Campbell County vs Powell

Space3

Well said, SS. Give CC a lot of credit, they played hard for 48 minutes, and deserved to win this game. Powell looked flat as a pancake for 47 minutes, until Devin Scott blocked the potential game-winning field goal, and Durel Middleton returned it ~70 yards for a TD.

Powell's defense actually played pretty well (CC only had ~180 total yards), but it was the Panther offense that looked completely lost. I'm hoping that this was just a case of a team looking ahead to Central or that the Panthers thought they could show up to collect a W. Fortunately, they found a way to get it done.

My thoughts exactly. I thought before the game when were really getting down to the pregame music that we may have a long night. I even told my wife that wasn't a good sign, imo.The only thing that concerned me about the d was the way CC was able to move the ball and chew the clock on those select drives. The penalties were bothersome as well.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said all of you. I had to work last night but was able to watch the game on my work computer. I was also talking to some of my friends who were at the game. They said that CC had gotten 3 players back that have been out for injuries, 2 of them all season. They said it really improved their defense. I thought it was a well played game by CC in all aspects. Powell lost their composure a bit on the last drive and it almost cost them the game. As you all have said, Powell may have been looking ahead or whatever, but CC played a good game too. Remember last years score was like 63-13 or something.. Now SS, why dont you guys rest a bunch of players that last game and let CC get a win over OR for once? Also, I think AC is getting better each week and shouldnt lose another game, although Clinton will be a war. All you Powell guys are a class act, you act like youve won a few games before.

Well said all of you. I had to work last night but was able to watch the game on my work computer. I was also talking to some of my friends who were at the game. They said that CC had gotten 3 players back that have been out for injuries, 2 of them all season. They said it really improved their defense. I thought it was a well played game by CC in all aspects. Powell lost their composure a bit on the last drive and it almost cost them the game. As you all have said, Powell may have been looking ahead or whatever, but CC played a good game too. Remember last years score was like 63-13 or something.. Now SS, why dont you guys rest a bunch of players that last game and let CC get a win over OR for once? Also, I think AC is getting better each week and shouldnt lose another game, although Clinton will be a war. All you Powell guys are a class act, you act like youve won a few games before.

Yeah, i dont think we will do that CC lol We want a district title lol

One of the most exciting games I have been to. Campbell County was well-prepared and had an excellent game plan. Both defenses played well enough, but the offenses were inconsistent - though CC probably looked better most of the game. We were fortunate to win. That Powell was able to bend but not break in the second half and hold CC scoreless was, needless to say, the big difference. Congratulations to both teams.