South Pittsburg against Polk (Grider against this Davis man)

Roy Dillard

Just watched the Boyd replay. Didn't do any better tonight than we did last night. One thing I keep telling myself is that the #1 team in 2A beat us by only two touchdowns.

all these folks badmouthing the. Boys about being physical and not winning but i believe if i am correct they scored twice in the second half and Buccs scored once and not because the resereves were in. I was kind of pleased with the second half however i think the frustration here is Everybody on the thread tbat seen the game knows that they the whole team could have done better but the way the first qtr went it seemed as if the coaches nor the players were prepared. However as i indicated above the second half of second qtr and the complete second half proved different. I hope this week SP gets there head out of there butt and and play football for all 60 minutes or four complete qtrs or them there polk folks gonna do worse than the buccs! Edited by CHICKENDAVE

Offense is controlled by line play...BB whooped ya'lls line..........but not as bad as Gville will.

Slim shady that just might be tbe case but you and ambassador can go have lunch together and talk about Gordy all you want because playing like we played we may not even meet up. And until we do go play in your sand box and quit hating. Our line was manhandeled like nobody's business for qtr one. On top of stupid mistakes in qtr 1 and a half. Thats where the game was won. So just go ahead and assume and overlook that works for me.

all these folks badmouthing the. Boys about being physical and not winning but i believe if i am correct they scored twice in the second half and Buccs scored once and not because the resereves were in. I was kind of pleased with the second half however i think the frustration here is Everybody on the thread tbat seen the game knows that they could have done better but the coaches nor the players were prepared. I hope this week we get our head out of our butt and play football or them there polk folks gonna do worse than the buccs!

I don't post or say much on here but I will this time. Most people have NO CLUE of the work and preparation that goes into each week. The coaches and team were prepared for this game. Boyd didn't do anything we didn't prepare for the last two weeks. Everyone has the answer don't they? Whatever.

I don't post or say much on here but I will this time. Most people have NO CLUE of the work and preparation that goes into each week. The coaches and team were prepared for this game. Boyd didn't do anything we didn't prepare for the last two weeks. Everyone has the answer don't they?((:u Whatever.

Man your all over me here! Piss poor wording on my part i should thjnk sometimes before posting and not shortcut my thoughts so i went back and made an edit and elaborated a bit. My bad! I guess us wannabe know it all coaches who sit in the stands one night a week for a couple hours think we do.lol- they ( some of the skilled)just look so confused with not knowing where to line up a good part of the first half muffing the kickoff? Coaches for SP rule so if they by chance read this dont take it personal- my goodness were just abunch of bored folks looking for something to do until the next Friday njght.Bashing you guys when you lose or beating our chest when you win.lol By the way congrats on the win last night.lol GOOD LUCK IN THE HARVEST BOWL Edited by CHICKENDAVE

Eventually we will get to discussing Polk vs S Pitt, but while y'all are hating on one of the best coaches in TN history, Charlie will give you more fuel. I found it very surprising on Oct 5 as I sat in the visitors stands at Signal Mt, to look up and see the Griders taking in the Polk vs SM game. I would imagine they didn't figure they would see anything at the Boyd vs Unaka game and they would get film to0. But with all this talk of unpreparedness, I thought y'all might want to know this. Maybe y'all will run him off. I'm sure alot of places would love to have him.

We have good coaches. A lot of people want to over react. At the end of the day it comes down to the players. The coaches can call some good plays but if there is one missed block or one missed tackle or somebody takes one play off then that play will probably fail and people will blame the coaches when in fact its the players. We need 11 players on the field that are all on the same page and work towards the ultimate goal.....A win!....Not about stats, not about who gets the most carries or who has the most touchdowns or tackles...At the end of the day the only thing that matters are wins and losses. This pirates season is not doomed like some are making it out to be. Still some football left to play. Go pirates.

Old Pirate says the Pirates will have their hands full with the Wildcats. This feud is usually hard fought with each having respect for their opponent. SP speed against a bigger team with RBs that have size & good speed. OP figures Polk will bring quality hard nosed running attack & the Pirate D will be asked to slow & contain serval big backs. Hopefully the OL will play to full capacity & provide running lanes and ample time to help out the passing game. GO PIRATES....looking forward to the visit up there with them Goat breeding folkes....LOPAO.....

I don't post or say much on here but I will this time. Most people have NO CLUE of the work and preparation that goes into each week. The coaches and team were prepared for this game. Boyd didn't do anything we didn't prepare for the last two weeks. Everyone has the answer don't they? Whatever.

The Pirate offensive line got manhandled Friday night. Are you saying they were prepared to be manhandled? The defense played pretty good, not real good but pretty good. The problem is that when they forced Boyd to punt, they either muffed it, tripped on themselves running the ball or fumbled it. The backs had next to no blocking. The impressive thing about the game is the fact the boys were still in the game!

Polk will be tough up there like always but the boys can win it.

Figure a feller that has ever been whipped knows ain't preparation for cept experiencing it. OP jest don't feel the OL plays with a high intensity knowing they have good play makers in the back field. OP stated previously in posts the OL do more watching than blocking.....! Simple Truth....

Edited by OLD PIRATE