District 14 A

volfan007

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Angelos of Greenfield may turn people off because he can be loud and demonstrative, but he is the best coach in the district if all things are equal. He has had one or two really good players each year over the past five years, but his overall talent pales in comparison to Lake County, Humboldt, and Union City. Not at all to demean the players at Greenfield, but in just pure athletic and basketball ability, I would like to see what the coaches of the powerhouse schools could match or do better than Coach Angelos.

Coach Angelos of Greenfield may turn people off because he can be loud and demonstrative, but he is the best coach in the district if all things are equal. He has had one or two really good players each year over the past five years, but his overall talent pales in comparison to Lake County, Humboldt, and Union City. Not at all to demean the players at Greenfield, but in just pure athletic and basketball ability, I would like to see what the coaches of the powerhouse schools could match or do better than Coach Angelos.

Jackets have hands-down the most-vauable player in 14A in Mr. Tony Robinson, he alone is the straw that stirs the drink for Greenfield. No one in 14A is close to being as important to their team as Robinson.

I'm sorry but coach sisco is a good coach he comes from a great background his father led uc to three state titles and he has led uc to two more so he is doing something right not trying to start anything but it is only half way through the season but until greenfield can put up numbers like that don't be calling him a bad coach.

Crouse and Robinson are the straws that stir the Jackets. Crouse does so many things...handles the ball, makes great passes, drives to the hoop...scores and gets fouled, great defense, hustles constantly.....he's a very good player beyond just the points he scores.

Robinson also hustles like crazy....can score a lot of points....handles the ball well....plays good defense.

I agree that these 2 young men are huge keys in Greenfield winning. And, if they stay healthy, then Greenfield has a good chance of going far this year. BUT, what we have this year, to go along with Crouse and Robinson are 3 big fellas down low....Lannom, Hoke, and Cavitt. They are tall and strong, and they get after it underneath the basket...Lannom is a strong kid that comes to play every night, and he will not back down.....Cavitt is just a sophomore, and has such talent that he could take over a game, IF he'll get more aggressive and realize just how talented he is. But, a big key to us winning is a player, who doesnt get a lot of press...Zack Grooms.....Zack is one of those kids, who just hustles, and fights, and wants to win...he dives for the loose balls...hits a 3 every now and then....fights for rebounds....may be one of our best defensive players....and, he just makes everyone else get fired up and want to play harder.....

I'm excited about this YellowJacket team, as yall can see. If we stay healthy, we have a legitimate chance of going to the state.

Edited by volfan007

Halliday, Go back and read the post. He doesn't call Sisco a bad coach. What he is saying is that Pete is winning despite not having the athletes and pure talent that UC and Humboldt have had. Thats what the all things being equal comment means. You give all the teams in the same district the same amount of talent, Pete wins just as much as the next guy.

And my two cents, it would be hard to lose 1A ball with those two teams that UC had regardless of coaching.

Halliday, Go back and read the post. He doesn't call Sisco a bad coach. What he is saying is that Pete is winning despite not having the athletes and pure talent that UC and Humboldt have had. Thats what the all things being equal comment means. You give all the teams in the same district the same amount of talent, Pete wins just as much as the next guy.

And my two cents, it would be hard to lose 1A ball with those two teams that UC had regardless of coaching.

Good post