Milan @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

well , well ,augiello you come back to support dyersburg when they start winning. you probably didn't see the williams kid catch 2-3 passes against dyersburg including a touchdown , probably because you were watching henry county. well , i did , he is a great player , i noticed in other games he didnt touch the ball but they had 2 people trying to cover him , he takes the attention of 2 players or he will beat you. i am a dyersburg supporter and hope we have another chance to play covington. coach stowe and the trojans have been getting better since the beginning , i was pretty hard on them early in the season. augeillo you are a disgruntled fan and a "homer" , support our district teams and be a fan.

I don't know who you are or how long you have watched football, but I have been a Trojan coach, statistician, and supporter for nearly 50 years, have most likely watched more Trojan games than you have or will. What legitimate right (other than being able to hide behind an avatar) do you have to criticize my loyalty? I have seen Dyersburg play 3 times this season (Covington, Trenton, Crockett County). I always pull for them; Stowe and his staff have done an excellent job. I, too, doubt that the Trojans can beat Covington.

As for Williams' prowess, I would only comment that I have seen Covington twice this season. (For the most part, both opponents played zone coverage, not man-to-man, common defense against Wing T teams.

I have been to 3 Henry County games this season and look forward to following them in the playoffs. Each Friday night, I select what I think will be the best game in West Tennessee and attend. For 20 years, I kept statistics for Dyersburg. That was long enough. I put in my time.

90 % of the time, this was an honor and satisfaction (and the pay was not good !). But it was also time-consuming work. I resent being called a turncoat by someone like you

(Wallace Milam)

Edited by Augielio

So, as I understand it this game will decide the #1, #2, and #3 spots in the District. Assuming that all three of the top teams win in week 10, then if Covington wins the rankings are:

1. Covington

2. South Gibson

3. Milan

If Milan wins, the results are:

1. South Gibson

2. Milan

3. Covington

Does that sum it up?

So, as I understand it this game will decide the #1, #2, and #3 spots in the District. Assuming that all three of the top teams win in week 10, then if Covington wins the rankings are:

1. Covington

2. South Gibson

3. Milan

1. South Gibson

2. Milan

3. Covington

Does that sum it up?

My oh my.......if Milan wins the Covington fans tears will flood the Mississippi.

My oh my.......if Milan wins the Covington fans tears will flood the Mississippi.

lol...Not hardly...but if we dont get deep into the playoffs you might see a few disgruntled fans. Our main goal is the state championship and to play as well as we can each game.If we can make milan another notch on our belt that will make the trip that much sweeter roflol.gif

1. Covington

2. South Gibson

3. Milan

1. South Gibson

2. Milan

3. Covington

Does that sum it up?

Chargerfan.... you are close but not completely correct.

If Milan were to lose to Covington....

1. Covington

2. S. Gibson

3. Dyersburg

4. Milan

This is assuming all of these teams win their 10th game. Dyersburg would only have 1 district loss and Milan would have 2.

Murphy Fair shows Johnston White as 5th in the state in rushing. Data below from that website shows him averaging 180 yard per game, and with 15 TDs so far this year. He as been nominated as 4A Back of the Year.

Johnston White Covington 8 139 1440 10.4 180.0 15

Past that, I do think you have to get the info from the coaching staff. Commercial Appeal evidently does not keep cumulative stats on us because we are outside Shelby Metro.

Note: I believe that the above rushing total does not show his 127 yards against Obion County last week. See post #101 in this thread for a box score on last week's game.

Thanks, Chargerfan. I pride myself on doing my homework when talking to coaches, but I've had absolutely zero luck getting stats on you guys. I didn't want to bother Coach Wheeler about it. I'm sure he has his hands full with preparation. We broadcast via the web at 939theduck.com if you'd like to listen in. We have open phone lines the second hour 11pm-12pm and would love to discuss playoff possibilities with fans of both teams if you guys would like to call in. 931-393-3100 or 931-393-3500. Good luck to both teams..

easy augelio , no one called you a turncoat. you and me are much alike , we both have been to our share of dyersburg games , and both think alike in many ways. we both believe that our program was in better hands when Coach Counce was here , and it is taken coach stowe a little time to get the program back to that level on a winning way through strong leadership that Coach Counce use to provide. i hope bart will get us there.

after much thinking and hearing you say , augelio , that you like to go to top notch games. you want to go to the covington / milan game?

i am going to make that trip a little farther south , than ripley , to watch dyersburg. i believe my trojans can handle them. ripley has been pretty bad since coach mcadams left , coach wheeler at covington now , didn't have much success there from the lack of support from the school and he didn't have a good staff to support him on the sidelines. he seems to be doing fine now , since he is back to where he started. i have heard all good things about him in covington now.

i believe the chargers will win this game by a couple of scores. here are the reasons why.

johnston white is a good back that want go down on the first hit , tough and quick. carlos williams will demand attention and do his share when given the chance. the kid that is the qb this year is so much better than the one they had the last few years , the kid in the past fumbled several snaps against dyersburg . the main ingredient i see is that the offensive line is so much better than last year. watching film from last years game against milan the covington line was slow and couldn't get the linebackers blocked. the center for covington was slow and couldn't move , maybe that is why they had so many bad exchanges to the qb. this year the line seems small but plays much bigger and stronger.

i hope covington wins , that would put dyersburg a little higher in the rankings and hopefully give us 3rd round game with the chargers.

This is going to be a good game but in the end Covington is to much for milan. Covingtons is all around to good for milan. 35-14 Covington wins. Johnston White will run for atleast 200 yards or more....... oh and ripley your the Chargers next victim

I agree with the win over milan but prolly gonna be closer than that .. But chargers will pull this one out .. This time tommorow night hopefully chargers will be 9-0