK, thanks for the report. I was really impressed with him when we played West last year. I understand he just committed somewhere also. Very good news on all fronts.

If Mo West wins out and South Doyle loses 2 more conference games, Mo West would finish 2nd in the IMAC or If SD beats Jeff and avoids an upset from Seymour, they would finish #2 in the IMAC

Good point. I guess South-Doyle and / or Mo-West still have a realistic shot at that #2 in-district seeding.