Wilson Central vs Mt Juliet (Thursday Night Lights)

VandyFan7

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well over a 100?? Doubtful. He was averaging I guess you would say 25 a quarter. Yal beat us in the air on this particular night. So If he was to continue to get yards on the ground to break 100 on central's defense yal wouldnt not have won. Like I said yal won in the air just like Mount juliet would have to do if they have any chance beating Central.

Far as Chowbay not being a Roundtree. Lets not forget Roundtree on a team with 2 wins his sophomore year he threw for about 1200 yards(8.5 games). His offensive line was young. He had someone in his face constantly and his leading receivers this year.. Chris Lee, Alex Price, and Gabe Angel. Chris was out for 6 games and Angel was just in 8th grade, and we did not graduate any receivers. Central's offensive line deserve a lot of respect this year. They have kept our qb protected and we have a great ground game. I give the edge to Central in defense, offense, and special teams.

Our passing game did win the ball game that night, but to imply we wouldn't have ran Hurd anymore is ridiculous.

If you let Hopkins to the outside, it will be a long night for the Wildcats though. Y'all have more than one back to focus on this time.

And if Roundtree is on (and doesn't fall apart like he did in our game), then yes, I see Wilson Central coming away with the win.

Go ahead and bash me, but I wasn't overly impressed with WC's passing game. Two picks when the game was on the line, dropped passes all night, 4 for 14, 36 yds. Maybe they had an off night. Maybe Beech's D had something to do with it. WC's running game hurt Beech much more than the passing game.

Edited by tandem

Go ahead and bash me, but I wasn't overly impressed with WC's passing game. Two picks when the game was on the line, dropped passes all night, 4 for 14, 36 yds. Maybe they had an off night. Maybe Beech's D had something to do with it. WC's running game hurt Beech much more than the passing game.

Not a basher,just a supporter.If you are basing our passing game on that one game then yes,we did not do very good.But we are not basing your running game off that one game either,because if we were then your running game wouldn't be good,and we know thats not true.I think that Hurd said in an interview that he got frustrated with our defense.I am sure that our offense was frustrated as well.It was a hard fought game.Lets not hash that game out anymore.

Who are you and why are you constantly getting a new screen name just so you can insult WC? Our team is 8-1,Our defense stopped the best running back in the state.Our Qb is the leading passer in the district with over 1000 yards.Our senior receiver has an offer at a prestigious school.Quess what,they dont have to prove anything to you,they have already proved it.Who knows what will happen thursday night,we will all wait and see.You dont like WC,ok we get it,grow up.

This is the only name I've ever had on coachT except for the one I had in high school, which was a while ago, so I have no idea what you're talking about. But thanks for attacking me!

I simply stated that I don't think WC's defense can stop MJ's running game and people go crazy. Yeah they contained Hurd, but he's one guy. MJ has more than one legit RB and I'm not convinced WC can stop them. If they do, good for them, I'll eat some crow.

I think Central has a good team, but I think da Bears have a better team.

Edited by thebigolebadger

Whom ever wins in the trenches wins the game. If the Wildcats get penetration on the BEARS O-line than the BEARS lose. If not the BEARS win. If you give the MJ backs that inital block than you will be scored on. Hopkins has the speed and if McCathern gets enough time to get the feet churning than it's nearly impossible to bring him down. WC will stack the box to try to accomplish this. This is why Chowbay has to complete some passes. In order for him to do this than the O-line has to give him time. The lineman are the key to this game. Go BEARS!

Whom ever wins in the trenches wins the game. If the Wildcats get penetration on the BEARS O-line than the BEARS lose. If not the BEARS win. If you give the MJ backs that inital block than you will be scored on. Hopkins has the speed and if McCathern gets enough time to get the feet churning than it's nearly impossible to bring him down. WC will stack the box to try to accomplish this. This is why Chowbay has to complete some passes. In order for him to do this than the O-line has to give him time. The lineman are the key to this game. Go BEARS!

Pride,

Chowbay's good night passing at Hendersonville could not have come at a better time. He is young; but very talented. Teams that are watching this game film now have to play back and can't commit to totally stopping the run.

I know Coach Perry will have the boys ready and a great game plan. Comes down to execution. I think that who ever turns the ball over loses.

Lets just hope the refs call a good game both ways. These teams have worked too hard to have the refs decide the game.

One more day until game day !

GO BEARS !