Milan @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

I want my Chargers to win and I have confidence in their ability to do so. But, consider the fact that Milan beat us in 2003. We still played in the State Championship Game that year (losing to Fulton).

This game is not the end of the world either way. The winner and the loser will still have a chance to advance in the 3A and 4A playoffs. Our goal of a State Championship will still be out there, win or lose. Winning the District or not will not define anybody's season. The loser can still do just fine, thank you.

Kick the ball off and may the best team win. I am not going to try to convince anybody ahead of time that we will win. Let the players do our talking on the field. If Milan wins, I will wish them good luck and get ready to face Ripley the following week.

I want my Chargers to win and I have confidence in their ability to do so. But, consider the fact that Milan beat us in 2003. We still played in the State Championship Game that year (losing to Fulton).

This game is not the end of the world either way. The winner and the loser will still have a chance to advance in the 3A and 4A playoffs. Our goal of a State Championship will still be out there, win or lose. Winning the District or not will not define anybody's season. The loser can still do just fine, thank you.

Kick the ball off and may the best team win. I am not going to try to convince anybody ahead of time that we will win. Let the players do our talking on the field. If Milan wins, I will wish them good luck and get ready to face Ripley the following week.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Well said Chargerfan. I am going to be completely honest and not try to be a homer here. Covington will be the best team Milan has played this year. Likewise, Milan will be the best team Covington has played. This game will be a war. For Milan, Arkel Coleman is the man. He is an absolute BEAST!!! He is #29...watch him.... you will be impressed. He plays both offense and defense. Also, I look forward to seeing Williams play for Covington. I saw him as a sophmore and was impressed with his ability. Didn't get to see him last year as he was injured.

I will not dispute that he will probably be the fastest player on the field Friday. The only thing that I will argue is total team speed. I have no doubt that Covington has a tremendous amount of total team speed. However, this Milan team is a very experienced group with a ton of deep round playoff experience under their belt. These boys have seen teams with loads of team speed many times before and I think they will be ready. Can they stop it??? I don't know.

The key will be can they contain it enough to get the win. They have done it many times before. I just hope they can do it again.

As for Milan being "down"..... I will admit this is probably not the same Milan team of the last 5 years or so. However, they have alot of size on both lines... some big hitters at LB.... some playmakers on offense..... great special teams with a kicker that has hit from 46yds out this year..... great coaching with lots of big game experience...... and players with alot of big game experience. Do I think they will win??? It will be very tough. Do I think they can win??? Yes... and they will give Covington all they want for 4qtrs. Looking forward to a great game!! And to the poster that said Milan is "down" because they already have a Lose... I promise you S. Gibson don't want to see us again!!! Much respect for Covington players and fans. See ya on Friday!!!!

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Milan is not up to usual Milan standards. At least not yet anyway. The QB has been like a sawed off shotgun, spraying passes all over he place. Until last week, he was all over the place. Milan's line could not beat SGC. SGC is much improved, but for Milan to compete with the bigger faster schools, gotta take care of SGC. Milan's D could not stop SGC or Huntingdon consistently. A team with Covington's speed will break a couple. If Milan gets behind and has to throw the ball, Covington will pick off a couple and 1 will probably be a pick 6. If Milan has it this year, they better bring it this week.

Milan couldn't stop S. Gibson's offense consistently?? Did you watch the game??? S. Gibson's offense had 0 points and 58yds total offense thru the first 4qtrs. They opened the game with a kick off return for a score and didn't put any more points on the board til the 4th. They put together 2 drives in the 4th to win the game. Milan's D was dominant for the first three qtrs. Since that game we have had a 3yr starting D lineman come back after missing the first 5 games. He is about 6'1 270lbs and is a monster. S. Gibson would have continued to have trouble moving the ball in the 4th had he been able to play that game. However, I give them all the credit... they did what they had to do to win the game. Just don't think it is an accurate statement for someone to say we couldn't stop them consistently.

Heck he probably won't get the ball in his hands but 4 or 5 times this game?. He very rarely runs the ball out of the backfield and Covington does not throw very often as everyone is aware of? I'm not saying that he's the sole reason why Covington will win or lose this game.He's the "best athlete in the southeast, and only gets the ball in his hands 4 or 5 times a game" ? Why is that? Perhaps it would clarify things if someone posted his statsfor 2012 thus far--carries, yards, yards per carry, catches, receiving yards, yards after catch, and, defensively...tackles, interceptions, punt returns and other special teams stats. I've watched Covington in 2 games, including the Dyersburg game when Covington was shut out for a half, and I did not notice him. Also, there was a reference by someone on this board that Williams is placing baseball for Ole Miss. What does that mean?

Edited by Augielio

Heck he probably won't get the ball in his hands but 4 or 5 times this game?. He very rarely runs the ball out of the backfield and Covington does not throw very often as everyone is aware of? I'm not saying that he's the sole reason why Covington will win or lose this game.He's the "best athlete in the southeast, and only gets the ball in his hands 4 or 5 times a game" ? Why is that? Perhaps it would clarify things if someone posted his statsfor 2012 thus far--carries, yards, yards per carry, catches, receiving yards, yards after catch, and, defensively...tackles, interceptions, punt returns and other special teams stats. I've watched Covington in 2 games, including the Dyersburg game when Covington was shut out for a half, and I did not notice him. Also, there was a reference by someone on this board that Williams is placing baseball for Ole Miss. What does that mean?

When you have a future in baseball like he does, the coaching staff is trying to protect him from injury, which he has been suspect to during his time in high school. Trust me I've asked plenty of times why he is not involved more in the offense, and this is what I have been told. It's really crazy that he's playing at all. It was first thought that he would not play to keep him from injury.

He was not too involved early in the year, but recently he has been becoming more and more involved in the offense. Wouldn't expect him to get more than 10 touches in the game Friday, but if he got more it wouldn't suprise me.

I stated that he was going to play baseball at Ole Miss just to show another poster how good of an athlete he was, since they were questioning this. But enough about Williams. There are plenty of other chargers that will be key in the win or loss of the game. Starting with the offensive and defensive lines of the chargers. They will all have to step up and play their best game of the year if the chargers want to have a chance.

Milan couldn't stop S. Gibson's offense consistently?? Did you watch the game??? S. Gibson's offense had 0 points and 58yds total offense thru the first 4qtrs. They opened the game with a kick off return for a score and didn't put any more points on the board til the 4th. They put together 2 drives in the 4th to win the game. Milan's D was dominant for the first three qtrs. Since that game we have had a 3yr starting D lineman come back after missing the first 5 games. He is about 6'1 270lbs and is a monster. S. Gibson would have continued to have trouble moving the ball in the 4th had he been able to play that game. However, I give them all the credit... they did what they had to do to win the game. Just don't think it is an accurate statement for someone to say we couldn't stop them consistently.

Yes I watched the game. You are correct in your 58 yds, etc. Yes you are correct Milan has a key player back. My point is Milan has not played that well YET consistently. Are they improving, yes. Milan was worn out in the 4th qtr vs SGC and could not stop the long drive when it counted. Milan could not score in the red zone vs SGC. just not sure they are ready for Covington yet. Milan misses the speed and athletisim of Finch & Belew. But are doing a good job with what they have. Just not up to par yet. Typically this is the time of year when they kick it in gear. To handle Covington, they better. Will SGC stand a chance in the playoffs should Milan play them again, NO way.

If there are not enough seats in the visitors stands can someone save me a seat

On the home side. It will just be me and momma, I'll be wearing a purple cowboy hat,

white shirt, purple skinny jeans, and white cowboy boots. Momma will have on

Her favorite Bulldog shirt, Bulldog ear rings, Bulldog purse, Bulldog hat, and big

Purple fuzzy house shoes. We promise not to get to loud and momma will keep the barking

down to a minimum.

And FsuNoles, don't be trying to make a pass at momma, you ain't her type.