Preseason 9AA Predictions

Cleggy

Goodpasture (4-1)

Macon County (4-0)

Sycamore (2-3)

Greenbrier (1-3)

White House (1-3)

Westmoreland (1-3)

The "byes" are pretty much settled. Goodpasture and Macon County play again for the 2nd time tomorrow night. Outside of this #'s 3-6 in the district have really struggled this season. Not 1 of those 4 teams has had "a successful" campaign in 2012-2013.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Macon and Goodpasture will compete for the regular season championship. Considering they are the only two teams in the whole district with a winning record. And no other team would even be .500 if you doubled their wins * except for westmoreland. But this district should be intriguing and fun to watch because most the teams are evenly matched, and have enough talent to surprise the top 2 teams on any night!!

Really thought White House Should have won sat night against Macon

Does anyone else feel though that this district is literally playing only for the district , can any of these teams compete with any of the top 4 from District 10AA??

Nope. No one comes close to being able to challenge CPA, Maplewood, Pearl Cohn and East Lit. Goodpasture would come the closest, although it would still be an upset.

Goodpasture is capable of winning a game in the region. Sonn has those kids playing hard and more importantly, believing they can be successful. I love Jason Welch and the job he has done at Macon, but I just don't think they can beat any of the top 4-5 teams on the other side.

Sycamore and White House have already taken beatdowns from 10AA.. Greenbrier and Westmoreland would not fare well against any of the 9 teams in 10AA.

The only unbeatable in 10-AA is CPA. I think that Goodpasture can beat any of the others. Saw their game the other night against Macon. Looks like outside of their own gym Macon is very beatable. The rest of the district is just sad.

when macon and goodpasture play on a netural site it will be a great game to watch.and remember macon is playing with hometown,homegrown boys not players from everywhere.

You hit it on the HEAD BDP! Mason at GB didn't yell one time at his guys during a 10-pt loss to a H O R R I B L E Montgomery County team they had beaten by 30 earlier in the year, then he turns around and starts coaching his guts out while his team is still in the 1st quarter versus Westmoreland--and you KNOW the kids feel it too so they play accordingly.

What's even sadder than our district is how all us fans of different teams are agreeing how SAD the district is! But I'm with you guys on it.

I love Jason Welch and the job he has done at Macon, but I just don't think they can beat any of the top 4-5 teams on the other side.

I think it helps when the same coaches "literally" coach from I know for sure atleast 7th graders all the way up to the high school. Some schools might frown on this , but I think Macon middle school is not affiliated with TSSAA so noone says anything, But having same coaches in the ear for 6 years instead of 4 is a huge advantage IMO.