Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

I would to, but unless the current coaching staff wakes up the team it will be here much BEFORE any of us wants it.

To many folks say do not put pressure on the staff as they are doing their best. Unfortunately their best does not appear to get the job done.

Like I said, time to either step up or step aside.

LOD is just angry because this administration & staff refuse to give him free tickets.

He is really an Oakland fan but refuses to bash them because some of their coaching staff

are from Rankins old Riverdale staff. By the way how is the old Riverdale staff doing this year?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would to, but unless the current coaching staff wakes up the team it will be here much BEFORE any of us wants it.

To many folks say do not put pressure on the staff as they are doing their best. Unfortunately their best does not appear to get the job done.

Like I said, time to either step up or step aside.

LOD, would you take Rankin back?

LOD is just angry because this administration & staff refuse to give him free tickets.

He is really an Oakland fan but refuses to bash them because some of their coaching staff

are from Rankins old Riverdale staff. By the way how is the old Riverdale staff doing this year?

Actually members of the 'Old Staff' are doing pretty good. The Head Coaches of BOTH Oakland and Siegel are from the old R'dale staff. As to 'free tickets' after hitting the lottery for over $150,000.00+ a few years ago I do not sweat a lousy $8-10 ticket.

Jake, to be honest not NO, but HECK NO! While he is a good coach it is all about HIM and not the kids. If you check I think you will find he still bans College Scouts at his practices. He also is notorious about NOT telling his players about the NCAA Clearing House and insisting his players keep their grades up. The only ones he worries about is his starters and it is miraculous how they 'find' C's and above. I also would NOT stand for the so and so school wants me so where is my under the table bonus. I can't PROVE that, but if I could I would be the first at my old work place at the IRS turning the evidence over.

The person I would pick WAS on the old staff though. I am not in charge of that so it wastes time even thinking about it.

If you check I think you will find he still bans College Scouts at his practices. He also is notorious about NOT telling his players about the NCAA Clearing House and insisting his players keep their grades up. The only ones he worries about is his starters and it is miraculous how they 'find' C's and above.

None of this is true.

While John Reid was at Alcoa we had plenty of D1 talent that did not get into school.

Since GR has arrived, we have not had a single kid not qualify. (I am not sure if Sykes played for Rankin or not, dont feel like looking it up) Coaches are at Alcoa quite often and are given the info that they need.

Maybe this was the case at the Dale, but that would not work at Alcoa.

I am not a big Rankin defender, but you are way off base, at least now, on this.

Actually members of the 'Old Staff' are doing pretty good. The Head Coaches of BOTH Oakland and Siegel are from the old R'dale staff. As to 'free tickets' after hitting the lottery for over $150,000.00+ a few years ago I do not sweat a lousy $8-10 ticket.

Jake, to be honest not NO, but HECK NO! While he is a good coach it is all about HIM and not the kids. If you check I think you will find he still bans College Scouts at his practices. He also is notorious about NOT telling his players about the NCAA Clearing House and insisting his players keep their grades up. The only ones he worries about is his starters and it is miraculous how they 'find' C's and above. I also would NOT stand for the so and so school wants me so where is my under the table bonus. I can't PROVE that, but if I could I would be the first at my old work place at the IRS turning the evidence over.

The person I would pick WAS on the old staff though. I am not in charge of that so it wastes time even thinking about it.

LOD , I can't help but think that you have such a personal grudge against Rankin that it really won't let you judge him very fairly .

Rankin has brought nothing but good things to Alcoa , the discipline that he instills in those young men are going to help all of them for the rest of their lives . You and Rankin just didn't mesh , but you really have to admit that the man is a great Coach that does a lot of good for the young men that he's around . As a Maryville fan I will admit I now have a lot more respect for Alcoa because Rankin has brought them the discipline and toughness that they sometimes didn't have before he showed up .

LOD, i think you need to find a new hobby. I don't think your going to be happy with any coach. all this worry couldn't be good for your health.It doesn't matter who you follow, there will be good years and bad years. this hasn't been to bad of a year for riverdale. they have had the injury bug bite them but are working hard to get those players replaced.they still have the talent to make a run. i think camping would be a much better hobby for you, alot less stress.

LOD, i think you need to find a new hobby. I don't think your going to be happy with any coach. all this worry couldn't be good for your health.It doesn't matter who you follow, there will be good years and bad years. this hasn't been to bad of a year for riverdale. they have had the injury bug bite them but are working hard to get those players replaced.they still have the talent to make a run. i think camping would be a much better hobby for you, alot less stress.

Ahh.... the 'designated defender' has been heard from. I do go camping quite often thank you......and in a tent and not in a rolling home with air conditioning.

For the record I have always said that mine and Coach R personalities clashed. I freely admit I can be one of the worlds biggest horses...ah.....tail in the world. The discipline he insists on is one of the things I liked when he was here. If he allows scouts now I am also truely glad about. I do ask that y'all let the kids know about the NCAA clearing house though. Many of the kids that 'might' have been offered a scholarship is killed by grades and not being registered on time. Never said they would all be SEC type offers, but schools like Tech, and Cumberland are always looking for in state players. You all did notice Rankin got HIS son a full ride at Tech I hope. Was he that much better than other kids that played with him?

That all being said, has the coaching staff checked to see if the team is awake this week? As to the injuries, how many are there due to weak conditioning?

i don't think the injuries can be blamed on conditioning. coach dobbs works them boys hard in the weight room.its hard to blame an acl tear on conditioning when your knee gets hit and bent wrong way. there is something going on with this generation on knee injuries. back in the day you didn't here of so many knee problems. it was mostly broken bones.

i don't think the injuries can be blamed on conditioning. coach dobbs works them boys hard in the weight room.its hard to blame an acl tear on conditioning when your knee gets hit and bent wrong way. there is something going on with this generation on knee injuries. back in the day you didn't here of so many knee problems. it was mostly broken bones.

How much is the team run nowadays? I ask as the 'running the snake' was not just a punishment as much as it was a conditioning drill to stregthen legs and knees. For that matter I have not seen the team running much of anywhere lately.

Strength and CONDITIONING is not just a weight room exercise.

Details, Details, DETAILS!!!!!!!!!