Gerry Bertier's 4A End of the Season Play Predictions

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Side can definitely beat JCM if they stay disciplined. They sure gave us a fit last Friday night. Barely survived that game. We lost to JCM because we fumbled million times. But JCM has athletes if they can be consistent

i dont think SS has a chance to beat jcm no matter what is going on with the injuries and the coach...that was the worst SS team that has been put on the field in at least 6 years...the option read may not be as effective but jcm has more talent across the field...they will find a way to win...

how many 4-6 teams are we gona let in the playoffs anyway

my question is...what if stratford beats lipscomb...does liberty then take the 4 seed from maplewood in quad 3

Edited by dhstennis

Remember your team has the right to prove me wrong. This year it looks like the last team in will be Red Bank barely beating out Hillcrest out of Memphis. Have fun and remember if you have any questions or spot a mistake don't hesitate to ask or point it out.

Quad 1

1 DeKalb Co. 10-0 District Winner

8 Claiborne 4-6 WC

4 Livingston Academy 8-2 Runner Up

5 Gibbs 6-4 WC

3 Greeneville 7-3 District Winner

6 Carter 5-5 WC

2 Fulton 8-2 District Winner

7 Grainger 4-6 WC

Quad 2

1 Giles Co. 10-0 District Winner

8 Red Bank 4-6 WC

4 Notre Dame 8-2 Runner Up

5 Hixson 7-3 Runner Up

3 Signal Mountain 7-3 District Winner

6 Sequoyah 6-4 WC

2 East Hamilton 9-1 District Winner

7 Marshall Co. 5-5 WC

Quad 3

1 Lexington 9-1 District Winner

8 Lipscomb Academy 5-5 WC

4 Liberty Tech/Maplewood This will come down to a slew of tiebreakers.

5 LibertyTech/Maplewood

3 Page 6-4 Runner Up

6 Sycamore 6-4 WC

2 White House 6-4 District Winner

7 Chester Co. 5-5 WC

Quad 4

1 Covington 10-0 1st

8 Raleigh Egypt 4-6WC

4 Fairley 7-3 Runner Up

5 Dyersburg 9-1 WC

3 Trezevant 8-2 1st

6 Sheffield 5-5 WC

2 Mitchell 8-2 1st

7 Crockett Co. 6-4 wc

Outstanding as always Gerry, if Sequoyah is able to pull a win Friday and finish at 7-3 (runner-up), does it change anything?

Outstanding as always Gerry, if Sequoyah is able to pull a win Friday and finish at 7-3 (runner-up), does it change anything?

Well since the TSSAA moved Sequoyah to Quad 1 and DeKalb to Quad 2 today. I have Sequoyah being the # 4 seed win or lose in Quad 1 as long as Gibbs loses to Austin East. If Gibbs wins, then Sequoyah would need to win to be the 4 seed.

i dont think SS has a chance to beat jcm no matter what is going on with the injuries and the coach...that was the worst SS team that has been put on the field in at least 6 years...the option read may not be as effective but jcm has more talent across the field...they will find a way to win...

how many 4-6 teams are we gona let in the playoffs anyway

my question is...what if stratford beats lipscomb...does liberty then take the 4 seed from maplewood in quad 3

I would have to agree with you just this one time! Haha.. I do think if SS plays as hard as they did last Friday night for 4 qtrs it will be a toss up... Thinking about going to this one since CC is playing Fayette Ware at Fayette!

Looks like DeKalb will stay in Quad 2 win or lose.

Chattacane, do you not understand the Quad system? There are no true Quad 1 schools, Quad 2 schools and so on. It is all based on what 32 teams qualify for the playoffs. Then the TSSAA starts in the East and heads West putting teams into Quads. Tell me what team could take Giles place in Quad 2?

I did do some research, last night. You are correct there is no true Quads. But on TSSAA web site under there you tube looking video thing they do talk about " Natural Quad" there words not mine.

According to them and that's where I got started on this.

Districts 1-4 natural quad 1

Districts 5-8 natural quad 2

Districts 9-12 natural quad 3

Districts 13-16 natural quad 4

So they did in fact throw out pre set quads but they call them natural quads, before the season started.

They state they will not move a team more than 1 natural quad.

So I was going with there natural quad info, thus they have taken a natural quad teams Dekalb 10-0 and East Ham 9-1 and put them in there natural quad. They have taken Giles a natural quad 3 team also 10-0 and moved them into quad 2. Replacing them in there natural quad 3 with a 9-1 natural quad 4 team lexington. Thus forcing a natural quad 2 team Sequoyah to quad 1.

Thats what I don't understand, they TSSAA could have saved them selves some pain that they got this morning in CTFP and this board by busting up 3 of the top 5 teams in the state and putting them in there natural quad. There is no #1 seed in quad 3 from a natural quad 3 school they moved the only team Giles to Quad 2 and put them in with another 10-0 team Dekalb.

I did do some research, last night. You are correct there is no true Quads. But on TSSAA web site under there you tube looking video thing they do talk about " Natural Quad" there words not mine.

According to them and that's where I got started on this.

Districts 1-4 natural quad 1

Districts 5-8 natural quad 2

Districts 9-12 natural quad 3

Districts 13-16 natural quad 4

So they did in fact throw out pre set quads but they call them natural quads, before the season started.

They state they will not move a team more than 1 natural quad.

So I was going with there natural quad info, thus they have taken a natural quad teams Dekalb 10-0 and East Ham 9-1 and put them in there natural quad. They have taken Giles a natural quad 3 team also 10-0 and moved them into quad 2. Replacing them in there natural quad 3 with a 9-1 natural quad 4 team lexington. Thus forcing a natural quad 2 team Sequoyah to quad 1.

Thats what I don't understand, they TSSAA could have saved them selves some pain that they got this morning in CTFP and this board by busting up 3 of the top 5 teams in the state and putting them in there natural quad. There is no #1 seed in quad 3 from a natural quad 3 school they moved the only team Giles to Quad 2 and put them in with another 10-0 team Dekalb.

You left out one little bitty factor......

The West doesn't want Giles. End of story.icon_e_ugeek.gif

You left out one little bitty factor......

The West doesn't want Giles. End of story.icon_e_ugeek.gif

I agree dude....... This whole rant I am on is based on my school as of right now, and sure lots can happen. But the way this could play out is East Ham would have to play Hixson (again) then Dekalb on the road, then Giles on the road, then Greeneville or Fulton, then play for it all against Covington. The only team that benifits is Covington.

I have been hard headed for a long time no one is going to change my mind and say it makes sense for Dekalb, Giles, and East Ham to be in the same quad.

A lot for a team that went 9-1.

Edited by chattacane