Top Players in the State??

Parkdog3412

Arkansasvol, are you pulling our leg? What is the name of the state championship team when she was chosen MVP? Also, what does MPSA stand for? How can you have a state champion if the tournament has teams from different states? Sorry for my ignorance and skepticism, but in my 17 years of coaching I have not seen a player hit a legitimate .500 much less .800 against the quality pitchers around this state. Are we talking slowpitch? I hope she is as good as you say she is. It would be good for the state of Tennessee. :confused: :confused:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What grade is this girl in. If she's as good as you say she

should a stand out. Did she play travel ball? Because the

teams we played this year there was no girl with this

quality. My daughter started playing travel ball when she

was in 7th grade. She started high school ball at 8th grade, she was there starting catcher. She batted .506 her

8th grade year. She started as pitcher her 9th grade year and batted .664, and was named all-district. Her 10th grade

year she batted .712, and was named all-district. Her 11th

grade year she batted .768 and was named District MVP. Her

senior year she batted .802 and was walked 76 times, and was named District MVP. She went for her first of college last year and broke the homerun record for the school and lead the nation. Umpires and coaches say she reminds them of Barry Bonds. So if this girl is that good I sincerely hope she makes it as far as my daughter has and further on.

If I had to make a team, from what I have seen, this would be it.

Pitchers- Megan Rhodes (Lipscomb)

Allison Tyree (Brentwood)

Danielle Pieroni (Goodpasture)

Catchers- Amanda Derrick (Father Ryan)

Holly ????? (Columbia Academy)

1st Base- Brittany Herald (Ezell-Harding)

2nd Base- Callie Binkley (Goodpasture)

Laci Upchurch (Davidson)

Short-Stop-Kelly Major (Brentwood)

That chick from Coffee County, I am not sure of her name.

3rd Base- Toni Hutchinson (Goodpasture)

Terri Simmons (Oakland)

Outfielders- Ashley McCool (Ezell-Harding)

Emily Broyles (Boyd-Buchanan)

Kelly Tyree (Brentwood)

Sorry if i forgot soemone odvious. :D

EzellSoftball04: That sounds like a team you could take & win some games in the summer. Should would love to have that pitching staff & see what happens. Another player that you seemed to leave off was Nat Brock (Ezell Harding). She hold several TSSAA State Tourney Records & would also be a force to deal with, swapping her out with Brittany H at 1st base / pitching would be awesome.

Hendersonville has some good talent back like Cristin White & Heather Tucker. Brentwood Academy has the Little girl's & Lundy. F Ryan has some good talent with Amber & Katherine & Mandy. You could clean up some with the talent in Middle Tenn & throw some in from the West & East.

Guest wonderer2

i think one of the better players in tennessee is a young lady named chelsea (i dont know her last name) she is from davidson academy.. she might not be as good as their leading pitcher but she is comming in a close 2nd. also.. there is another girl who played on Sting (i think this was their 16 and under team) i've seen her play at 3rd and in a tournament i saw her play some decent outfield. she is also a pitcher. i think she played 3rd for forest in high school ball.. but she is a pretty good little player.. you should watch out for her.

jessica boyce - oakland

great leadoff hitter, great outfielder, pretty good pitcher also. she's just a pure athlete.

ashley hodge - oakland

can hit the ball a mile!! 2nd baseman. great defensive player.

kaycie jones - oakland

catcher, very good #3 hitter. gets base hits. puts the ball in play in clutch situations.

these girls play summer ball. u should check them out.