Grider Vs This McKamey man

Roy Dillard

Update on Will McKamey from his mom on FB. Will has a brain bleed from blunt trauma, they are continuing to monitor him to see if surgery is needed.

Please continue to pray. And a big thank you to all the fine folks at South Pitt, very hospitable and you guys have a great atmosphere. You are great fans and a class act.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear. Will definitely continue to pray for him , his family, and all of his GCA family.

Is Old Pirate understanding this correctly? All 3 SP teams beat Jasper this year with 7 year old spitting and the other two winning both? TTP, you Jasper fellers sure were misleading folkes with all the mess bout how SP was down and Jasper was all that earlier in the season. Dad burnit, OP felt real bad after reading that. Recon kinda like a feller telling a OP had jest been bit by a rabid aids caring pit bull then finding out that feller was jest full of mess and had not told the truth! LOPAO..........

BTW, You fellers from Jasper come on down to the Speedway Friday and find a seat on the SP side yous jest might talk to some fellers about proper studding technigues!

I want to first say i am praying for the young man from Grace.. i hope hes doing well, and he makes a full recovery.

Edited by 98nationalchmps

What exactly happened? Did somebody hit him? I've read he just fell on sidelines....I didn't realize he was in critical condition...Gotta feel for his parents...Hopefully he pulls through..Life is about much more than football

Years ago, my cousin had the same injury. My cousin's hit took place early in the game, blacked out on the sidelines about 30 minutes later. By God's grace and a lot of prayers he survived. Was in ICU for three weeks. Made a full recovery, suffered some paralysis on one side, but has lived a full rich life. Although it ended his football career, it brought him and his family closer to the Lord. He is a strong christian husband and father.

I pray for this young man and his family. Life is so fragile. May God help us all to cherish everyday we have with our loved ones.

Any new update on the injured ball player this morning?

Per his mother's facebook posts:

We just were able to meet with the doctor, Praise God, the scan looks the same and the doctor feels very confident that we are out of the woods for surgery! The doctor seemed almost surprised but he didn't know the massive amounts of prayers that were being sent up! He told Will that he was most likely done with football for the season and Will is taking that very hard! Although we are just thankful for the health and healing he has already received, to a 17 year old this is hard to understand. Please pray for peace for him. He will be in ICU until Monday probably and then here in a room for several days following. It's a very serious brain injury but God has been faithful and he should make a full recovery! Randy and I feel so overwhelmed and unworthy of the outpouring of support and prayer from all of you. We are truly grateful and we love you all!!

Per his mother's facebook posts:

We just were able to meet with the doctor, Praise God, the scan looks the same and the doctor feels very confident that we are out of the woods for surgery! The doctor seemed almost surprised but he didn't know the massive amounts of prayers that were being sent up! He told Will that he was most likely done with football for the season and Will is taking that very hard! Although we are just thankful for the health and healing he has already received, to a 17 year old this is hard to understand. Please pray for peace for him. He will be in ICU until Monday probably and then here in a room for several days following. It's a very serious brain injury but God has been faithful and he should make a full recovery! Randy and I feel so overwhelmed and unworthy of the outpouring of support and prayer from all of you. We are truly grateful and we love you all!!

Wonderful news! Praise God!