Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale is Fine....over the past 21 years a Nashville-Murfreesboro area team has been in the state championship game of the largest division 18 times. Many of them south-east of Nashville via Riverdale, Smyrna...These teams have won the gold ball 13 of those 21 times. Yes Maryville has done well in the large division the past 3 years but they will not win every year. Still a long way to go in this football season.

Swommy...... Mairvul don't haiv 225 footbawl playurs (yet)......Eye werkin' on hitt tho....

Pluss peepull say these twoishun kids come fer footbawl......huh!!!....Tha garbige servuss hear iz furst rait.....and haz swayed minny a footbawl stewdunt.....And 3 sangull A skools inn Mairvul wood bee silly......

And now wif GQ's new carpit...Build hitt and thay will come...

STARS nevur winns a thred...........popcorneater.gif

Edited by STARSNBARS

What I find funny about the Maryville tuition arguement is that when we are winning golds balls it isn't much of an arguement at all. As far as Riverdale goes, it is a strange feeling being on this side of the street isn't it? One slightly down year and out with the coach. I know you guys are use to state tilte runs. Most teams would love to have the "down" year you are having. Your program has produced 9 wins or more for the last ten years and more (except for 2008 5-5). Last year you were one win away from a title game with your QB sidelined with a knee injury. It is not as bad as you make it to be. I can see it now when they ask coach A why he got fired as head coach. His answer will be ----I came up short. All I did was win 9 or more games a year and make it deep into the playoffs every year. Never could get the program turned around.

Edited by milo118

Somebody from Maryville go to the school and get the true figures and post them on here and stop all this arguing back and forth.

I give Maryville their due but prove it , post it and shut everybody up! By you due I mean you whipped us and I am a believer, just prove it

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Why let the truth get in the way of a good argument.

Ted Wilson invented cheating...carry on. stirpot.gif

What I find funny about the Maryville tuition arguement is that when we are winning golds balls it isn't much of an arguement at all. As far as Riverdale goes, it is a strange feeling being on this side of the street isn't it? One slightly down year and out with the coach. I know you guys are use to state tilte runs. Most teams would love to have the "down" year you are having. Your program has produce 9 wins or more for the last ten years and more (except for 2008 5-5). Last year you were one win away from a title game with your QB sidelined with a knee injury. It is not as bad as you make it to be. I can see it now when they ask coach A why he got fired as head coach. His answer will be ----I came up short. All I did was win 9 or more games a year and make it deep into the playoffs every year. Never could get the program turned around.

If it was just ONE down year it would not make me mad. Under the current HC R'dale missed the playoffs for the first time in 20 years. He was 5-5 that season. Now as to why I am frustrated look at the 10-15 years BEFORE the current HC. There was a run of like 6 years where we were in the title game like 6 straight years. Before that it was like every other year.

There was 4 Gold Balls in like 12 years, with a bunch of Silver ones to go along with them. Two of those Gold Ball years we were 15-0! R'dale was known for two main things, DEFENSE and multiple lines both on offense and defense so we always had fresh legs in there. Take the very first game that was played on Siegel's new field. R'dale was playing its third string BEFORE halftime! 4th and 5th strings got playing time in that game. Now we NEVER see the reserves as we have WAY to many playing both ways and continuos as the current HC does NOT have backups ready.

The team has NO discipline. HC is too busy being a 'buddy' rather than being a coach. Now he has FINALLY gotten some good assistants, but look how long it took.

There is a world of difference in a 4a Metro Nashville school that was getting the cream of the crop the privates didn't get and 6A team that was week after week in the football wars at the highest level. Take a look at his 5 year playoff record vs 10 years of Rankins. While I did not get along with Rankin as a person, he did know how to assemble a great staff that WORKED!!!!!

To the one who is whining 'it ain't so bad', I hope you have your resume ready for after this season if you do not wake up the team and get RESULTS!