Milan @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

Poor offensive play calling by Milan in the second half. Why did Milan keep throwing to the receiver defended by C. Williams. He was playing for the pick every time and Milan threw practically every pass to whichever receiver he was covering. He had at least 2 maybe three int and they were just routine poorly non executed throws to/at Cov's best secondary pass defender. Easiest interceptions he'll ever get. Other than that I feel Milan looked better than they did the previous game(Huntingdon) I saw them play. Hard to overcome the multiple interceptions & muffed punt. However very good game to watch. Def best team either have faced

Time to give my two cents worth. First, congratulations Covington. You were the better team tonight. I honestly feel these two teams were very even for the first 3 qtrs and the score board showed it. Many people may disagree with me, but again the score board didn't lie..... the game was practically tied and the lead changed a few times.

However, in the 4th, Covington took it up to another level and Milan had no answer. Plain and simple. I do agree with a previous poster that there were some questionable calls, but I think both teams got hosed by the calls. And the muffed punt by Milan..... that guy hasn't returned a kick all year. Someone said that the normal punt returner, Chad Warden, was hurt. Anyways, Congrats again to Covington.

Really? You must have been watching the band then. Anyone that has played Milan knows who Arkel Coleman is.

Outside of his 1 run tonight that he ran for a touchdown, he was somewhat contained. He did break a few that went for 10-15 yards, but his most impressive run was a TD from about 13 yards out.... made a nice cut back and broke a tackle or 2.

....and something no one has mentioned was Powell's pass in the second quarter. While he may not have had the greatest 3rd and 4th quarters with the int.'s, that touchdown pass in the 2nd quarter was nice!

Edited by GCPioneer

Nice write-up in the CA. They were as impressed with Johnston White as I was.

Covington stays unbeaten behind RB White

By Pete Wickham

Posted October 19, 2012 at 11:32 p.m.

Covington's Johnston White didn't just fill up the stat sheet, he stuffed it to the breaking point as he and the Chargers broke open a tight game in the second half to beat visiting Milan 24-13 Friday night.

The Chargers, ranked second in Class 4A, are now 9-0, 6-0 in District 13-AA. Milan (7-2, 4-2), entered the game ranked sixth in Class 3A, and had the lead twice in this contest.

It's Covington's first 9-0 start since 2002

http://www.commercia.../fully-charged/

Here's what the Jackson Sun said:

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Bulldogs can't stop Covington win streak

By David Thomas

COVINGTON — It was a classic example of the irresistible force facing the immovable object, at least for one half of football.

Covington took advantage of five second-half turnovers and turned a 7-2 deficit at halftime into a 24-13 win Friday.

“Five turnovers, that’s obvious that’s a big deal,†Milan coach Jeff Morris said. “We felt good at half because neither team had done that much.â€

Covington (9-0) didn’t waste time taking its second lead of the game with 7:58 to play in the third when Johnston White scored on a three-yard run, the 11th play of an 80-yard drive, giving the Chargers an 8-7 advantage.

White led all rushers producing 202 yards – 138 in the second half - on 33 carries and three touchdowns.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20121020/SPORTS/310200022/HIGH-SCHOOL-FOOTBALL-Bulldogs-can-t-stop-Covington-win-streak

However, in the 4th, Covington took it up to another level and Milan had no answer.

Thanks for the kudos in your post. We have enjoyed the dialog with you Milan fans over the last week or so.

Just for your info, the Chargers came on strong in the 4th quarter against y'all and we did the same in our other close game this year against Dyersburg. Our guys just seem to be better conditioned and we always say "the 4th quarter is Charger Time". I noticed it last night as you did.

Good luck to Milan the rest of the way.

Thanks for the kudos in your post. We have enjoyed the dialog with you Milan fans over the last week or so.

Just for your info, the Chargers came on strong in the 4th quarter against y'all and we did the same in our other close game this year against Dyersburg. Our guys just seem to be better conditioned and we always say "the 4th quarter is Charger Time". I noticed it last night as you did.

Good luck to Milan the rest of the way.

Once again, Good Luck the rest of the season and Happy Trails!!!!!!

Outside of his 1 run tonight that he ran for a touchdown, he was somewhat contained. He did break a few that went for 10-15 yards, but his most impressive run was a TD from about 13 yards out.... made a nice cut back and broke a tackle or 2.

....and something no one has mentioned was Powell's pass in the second quarter. While he may not have had the greatest 3rd and 4th quarters with the int.'s, that touchdown pass in the 2nd quarter was nice!

Powell threw one in the first qtr that hit the receiver wide open in the end zone. It was just like the one in the 2nd qtr only the receiver dropped it.

I was awoke this morning to the groans of an animal in distress. When I open my front door there layed a dirty ole egg sucking bulldog. Looked light he had been in a fight and lost and had been recently neutered (like in the last 24 hours). He is gray with a purple collar and a bone shaped tag with a big " M " on it. He needs medical attention quick if y'all know who he belongs to.