Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

Hey LOD, sorry to hear your giving up on the boys. Sounds like your going against what you preach, quiting. By the way, what team are you talking about following where the coaches want to win. Must be another county, because riverdale has the best winning percent in this county, and thats counting Coach A. You wouldn't happen to have some Xtra large in some of those clothes, just asking.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey LOD, sorry to hear your giving up on the boys. Sounds like your going against what you preach, quiting. By the way, what team are you talking about following where the coaches want to win. Must be another county, because riverdale has the best winning percent in this county, and thats counting Coach A. You wouldn't happen to have some Xtra large in some of those clothes, just asking.

NEVER giving up on the kids. What I am thru with is the BS Coaching staff currently in place.

Sizes run from Xlge to XXlge. When I bought them I was 6'4", 275 pounds. While most are T-shirt types with short sleeves, there is some long sleeve stuff also. Even have one turtleneck to wear to December games. You know like the ones I went to ALL FOUR YEARS my son played there. The only thing I am keeping is the hand knitted scarf my deceased Mother made me. There is one really nice R'dale stadium chair also that works with our metal stands that has a two inch padded bottom and back.

NEVER giving up on the kids. What I am thru with is the BS Coaching staff currently in place.

Sizes run from Xlge to XXlge. When I bought them I was 6'4", 275 pounds. While most are T-shirt types with short sleeves, there is some long sleeve stuff also. Even have one turtleneck to wear to December games. You know like the ones I went to ALL FOUR YEARS my son played there. The only thing I am keeping is the hand knitted scarf my deceased Mother made me. There is one really nice R'dale stadium chair also that works with our metal stands that has a two inch padded bottom and back.

Hang in there LOD, it will get better.

Hang in there LOD, it will get better.

OK, but HOW?

For seven years now we have been told "Next year, the Gold Ball", or other fairy tales like my favorite, "Just wait until he gets HIS system fully in there".

Now we have the current year when a BUNCH of folks besides R'dale fans thought we would actually be a power to contend with this year. What do we have? A good chance to get into the playoffs IF we can win out. Can we? I honestly do not know. This week we have Cookeville and that is a team that has wanted to beat us for a number of years. Right now I will bet their Coach is telling them how wounded and weak we are and this year is their chance to slay the giant.

The week after that is the 'Battle of the Boro' so you can throw out the records.

Coach a 5 and 5 season is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, but HOW?

For seven years now we have been told "Next year, the Gold Ball", or other fairy tales like my favorite, "Just wait until he gets HIS system fully in there".

Now we have the current year when a BUNCH of folks besides R'dale fans thought we would actually be a power to contend with this year. What do we have? A good chance to get into the playoffs IF we can win out. Can we? I honestly do not know. This week we have Cookeville and that is a team that has wanted to beat us for a number of years. Right now I will bet their Coach is telling them how wounded and weak we are and this year is their chance to slay the giant.

The week after that is the 'Battle of the Boro' so you can throw out the records.

Coach a 5 and 5 season is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Well LOD if you are not going to follow Riverdale anymore how about coming back home to the Bulldogs? I know we are in worse shape than Riverdale but maybe you can make an exception. We could use a few more people in the stands these days. I will by the first box of popcorn.

thumb[1].gif

Edited by milo118

i guess every coach in the county should be fired, because they have all went 5-5. we didnt hear all this last year when we were 10-0, but we also never heard what a good job they have done. there will be ups and downs with every team in county these days. not as fortunate to be a maryville and get most of the talent in the county. our county has rules. only Oakland is allowed to recruit and we see that hasn't got them any more wins than the other teams.

not as fortunate to be a maryville and get most of the talent in the county. our county has rules.

I'm sorry, but that's just not correct. Maryville and Alcoa are BOTH in Blount County, along with two other large 6A schools. So it's not at all accurate to say that Maryville does not have to share most of the talent in Blount County.

LOD, it isn't too bad at Riverdale. Just look at Gallatin. They are probably going to wind up 3-7 for the first time since 73'. At least we did beat Hendersonville though.

3-7 or WORSE is where we are headed with this coach. I never thought I would see a 5-5 R'dale team, but he showed it to me a couple of years ago. I am sure you noticed we did NOT beat Hendersonville.

Daisy, just relax. Your job is secure for at least another year.

Smyrna is Smyrna. Teams will go up and down. That is their role in football life. The two Championships Sonny Gray and Coach Robbins delivered were something to behold. I will give Shad credit for being smart enough to get out of Coach Robbins way and let him call the offense. While I will always be a Smyrna Alum and supporter, it is a little far to drive for this old man to drive now.