Gerry Bertier's 4A End of the Season Play Predictions

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many teams with great playoff runs in their history, but this is 2012. You can't live off of 2011 or 2010 or any past year. What you did then means absolutely nothing this year. To me if any team can be considered the top team it should be Greenville, they are the state champions until someone beats them and knocks them out this year.

There are many teams with great playoff runs in their history, but this is 2012. You can't live off of 2011 or 2010 or any past year. What you did then means absolutely nothing this year. To me if any team can be considered the top team it should be Greenville, they are the state champions until someone beats them and knocks them out this year.

Yes you can live off recent playoff runs. Although the team across the field matters, it's having players, coaches, parents, and fans that have made that 14 to 15 game run that factors in greatly. 11th game = excitement. 12th game=anticipation. But by that 13th game the grind of a long season kicks in. And by game 13 you have shown your hand. Your tendencies become a known. Then playoff experience + a top coaching staff takes over. Book it!.....icon_e_ugeek.gif

^^^^^you left the dang E out of Greeneville. better correct that cuz them green horned folks are a little touchy about that.....thumb[1].gif

I agree that a year removed from a long playoff run can help. But anything past a year ago means nothing. People bring up historically good programs like that is supposed to scare someone. Who cares how good they have been in the past, what matters is how good they play this year on the field when it matters

Just because you were good last year by no means guarantees that you are good this year. Giles is no doubt a good team, I'm not questioning that at all. But to say that they are the ONLY top team in Tennessee is absurd and biased. To me there are 4 or 5 teams that can truly bring home the gold ball this year, and everybody else is trying to pull the upset.

Last years not this years. GC is the AP number one and has been all year. Like it or not they lead the charge to the 4a crown and they are well aware they are not the only ones in the race.

I agree that a year removed from a long playoff run can help. But anything past a year ago means nothing. People bring up historically good programs like that is supposed to scare someone. Who cares how good they have been in the past, what matters is how good they play this year on the field when it matters

Just because you were good last year by no means guarantees that you are good this year. Giles is no doubt a good team, I'm not questioning that at all. But to say that they are the ONLY top team in Tennessee is absurd and biased. To me there are 4 or 5 teams that can truly bring home the gold ball this year, and everybody else is trying to pull the upset.

programs do make history...ever heard of alcoa...maryville...south pitt...book them for the title game each year...book alcoa and maryville to win it each year...95% of the time they win...alcoa lost last year...everyone knows they were full of injuries...but most were hoping things had dropped off a bit and others could compete...yet here they are in 2012...healthy and full of steam...8 titles in 9 years most likely...now thats history

be glad theyre arent open enrollment schools like that in 4a yet...or private schools like CAK and CPA

as far as 4 or 5 teams that would win it...heck lets just go ahead and say 12-15 teams could take the crown...that makes me happy...that puts my team up there...yea i think thats fair...

of those 5a and 6a teams that covington played...who do u think will actually make it past the 1st round??? this is just me being curious now

Edited by dhstennis

Brighton could make it past the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Munford plays Whitehaven the first round, so their season will end quick.

History is good for the fans to talk about, but from a coach and players standpoint, I couldn't care less about what teams did the previous 10 years.

when it comes to city/town schools i agree with u...but open enrollment and private schools take that idea to the whipping post

Edited by dhstennis