Bradley @ McMinn County

alt1958

Sorry if I'm sidetracking a McMinn - Bradley thread, but I can't find a scenario where Oak Ridge goes to McMinn in the first round. If McMinn beats Bradley and Hardin Valley doesn't get in, the Cherokees would most likely host Science Hill (less likely D-B, and very remote, Bearden, Jefferson Co. or even Maryville). Meanwhile, Oak Ridge would probably land at Sevier Co. If, again, Hardin Valley doesn't get in while McMinn loses to Bradley and Maryville loses to Lenoir City, Oak Ridge would likely host McMinn. If, as most expect, Maryville defeats Lenoir City and then McMinn loses to Bradley, McMinn would most likely be at Sevier Co. and Oak Ridge would host Science Hill or D-B. Of course if Hardin Valley does sneak in, McMinn will be in Quad 2.

I'm feeling a little dizzy.

Why I had a headache just from our District. Nothing is straightforward with this seeding system.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classless are you kidding me!!! I have heard it all from all the haters. First of all I know this kid has parents and why they have not responded about all the rude comments being made about there son 24, shows their level of class!! I don't think whoever wrote this comment could even buy class!!! Do you even know Kelvin Wells?

Yes have watched the kid on several occasions. During the Rhea game this year he should have been ejected for getting two seperate personal foul penalties on the same play, one was for throwing a punch and the other was for removing his helmet afterwards. And if i was a walker valley fan i would be glad hes gone. They are having much more success than they had while he was there.

Hardin Valley will not get in. Their strength of schedule is not good enough to move them past the other 5-5 teams.

It's actually not that far-fetched a scenario for Hardin Valley. Here's a for instance:

If 4-5 Hardin Valley beats 1-8 Karns and 4-5 Anderson Co. beats 2-7 Clinton, HVA gets in if ...

- Franklin (4-5) loses to Brentwood (8-1)

- Rossview (5-4) loses to Henry Co. (7-2)

- Franklin Co. (5-4) loses to Columbia (7-2)

- Memphis Central (5-4) loses to White Station (which is 5-3 on the field, but 3-6 in the eyes of the TSSAA)

I think if most people were picking winners in those games, the necessary outcome would, in each instance, be seen as the safer bet. The only thing that could prevent the scenario above from landing HVA in the playoffs is if 4-5 Memphis East beats 9-0 Whitehaven; that would bolster Memphis Central's 2nd tie-breaker total to 5, leading to the 3rd tie-breaker where Memphis Central holds the advantage over HVA.

Back to the Bradley McMinn game, what match ups do you Bradley fans most want to see from your side of the game? I have not seen much film but I did see the first half of the Blackman game. Their DB's played off of the Bradley receivers and Copeland seem to find his grove throwing the ball early. To me that is the key if Copeland has success early for you guys.

It's actually not that far-fetched a scenario for Hardin Valley. Here's a for instance:

If 4-5 Hardin Valley beats 1-8 Karns and 4-5 Anderson Co. beats 2-7 Clinton, HVA gets in if ...

- Franklin (4-5) loses to Brentwood (8-1)

- Rossview (5-4) loses to Henry Co. (7-2)

- Franklin Co. (5-4) loses to Columbia (7-2)

- Memphis Central (5-4) loses to White Station (which is 5-3 on the field, but 3-6 in the eyes of the TSSAA)

I think if most people were picking winners in those games, the necessary outcome would, in each instance, be seen as the safer bet. The only thing that could prevent the scenario above from landing HVA in the playoffs is if 4-5 Memphis East beats 9-0 Whitehaven; that would bolster Memphis Central's 2nd tie-breaker total to 5, leading to the 3rd tie-breaker where Memphis Central holds the advantage over HVA.

Again nothing to do with this thread. Start another. Back to McMinn Bradley

Again nothing to do with this thread. Start another. Back to McMinn Bradley

Not too often a thread gets to be "current" 2 weeks in a row, but that will be the case with Bradley returning to Athens for the 1st round. Interesting what led to it, and it will be an interesting rematch. But just a bizarre quirk of this ridiculous system.

Not too often a thread gets to be "current" 2 weeks in a row, but that will be the case with Bradley returning to Athens for the 1st round. Interesting what led to it, and it will be an interesting rematch. But just a bizarre quirk of this ridiculous system.

Are you sure of that? How goofy the system is, if true.

Are you sure of that? How goofy the system is, if true.

It is official. Rematch Friday!!

I was sitting here trying to decide if a new thread was in order or just continue this one. lol

Ok we just played the 89th meeting now we are going to turn around and play the 90th.

Now the question arises. It's hard enough to beat a team once a season, but twice? A week apart? Which way does it go? Bradley come back with fire in their eyes, or does McMinn make up for having to come from behind to pull it out? This could be really wild affair.